IGNORED

QAnon 2: Every New Conspiracy Theory Is Nuttier Than The Last

GreyhoundFan

Sigh. Zelenskyy has a law degree as well as beining an entertainer, loving father and husband and being a badass leader of the Ukrainian people.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Sigh. Zelenskyy has a law degree as well as beining an entertainer, loving father and husband and being a badass leader of the Ukrainian people.

So- he's the direct opposite of Trump.  Smart; highly educated; loving father and husband; excellent (and badass) leader who actually fights instead of claims "bone spurs"; and is entertaining!  I didn't even mention in shape, good looking, and has nice hair or the ability to string words together to form actual sentences which in turn form actual coherent thoughts!  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Jimmy Kimmel Brutally Mocks QAnon Claim That He’s Been Arrested

“You know there are a lot of crazy and bad and bad crazy people out there,” Jimmy Kimmel said on Monday after spending some of his monologue making fun of Donald Trump’s unhinged CPAC speech. “And it would seem that I am one of them. Maybe even two of them.”

The late-night host was talking about a supposed “Arrest and Execution List” that has emerged from the QAnon conspiracy world. “This is a list of all the celebrities and world leaders who have supposedly been arrested and/or executed,” Kimmel explained. “It’s a long list. There are a couple of hundred names on it, from Queen Elizabeth to Joe Biden to Meryl Streep. And it turns out, you can see here, my name is on there too.”

“Apparently, I’ve been arrested and am awaiting tribunal,” he continued, admitting that he doesn’t actually know what that means. “What a way to find that out, though!”

Kimmel revealed that he appears on the list right after Bernie Sanders “who’s in Guantanamo” and Boris Johnson “who has, they say, been executed” and ahead of “three time Oscar winner Jack Nicholson, who, sadly, has also been executed—but still manages to get into a lot of Lakers games.”

“Now, you might be wondering, how is it possible that Jimmy Kimmel has been arrested and is awaiting tribunal when I see him standing right in front of me talking about this?” The answer, Kimmel said, came from a woman on Facebook named Wendy who wrote, “Once arrests and executions of famous people are completed, these people have a double or clone. This was put in place to make people think they are still around.”

Kimmel called that a “hell of a plan,” adding, “They must have hatched this when I was born, because my clone and I are the same age.”

“I wish I had known I was a clone. I could be in Vegas right now enjoying myself,” the host concluded. “Anyway, I’m not sure who I am—or where I am. Maybe we’re all inmates in a clone prison right now, but I want to thank Wendy for tipping me off.”

I've set the video up to start with the QAnon bit. Just back the slider up to the beginning if you want to watch his whole monologue.

• Upvote 6

*Weird Al’s “I Think I’m A Clone Now” runs through head*

• Haha 10

Spoiler

image.png.d60b05a4c1564c3313e66556bba5d7b6.png

Going by the picture, it looks like Shane Vaughn will be doing his Professor Toto shtick at the gathering.

Spoiler

image.png.ffd39aa95ccf3ddbe81fe80c491b7ef2.png

• Thank You 5

Convoy picks up cars and anti-Ukraine talking points ahead of Washington arrival

The group’s demands are now vague and tied to what they call “accountability,” according to Sara Aniano, an extremism researcher who has spent the last month following the convoy in its Telegram chats.

“That could mean financial accountability. It could be physical accountability. It could be legal accountability. Their inability to distinguish what exactly that means is where the concern lies,” said Aniano, who recently published a report on QAnon’s growth after Jan. 6 for the International Centere for the Study of Radicalization, a London-based nonprofit group.

But as its Covid mission has become less clear, the group’s channels have turned to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, where conspiracy-minded thinking has flourished. While some group members have admonished Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion, QAnon and anti-vaccine contingents within the groups have seized on a false conspiracy theory that the war is a cover for a military operation backed by former President Donald Trump in Ukraine.

