IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Letgo said:

I’m wondering if Meri will give up publicly on Kody now. She’s a third wheel in his marriage to Robyn. I can’t see him ever coming back to her. Meri has her Lula Ro (sp?) business and her B & B. There is nothing keeping her in Flagstaff. There is only Robyn’s family left there so Meri could live elsewhere and visit. Time to sell the property, Kody, and divide the proceeds. Robyn and Kody own their house so why bother with 5 lots they can’t afford? 

Part of me hopes that she stays just so that it is awful and awkward for Kody. He wanted this lifestyle, screams traitor when the wives leave him. Now he's left with one he doesn't want, what's he supposed to do?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think Meri knows where she stands with Kory—he’s told her, after all—and she remains for her share of the money from the show. I’m sure she could use it. I think Janelle and Christine have enough pride to not do that.  I wish they had had enough pride to leave a few years ago, before the financially damaging move to Flagstaff so they’d have more money to start over with. Hell, I wish they had all had enough pride and dignity to refuse to do a reality show in the first place. I suspect they would say that the kids figured weighed heavily in all these decisions, but I don’t think they benefited in the end. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Part of me hopes that she stays just so that it is awful and awkward for Kody. He wanted this lifestyle, screams traitor when the wives leave him. Now he's left with one he doesn't want, what's he supposed to do?

And Kody is truly stuck because he can’t leave a wife, the wife needs to leave him. Perhaps that’s Meri’s revenge. She’ll hang in there, being a “good” wife, knowing he can’t dump her, reaping the benefits of whatever financial support she gets and driving Kody nuts to boot!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Okay, I'm new to these freaks. I managed to avoid them for years, but they're everywhere now, so I've capitulated. 😀

As I understand it, Meri was the wife he legally married. Now, did she divorce him (but remains "spiritually" married)? And did he legally marry Robyn, whom I understand to be about a decade younger than the other three? Are Janelle and the last one whose name I've forgotten definitely out, or are they sticking around for the show $$$? 

How many kids are Kody ignoring? Everyone but favored Robyn's? ! saw that one of the daughters is engaged to her GF. I imagine Kody has disowned her. 😥

• Upvote 1

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/robyn-brown-says-sister-wives-040000847.html

In a teaser for next Sunday's Sister Wives: One on One special, Robyn addresses how she's ended up as Kody's main wife — even in a plural marriage. "They handed him to me and said 'We don't want to spend time with him, basically'" Robyn said of her sister wives.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I think Meri knows where she stands with Kory—he’s told her, after all—and she remains for her share of the money from the show. I’m sure she could use it. I think Janelle and Christine have enough pride to not do that.  I wish they had had enough pride to leave a few years ago, before the financially damaging move to Flagstaff so they’d have more money to start over with. Hell, I wish they had all had enough pride and dignity to refuse to do a reality show in the first place. I suspect they would say that the kids figured weighed heavily in all these decisions, but I don’t think they benefited in the end. 

I wish they'd left years ago too, but this is the very rare case where I believe having a reality show actually helped those kids in the long run. Without the show's money, exposure, and influence, I think that family would be living much the same as they had when we were first introduced to them and some of the kids might have been contemplating polygamy for themselves at this point. 

I'm sure there are other aspects of filming that have been damaging for them, and that is a terrible thing indeed, but overall, this is one generation that has completely broken free of polygamy with a fairly clean break (no running away in the middle of the night), and that in my mind is a wonderful thing.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Okay, I'm new to these freaks. I managed to avoid them for years, but they're everywhere now, so I've capitulated. 😀

As I understand it, Meri was the wife he legally married. Now, did she divorce him (but remains "spiritually" married)? And did he legally marry Robyn, whom I understand to be about a decade younger than the other three? Are Janelle and the last one whose name I've forgotten definitely out, or are they sticking around for the show $$$? 

How many kids are Kody ignoring? Everyone but favored Robyn's? ! saw that one of the daughters is engaged to her GF. I imagine Kody has disowned her. 😥

Meri was the first and for a while legal wife. They got legally divorced but remained spiritually married, and Kody legally married Robyn. The reasoning they gave was so he could adopt Robyn's 3 kids from her first marriage. I've also seen speculation that Meri agreed to the divorce because she was looking to run off with her online boyfriend (who turned out to be a catfish), but who knows. Also Kody now gets to be married to the only wife he actually wants. Now Meri is sticking around... for some reason.

Robyn is indeed younger than the other wives, and more significantly (I think), came into the picture after the family had already been together for like almost 2 decades. 

