• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• 47of74

• WiseGirl

image.png.a008e08859cdd0c2211130b4f3fcd9ea.png

• Upvote 6

Don’t think we needed scientific research to determine Trump supporters are dumb, but ok.

• Upvote 6

Silly @ADoyle90815! A fetus can't be gay. Because people choose to be gay, remember?

/s

• Upvote 4

image.png.8522c88c8c8359aec442233b01089057.png

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

image.thumb.png.f9d1dc1a6a5cb756376ea77e8f62ab7b.png

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.f9d1dc1a6a5cb756376ea77e8f62ab7b.png

I approve of this map! The only minor issue I see is that there is actually an amusement park that straddles the north and south carolina lines, with a gigacoaster that crosses the line multiple times. Can't stop for customs in the middle of a ride going 95mph. (link to coasterpedia there)

So hopefully Canada will be able to annex that little bit of South Carolina into it's new borders. And maybe also annex in Walt Disney World as a landlocked island. 

• Upvote 7

image.png.0138666ebfd47a7db8a41e2592826ed2.png

• Upvote 11

image.thumb.png.08f33d0912bf41d50054225351de3f35.png

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

FB_IMG_1651746051498.jpg

This. So.much.this.

Despite my extremely personal feelings on abortion (I am against-- for myself -- I simply couldn't have done it and even for medical reasons it would have been very difficult), I have no business telling anyone else what to do.

I can choose for myself. And that counts for everybody: everyone can choose for themselves. And that is what this is about.

It's not about morality, it's about one's right -- one's freedom -- to choose. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

image.png.e936888eb79b374995287588e314a41e.png

"Chastity Susie"

Republican Senator Susan Collins was the final vote needed to confirm accused sexual assaulter and crying angry beer lover Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court where he will sit for the rest of his life casting votes to destroy human rights.

At the time of Kavanaugh’s vote in 2018, the Republicans held a slight majority in the Senate. Kavanaugh was confirmed to the Supreme Court by a 50-48 vote. Republican Steve Daines was absent and didn’t vote. Republican Lisa Murkowski noted her opposition to Kavanaugh and voted “present” which is saying “I’m here but I’m not going to do a fucking thing about it.” Democrat Joe Manchin voted to confirm Kavanaugh. Susan Collins voted to confirm.

Leading up to the vote, Senator Collins, who is pro-choice, expressed concern that Kavanaugh would vote to eliminate a woman’s right to choose. Collins said his opinion about whether Roe v. Wade set a precedent would influence her decision about whether to back his nomination, so she met with him in her office to discuss the issue. She came out of that meeting saying she was satisfied with his answers about abortion rights and he assured her that the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling protecting a woman’s right to an abortion is “settled law.”

Then, Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh joined four other justices and voted to eliminate the precedent and settled law of Roe v. Wade and destroy a woman’s right to choose.

Now, is Senator Collins lying about what Kavanaugh told her, or did Kavanaugh lie to the Senator?

During a speech to the Senate, Collins said, “When I asked him would it be sufficient to overturn a long-established precedent if five current justices believed it was wrongly decided, he emphatically said ‘no.'” During his confirmation hearings, he said repeatedly that Roe had been upheld by Planned Parenthood v. Casey, describing it as “precedent on precedent.” So based upon the words that we all heard, I believe Kavanaugh went into Senator Susan Collin’s office, looked her in the eye, and lied his beer-swilling rapey balls off.

And it’s not just Kavanaugh. Justices Clarence Thomas, Amy Coney Barrett, Neil Gorsuch, and Clarence Thomas each said during their confirmation hearings that Roe v. Wade was “precedent.” They’re all liars and would have said anything to reach confirmation.

And, if Kavanaugh lied saying he’d never vote to eliminate women’s rights, then he probably lied about trying to rape Christine Blasey Ford. Brett Kavanaugh is a liar and we know this. But we knew this before he was confirmed, so why didn’t Senator Susan Collins also know this?

