IGNORED

Ken Starr dead

47of74

Here’s a fucker who can rest in piss

KENNETH STARR, THE lawyer known for investigating Bill Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky, mishandling sexual assault cases as president of Baylor University, and helping Jeffrey Epstein secure a sweetheart deal, died Tuesday, Sept. 13. He was 76.

Starr’s family confirmed his death, saying he died from complications from surgery at St. Luke’s Medical center in Houston, Texas.

The “Starr Report,” released in Sept. 1998, claimed Clinton lied about about his affair with Lewinsky and cited obstruction of justice, perjury, abuse of power, and more as reasons for impeaching Clinton. The report led to Clinton’s impeachment in the House of Representatives, but he was acquitted on all counts in the Senate.

Despite being busy defending opponents of same-sex marriage and private military contractors, Starr found plenty of ways to return to the world of sexual impropriety. With his plethora of connections to George W. Bush’s administration, Starr joined Jeffrey Epstein’s legal team and played a crucial part in pressuring the Justice Department to drop its sex-trafficking case against the billionaire. For his efforts, Starr helped his client secure the infamous sweetheart deal that landed him in prison for just 18 months and effectively ensured him immunity from future prosecution.

Anyone who wonders why I’m so glad this fuck is dead and why I hope it was a painful passing while I was so pissed off at that one idiot in Pennsylvania, here’s the thing. Queen Elizabeth never used her knowledge, skills, and abilities to hurt others. This fucking piece of shit used his at every opportunity to harm others. He brought shame and disgrace to the profession.  If his passing was painful he deserved it too. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

I’m waiting for the republicans to try to pin the blame on the Clintons, because you know, they’ve apparently killed everyone else… 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I’m waiting for the republicans to try to pin the blame on the Clintons, because you know, they’ve apparently killed everyone else… 

Nothing like taking nearly quarter of a century to take your revenge. 

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Meh. It what it is. Thoughts and Prayers. 

As a hopefully someday future lawyer myself I hate that fucker.  He disgraced the profession in every way possible by persecuting President Clinton while his sex offender GQP buddies did much worse.  He did so much damage to the profession I am absolutely not in mourning for that sack of shit. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

As a hopefully someday future lawyer myself I hate that fucker.  He disgraced the profession in every way possible by persecuting President Clinton while his sex offender GQP buddies did much worse.  He did so much damage to the profession I am absolutely not in mourning for that sack of shit. 

You know the saying about not saying anything bad about a person who died? 
Well I agree. So I’ll just say Good, I’m glad he’s dead. 

• Upvote 4

It's a good time to take an accounting, because the forces that promoted Ken Starr in wreaking the damage that he did are still active and very much alive.  And yes, he has a history with promoting Brett Kavanaugh. 

If he'd been a good and decent man, the accolades would be pouring in, but they aren't.  Someone pointed out on Twitter this morning that he was having an affair while he was prosecuting and attempting to destroy Bill Clinton. 

In one of the most obnoxiously self-serving articles I've ever read, Ken Starr, Brett Kavanaugh, Jeffrey Epstein and Me, Judi Hershman (former public relations adviser to Starr) describes how it went down: 

I had been on the bike trip through Tuscany in 2009. Early one evening while our spouses were at dinner elsewhere, [Kenneth] Starr had stepped out from the shadows of the grounds of the inn where we were staying and called me over. After expressing his feelings for me, he pulled me into an embrace. This was the beginning of a fond, consensual affair…. Starr had taken my hand and placed it on his crotch….

Our affair ran its course after a year or so of occasional encounters and a steady exchange of affectionate texts and emails.

This article was published in response to Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court. 

As a cyclist, it irks me no end that Ken Starr was also a cyclist. Bleech.

Besides being ethically corrupt, based on Hershman's description of Ken Starr's approach to her, I have zero doubt that Starr was a spiritually and morally corrupt serial adulterer. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

Monica Lewinsky showed she is a much more honorable and decent person than I am.

She has a lot more class and grace than I do.

• Upvote 9

Keith Olbermann had a few words regarding Kenny on today’s podcast. 

