IGNORED

School politics

47of74

A woman who interrupted a school board meeting has a sad now because she was banned from meetings for a year

A Marion resident is suing the Linn-Mar Community School District, saying she was banned from school board meetings for the next 12 months because she disrupted the August school board meeting.

Amanda Pierce Snyder who lives in the Linn-Mar district, was removed from the Aug. 29 school board meeting after she interrupted board members’ discussion and was asked to stop speaking by the board president.

When Snyder didn’t stop speaking, Morey asked the Marion police officer at the meeting to remove Snyder from the room.

The public, by Iowa law, is allowed to speak only during designated public comment periods.

The article goes on to say her lawyer is also representing the anti-trans Parents Defending Education group so I'm guessing she's a reich winger.

• Upvote 6

• 2 months later...

Wow

Corporal punishment was tolerated in the schools I attended until 10th grade. The band director in one of the junior highs I attended had a belt hanging on the door of his office. If a student misbehaved, he would point at the belt. If the student persisted, he would whip them with the belt. I was horrified he would use it so freely and publicly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

• 1 year later...

Of course since everyone is too fucking afraid to do jack shit about schools which allows stuff like this to happen teachers leave....

Violence continues to wreak havoc in Metro schools and has resulted in a North County teacher quitting her job after she was assaulted by a student.

“I could see the legs and feet of children around me but nobody helped me,” says former teacher Sheryl Rogers.

The 65-year-old came out of retirement to teach at Normandy Collaborative High School. Rogers told First Alert 4 she will never go back after she was beaten by a student in January.

“Teachers are leaving the profession by the thousands so that should tell you something,” said Rogers.

I'm getting very sweary right now.  When I was growing up if that happened with me and my fellow students there would have been consequences and God help us if our parents got to us first.  I know in my case me and my siblings would have been beaten to within an inch of death by both of my parents if we attacked our teachers.  

Of course their piece of shit leaders are looking at "therapeutic options" along with punishing parents for their monsters' crimes.  Yeah, right.  Parents are probably "Moorish" sovereign citizens who spout bullshit to keep themselves or their children from ever being held accountable. 

• Upvote 1