Christine is definitely out. She's moved back to Utah, says she's done with polygamy, throws shade at Kody, spends lots of time with her kids, Janelle, and Janelle's kids, and is generally living her best life. It seems she only occasionally talks to Kody in order to facilitate him talking to their youngest, Truely. That is when he remembers she exists. She is still doing the show though.

As for Janelle, according to the preview for next week's episode they are "separated". Not sure what that means for people who were never legally married but whatever. I imagine once this season is over the family will give us more details. My guess is she's currently in Vegas either with or near her oldest, Logan.

Kody is ignoring all his kids with Janelle and Christine, so at least 12. I'm not sure what his relationship is with Leon, Meri's only child.  

As far as I'm aware Kody has not disowned any of his children for being LGBTQIA+. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

20 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Oh, that Kody! He is so destructive.

I think Kody's rejection of Christine was specific when he wed Robin. He went from having a relationship with her to pointedly rejecting her.

Well, well, well. I do declare the solution to the riddle was revealed of how Christine suddenly became the nation's most famous unloved wife when Kody married Robyn. Janell said Robyn would complain to Kody about Christine and he would tell the other wives, trying to influence them against Christine. So Robyn was must have found Christine being regarded for her activism for polygamy, the kids loved her, everyone liked her cooking and the attention she received having new baby Truely threatening. Robyn was motivated by jealousy to launch a hate campaign against Christine and Kody loves to be mean and triangulate his wives. Talk about letting a fox into the henhouse!We knew the Browns had trouble after Kody married Robyn, but the degree of Robyn's destructive manipulation was not apparent because she always seems so surprised by what the other Browns say.

It is mind-boggling Kody got so many miles of footage for the show working on his marriage to Christine and going to marriage counseling. It seems all the Christine children are onto Robyn's antics. It makes me nervous for Truely to stay at Kody's house.

As an aside, anybody else thin Kody has boundary problems with Robyn's daughters - kissing them and sobbing because one quarantined in the basement 10 days? Cringeworthy, indeed.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

I'll try to summarize. Christine and Kody were activists to decriminalize polygamy in Utah and became known in the community. They were all in on the polygamy lifestyle advocated by their church AUB and hoped to showcase its benefits when the opportunity for the show came along. 

Meanwhile, there were struggles in Kodyville. The magnitude of Kody's narcissistic personality only became known to the SW audience over years of watching the show and a lot of the struggles between the wives were due to his shit stirring and triangulating. People are objects to him, to which he has no attachment or loyalty, good for how they make him feel in the moment. His relationship to the past is mostly rehashing and nursing grievances. That is why, for example, he can appear to have had a good relationship with Janell for nearly 3 decades, but reject her in a blink, because of how he feels at this moment. He is a person of the now.  He had 13 kids with the unfavored wives. He did nit "disown" Gwen and Mariah for coming out.

The Browns may have entered polygamy with stars in their eyes, but nearly immediately there were problems.  Some of the struggles included Meri dealing with infertility, a painful issue for a person in a fertility cult. There were power conflicts between the wives, with Meri bullying Janell to the point she took her kids and left but eventually reconciled. Poor planning and money management led to financial hardship and bankruptcies. Financial scarcity was a real problem for this large family in its early days.

Kody, always the victim, now says polygamy was foisted upon him, and not a lifestyle he wanted.

Eventually Janell and Christine found their groove, with Janell working and Christine homemaking and home-schooling their large brood. They had hit their stride living together in one house when Kody put destruction of their lifestyle in motion by marrying Robyn, who as you noted, was 10 years younger with her own agenda, which began with secretly targeting Christine.

Kody is erratic and impulsive, not one to consider the needs or wants of others or to look at the big picture when making decisions. This led to two moves that ended up isolating family members and causing the family to be the fractured mess you see today. He punishes family members who "betray him" (i.e. make him feel out of control) by withdrawing love, affection and sexual intimacy.

He isolated from the non-Robyn family during covid with poorly communicated rules he (Robyn, the puppeteer) invented. A year and a half later, he continues to rage and punish his family members over them not following his "rules".

Christine leaving made him feel completely out of control, causing him to demand his wives prove they're in and demote Janell to Christine's old job of family scapegoat. The benefit of Kody's covid isolation from his family is his wives and kids learned their lives are easier without him in it, although this realization has come about with a lot of emotional pain. It is excruciating to watch these children realize they do not matter to their dad.

As an aside, if Meri wants Kodi's attention, she should leave. It would make him feel out of control if she presented it as her own idea.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, waltraute said:

I wish they'd left years ago too, but this is the very rare case where I believe having a reality show actually helped those kids in the long run. Without the show's money, exposure, and influence, I think that family would be living much the same as they had when we were first introduced to them and some of the kids might have been contemplating polygamy for themselves at this point. 