• Upvote 1

image.png.c37409283f6aa61c69b4bb63c60131f1.png

Zoomed in version under spoilers:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f7ecb637c7b37aeeae5af9eee122cdfc.png

Spoiler

image.png.d56267ec8d94b19a91e8b3a280fc2575.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Monica Lewinsky is a class act.  She was a very young woman who was enthralled by a man that even his foes acknowledged had immense charisma and charm and who at the time was the most powerful man in the country, if not the world.  Her comment on Ken Starr's death is far, far better than he deserves.  

Starr's bullshit during the Impeachments of Trump where he contradicted his own arguments from the Bill Clinton Impeachment showed just how scummy and gross he always was.  He lacked honor, decency, and a conscience.  Beer Me Brett certainly learned at the feet of the master.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 9/14/2022 at 1:44 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Monica Lewinsky is a class act.  She was a very young woman who was enthralled by a man that even his foes acknowledged had immense charisma and charm and who at the time was the most powerful man in the country, if not the world.  Her comment on Ken Starr's death is far, far better than he deserves.  

Starr's bullshit during the Impeachments of Trump where he contradicted his own arguments from the Bill Clinton Impeachment showed just how scummy and gross he always was.  He lacked honor, decency, and a conscience.  Beer Me Brett certainly learned at the feet of the master.  

Bill Clinton was no angel.  Even if Ms. Lewinsky was an adult who consented and willingly participated in the acts, there's some position of authority questions here that would get leaders at most companies fired now.  But Clinton got shit done.  Such as balancing the budget, overseeing the longest peacetime expansion of our economy, helped lower unemployment and crime.  There are Presidents before and after Clinton who did things far more worthy of impeachment than a blow job between two consenting adults.

Back in the 90s I was a fair bit more conservative than I am now so I didn't think much of him at the time, but goddamn if I had to rank Presidents who served during my lifetime President Obama would be first and Clinton second.  (And fuck face would be below the bottom of any rankings in my fucking book). 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Bill Clinton was no angel.  Even if Ms. Lewinsky was an adult who consented and willingly participated in the acts, there's some position of authority questions here that would get leaders at most companies fired now.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

There are Presidents before and after Clinton who did things far more worthy of impeachment than a blow job between two consenting adults.

Agreed on both points.  The impeachment, however, was not because of the blow job.  It was because he was found to have committed perjury and obstruction of justice. I understand that Clinton did a lot for the country and turned things around spectacularly.  But he did take very big advantage of his position of power over a young woman and then ultimately lied about it under oath.  He was an attorney as well as POTUS so I hold him to a higher standard than the average citizen (who still should not be committing perjury.)  I realize the subject of the lying and obstructing was the sexual contact with Monica Lewinsky but it is not accurate that the impeachment was because of that contact itself (and in fact the House specifically rejected a charge of abuse of power as part of the impeachment proceedings.)  As I said, I do agree that there have been Presidents before and after who have done things far more worthy of impeachment but it wasn't as simple as "he got a blow job from an intern".  What Trump did (and continues to do) is far more egregious but I really don't like the narrative that Clinton's situation was just about sexual contact.  He not only lied under oath but the investigation also revealed that he tried to get others to do it too during the Paula Jones lawsuit.  If we are going to be critical of Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" and his other seriously gross conduct around women, Clinton's conduct should be held to the same scrutiny.  Paula Jones was suing him and by lying and trying to get others to lie, he was interfering with her ability to get legal redress for his actions.  As POTUS he, like Trump, is not above the law.  

The part of what Bill Clinton did that really angers me is that the two people it most hurt were Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.  The shadow of what her husband did stayed over Hillary Clinton her entire political career.  Maybe she didn't act in the best way possible at the time, but none of us were in her shoes.  She was in a horrible position with an international spotlight on her marital problems.  Then there is Monica Lewinsky.  She went from a promising career in politics to being an international punchline.  Her looks and weight were mocked, her decision to save the now infamous blue dress was maligned, and good gravy the cigar jokes that got more and more disgusting that were linked with her name.  I give her so much credit for rising far above it and coming out of what had to have been an absolute nightmare to ultimately show that she is a classy, funny, and pretty strong person.  

Okay, rant over.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1