I mean, it’s not like we didn’t tell Susan Collins that a rapey right-wing beer-loving crying Trump nominee couldn’t be trusted. She didn’t listen to us. She listened to the liar and trusted him. She was bamboozled and because of that, abortion rights will be destroyed in at least 26 states.

I also question the voters of Maine who had an opportunity to dump Collins in 2020, but let her hang on to her job. Did Maine just set Collins up to be lied to again and confirm more lying religious zealots to the Supreme Court?

I don’t believe Collins is a stupid person like several of her Republican colleagues in the Senate, but I do think she’s naive. She’s too naive to be a United States Senator. Go home, Susan.

What we need now is another woman’s movement like we saw in 2018 when they came out and delivered the House to the Democratic Party. We need women now more than ever. Don’t be naive like Susan Collins and fall for all the lies Republicans are telling you. Don’t cast your vote based on the Critical Race Theory lies Virginia voters fell for in 2021. Don’t vote on the DeSantis lies that schools are teaching elementary students a gay curriculum. Vote on abortion. Vote angry, like you did against the Trump administration (sic) in 2018.

Women, vote on abortion like the right to choose depends on it…because it does. This isn’t hyperbole. And it doesn’t matter what Republican candidates tell you because we know they lie. What do they do? They lie. They lie. They lie. And then, they lie some more. If any one of them tells you they will not work to make abortion illegal nationally (because if they get control of Congress, they can do that), they’re lying.

The Supreme Court sent abortion to the states because the word “abortion” is not in the Constitution. Neither is the word “woman.” Now, Republicans can ban abortion nationally. This is what they’ve been trying to do for 48 years. Don’t think they won’t do it. This is why Mitch McConnell stole SCOTUS seats. This is why Mitch McConnell lowered the vote requirement from 60 to 50 for SCOTUS confirmations. This is why so many Republicans supported Donald Trump before they even became a cult. They would take any opportunity and under any condition to destroy abortion rights, including lying.

If Vladimir Putin had put a lying orange-stained chimpanzee with a weave and its head stuck permanently up its ass but would nominate abortion-killing zealot judges, Republicans would have said, “Heil monkey.” They will do anything to destroy women’s rights.

You need to vote in this year’s midterms. President Trump and Donald Trump are not on the ballot, but abortion is.

The word “abortion” may not be in the Constitution, but it’s on your ballot. Vote.

• Upvote 8

image.png.9f2d193e99725ee53abf9e60b1b11174.png

"Goodbye To Women's Rights"

The citizens of this nation are about to lose a constitutional right.

In a leaked initial draft obtained by Politico last night, Justice Samuel Alito wrote, “We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled.” This is a preliminary private vote that can change, but won’t. Chief Justice John Roberts, who is comfortable with extreme restrictions on a woman’s right to choose but not with banning it entirely, is voting with the minority to uphold abortion.

For Politico, Josh Gerstein and Alexander Ward write, “The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right.”

Alito writes in the document labeled the “Opinion of the Court,” “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

The people’s elected representatives is kind of the thing, isn’t it?

Mitch McConnell denied President Obama his third Supreme Court nominee a confirmation vote and even refused hearings. In his place, we got Trump’s Neil Gorsuch who is voting to destroy women’s rights to make health decisions regarding their own bodies. McConnell justified this seat steal by claiming there shouldn’t be a confirmation during an election year and the people should get to have a say in the pick…which they already had by electing Obama three years previously and the four years before that.

Then, Justice Anthony Kennedy retired in a deal with Donald Trump that smells fishy to high hell. His replacement was the beer-loving crying Brett Kavanaugh, a man accused of sexual assault. A man who didn’t seem mentally or emotionally up to the task of being a Supreme Court justice. Now he’s assaulting women again. If you’re female and you feel something clenching your uterus, that’s Brett. Would Justice Kennedy have retired if Donald Trump wasn’t president (sic)?