I'm sure there are other aspects of filming that have been damaging for them, and that is a terrible thing indeed, but overall, this is one generation that has completely broken free of polygamy with a fairly clean break (no running away in the middle of the night), and that in my mind is a wonderful thing.

I think they would likely have broken free without the show if Kory had still married Robyn, and I think he would have. I’m sure Robyn loved the idea of the show, but she would have benefited financially from the marriage even without it, and those two were hot for each other. The marriage to Robyn and how it changed the dynamics of the family drove the other wives away and alienated the kids. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Christine! That's the one I couldn't remember. 

. . . Kody . . . is that you? Are you @marmalade?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

As an aside, if Meri wants Kodi's attention, she should leave. It would make him feel out of control if she presented it as her own idea.

Oooooh can you imagine his meltdown if MERI left him?! He would have such a meltdown. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Sooooo, I was thinking about who Kody should court next in order to keep the show going and think I have found him a good match.  If Anna Duggar would divorce Josh she would be the perfect addition to the Brown family.  Hear me out on this....

1.) Still young enough to have kids.

2.) Already has a bunch of kids with a worthless father that Kody could adopt to add to his count.

3.) Anna already has fame, so this would be ratings gold, which and could easily keep Robyn in Precious Moments figurines and nanny's for years to come.

4.) As a possible cost-savings option, the older M-kids have already been raised to be sister-mons and may be able to take on the nanny role.

5.) Jim Bob, in a desperate attempt to get back into TLCs good graces and get back on TV, may actually sanction the union. He could offer up the big house for the new Brown compound and get in on the filming action.  Ratings gold!  19 Wives and Counting?   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

Watching this week's episode of Kody as a daughter of a Narcissist parent was so goddamn triggering - the constant self-victimizing ("I was on death's door!"), no self-reflection o responsibility on his role in his bad relationships with Christine, his sons, and other kids, and it just always comes back to him him him. Almost too much to watch and I hope his kids get good therapy and figure out how to establish strong boundaries both with him and his enabler, Robbyn.

Because that's the other big trigger, is the Narcissist's enabler who gaslights you into thinking that the other person is right in it being all about them. Nothing infuriated me more than when she talked about Kody being justified in being mad at all women because of his heartbreak with Christine and that "women suck." Ugh.

So yeah you go Janelle, run as far away as you can from that dumpster fire!

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

And another one down!  Meri is out.  

What will Kody and Robyn do now without their favorite occupation of tormenting the other wives?

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-confirms-kody-split/

Urgh what a completely shit thing to do.  Insist to her face-to-face that they shouldn't say anything, he might still try, and then tell a camera crew he doesn't know why she's still there...

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 4

I get the feeling that Meri, Janelle and Christine have wanted to leave for a while, but didn’t have the courage to until one of them did. Now they’ve all gone.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

Urgh what a completely shit thing to do.  Insist to her face-to-face that they shouldn't say anything, he might still try, and then tell a camera crew he doesn't know why she's still there...

Yep. It is obvious he’s an emotional abuser, gaslighter, and a basic man child. I wish she didn’t want to make it work with him. I wish she wanted away from him. Maybe eventually she will.

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I get the feeling that Meri, Janelle and Christine have wanted to leave for a while, but didn’t have the courage to until one of them did. Now they’ve all gone.

They do say that divorce is contagious. If a close friend or family member in your circle gets divorced, you are more likely to initiate divorce after that friend/family member goes through it. Likely because you have someone to support your decision and someone who gives you a frame of reference on how to do things. If you see someone close to you do it, it’s easier for you to see yourself doing it. 

• Upvote 12

Sing it with me! Thank you, Queen!

Another one bites the dust

And another one gone and another one gone

I did not have Kody losing his first three wives on my Sister Wives Bingo card for 2022! I’m now wondering whether he’ll manage to keep Robyn as his only wife. For Robyn, Kody on a permanent daily basis might not be the idyllic relationship of her dreams. In the past, even with Covid, she could tell him he really needs to go spend time with another wife. That makes her look like a good sister wife AND gives her a break from the Kodester. Full time Kody, without him having a regular 8-5 job, is A LOT OF KODY. I’m not sure Robyn really wanted this. Being the favorite wife is nice and all but being THE wife 24/7 is different. Definitely not something I’d want. Imagine living with Kody, every day all day. Day after day after day…

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

Well that leaves the Douchcanoe extraordinaire exactly where I think everyone knew he wanted to be... 

With the only wife he is attracted to and wants to be with...

Sobbin Robyn 

Good luck to them 

he is such a catch..... 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic