IGNORED

Nichelle Nichols

47of74

FUCK

Friends, Fans, Colleagues, World

I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years.

Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away. Her light however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration.

Hers was a life well lived and as such a model for us all.

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Here's what the official site had to say

• Thank You 2

• Love 2

Excuse me I have something in my eyes now after seeing this from George. 

https://www.facebook.com/205344452828349/posts/pfbid0JyqY5G8NpMs3Fs2rYzx2zZsPcE5At3owY5aXAjfQRVxaouN4fRQE3Gsa2itsKP6Ll/?d=n 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lt. Uhura is heading for deep space. 

'Star Trek' legend Nichelle Nichols is heading back to space with several of her Enterprise crewmates ... part of an incredibly fitting mission to put their remains into orbit.

Nichelle, who starred as Lieutenant Uhura and passed away back in July, will have her ashes added to the payload of a Vulcan rocket launching later this year for the moon and beyond.

United Launch Alliance's Vulcan Centaur mission will first deliver a robotic lunar lander -- to scout for NASA's future Artemis flights to the moon -- but then it will continue deeper into the solar system for the 'Star Trek' tribute.

The rocket will deliver Nichelle's remains -- as well as 'Star Trek' creator Gene Roddenberry, James Doohan ("Scotty") and Majel Barrett Roddenberry ("Nurse Chapel") -- into a so-called "graveyard orbit" around the sun.

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2