Then, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died less than two months before the 2020 election, and remembering his argument that there shouldn’t be SCOTUS confirmations during an election, Mitch McConnell threw his former position out the window and rushed the confirmation of Trump goon Amy Coney Barrett through before the election. His argument this time was that the Senate was elected by the people, and since Republicans were the majority that this was what the people wanted. The people gave the Democrats the majority two months later. Mitch McConnell doesn’t care if the entire world can see him cheating and for the lying hypocrite he is. He truly doesn’t care as long as he gets what he wants.

Donald Trump didn’t win the popular vote. Hell, George W. Bush didn’t win the popular vote for his first term. The Supreme Court, with justices appointed by his daddy, made George W. Bush president. Despite the Senate being controlled by Republicans during the Trump administration (sic), the majority of this nation’s voters voted for Democratic Senate candidates. Add that to the fact Donald Trump would not be president if NOT for the meddling and interference of Vladimir Putin. This is a fact. So what we have here is a constitutional right being taken away by a court put in place by the white Christian minority voters of this nation. This is not what the people wanted. This is not the direction the people want this nation to go in.

The decision argues that “abortion” is not mentioned in the Constitution. Guess what else isn’t. Birth Control, mixed marriage, and gay marriage. So what right will this ultra-right court full of religious extremists destroy next?

This decision is not final. It’s a draft that’s in the editing stage…or maybe still in the writing stage. Some votes during this stage can change but I don’t see Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Alito, Barrett, or Clarence Thomas changing their vote not to destroy Roe V. Wade. This will probably be final and official in July.

What this means is that about 20 yee-haw states will ban abortion entirely, even in the case of rape, incest, and danger to the life of the woman carrying the fetus. Eleven states have laws that will automatically ban abortion as soon as the decision comes down. More fucknut states will follow suit as fast as they can pass bills and get them on governors’ desks. Don’t be surprised if there are a few special legislative sessions called for the sole purpose of banning abortion. But, this ruling makes abortion a state issue and it will still be legal in states where people don’t drag their knuckles and use eating utensils.

Some of these yee-haw states have made it illegal to leave the state to get an abortion. The Supreme Court has not ruled on one state making something illegal in another state…or have they allowed that? In the past, southern states made it a crime to leave and marry another person in another state. Returning home brought the possibility of jail time. This is what we’re returning to.

As you may recall, Republicans are always arguing about state rights. Yeah, like with everything else they say, that’s bullshit because as soon as the GOP takes back Congress, they’re going to do all they can to ban abortion for the entire nation. They’ll probably kill the filibuster in the Senate to ban abortion.

And what about a state like Virginia which voted heavily for President Biden but then got stupid over racist dog-whistles and elected a Republican who promised he had no interest in enacting Texas-style abortion laws? Expect that to be bullshit too as Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin has a Republican General Assembly, and as we’ve noted, all Republicans are liars. Virginia’s Republicans will ban abortion. And you thought you were just voting against Critical Race Theory being taught to your kids. Here’s the worst part: Critical Race Theory was NEVER being taught to your kids. You fell for that shit and now you’re losing a constitutional right.

What this means is that you need to vote. Vote. Vote. Vote, motherfuckers, vote. I don’t care what state the economy is in or what gaffe President Biden said today or if you’re hearing the word “woke” a lot. Vote Democrat. If you don’t, you’re letting the troglodytes take over this country without even fighting for it.

Welcome to backward America where dogmatic religious zealots create laws dictating how you live your life. We’re going to give the Taliban a run for their money.

• Upvote 8

20220505_csotd1.JPG

20220505_csotd2.JPG

20220505_bramhall1.JPG

• Upvote 6

20220505_csotd3.JPG

20220505_csotd4.JPG

20220505_csotd5.JPG

• Upvote 6

20220505_csotd6.JPG

20220505_wuerker1.JPG

20220505_csotd7.JPG