The conspiracy theory, which is baseless and has roots in QAnon mythology, alleges that Trump and Putin are secretly working together to stop bioweapons from being made by Dr. Anthony Fauci in Ukraine and that shelling in Ukraine has targeted the secret laboratories. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has emerged in the past year as a main target for far-right conspiracy theories.

Aniano said she is worried about the overt QAnon messaging in the group that has recently picked up steam.

The convoy has added some of the most extreme QAnon adherents: a group that had congregated in Dallas because they believed that John F. Kennedy Jr., who died in 1999, was still alive and would reveal himself on the site where his father, former President John F. Kennedy, was shot. That group joined the convoy as it drove through Texas.

At one nightly convoy stop, where rallygoers give stump speeches over a loudspeaker while they eat and refuel, some participants recited “Where We Go One We Go All,” the QAnon slogan.

Aniano said the vague, ominous messaging is worrying, pointing out a Friday morning Telegram post that read: “We can’t fail. We are not GOING to fail. We are gonna fix this.”

“In their fantasy, Trump comes back, and the military tribunals commence over Covid tests,” Aniano said. “But I don’t think they know what they want. They are just mad, and they want a reason to express that.”

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4

Who's the supersecret "Guest Speaker"?  

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Who's the supersecret "Guest Speaker"?  

He’s so supersecret that nobody knows!

Be the way, how are things going with those people in Texas waiting for JFK’s resurrection? Still waiting?

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He’s so supersecret that nobody knows!

Be the way, how are things going with those people in Texas waiting for JFK’s resurrection? Still waiting?

I think you just identified the guest speaker!!

• Haha 12

12 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Some of them are in Maryland right now:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 7

I was reading an opinion piece from the Washington Post about the convoy and came across someone we've discussed before:

As Monday dawned at the Hagerstown Speedway, QAnon follower Micki Larson-Olson addressed the convoy drivers from the organizers’ stage, according to videos shared on social media. Wearing a head-to-toe U.S. flag suit, she identified herself as a “Q Patriot” and suggested she was facing trial for her role in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

“I am now a proud General Flynn digital soldier,” she said, referring to Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s convicted (and pardoned) national security adviser. “I am also a proud Protzmanian.” For the uninitiated, that’s a QAnon sect that believes the late John F. Kennedy Jr. will return to reinstall Trump as president.

Larson-Olson said more, but the sound system cut out as she outlined a conspiracy theory about 9/11.

Protzman's an average-looking man surrounded by a bunch of women who give him the adoring fundie wife stare while he spouts his gibberish. I still think he'll end up impregnating at least one of his younger followers.  :my_sad:

Part of Larson-Olson's speech:

Larson-Olson drove her own car out there:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.81b03f777c4e4cfd98ed528f7a331efb.png

• Thank You 5

More thoughts from Larson-Olson:

• Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 2

On 3/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Hide contents

I hope she drives that vehicle in Virginia outside off the stupid convoy. Having that many stickers on the front windows and windshield is illegal. Heck, my condo parking sticker, which is only two inches by two inches, is in violation because we have to have it on the lower passenger side of the windshield.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I hope she drives that vehicle in Virginia outside off the stupid convoy. Having that many stickers on the front windows and windshield is illegal. Heck, my condo parking sticker, which is only two inches by two inches, is in violation because we have to have it on the lower passenger side of the windshield.

I don't understand how she hasn't gotten multiple tickets as those stickers definitely impede her view of the road and other drivers. The windshield is pretty obvious, but check out the driver's side window and imagine trying to look through that to make a right-hand turn. :shock:

Spoiler

image.png.96013f1433bad7a54ff7e3fb886eb145.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Analysis: Russia and QAnon have the same false conspiracy theory about Ukraine

New York (CNN Business)A new conspiracy theory has become popular among some of the online communities that formed around QAnon -- one simultaneously being promoted by the Kremlin as a justification for its invasion of Ukraine. The false claim: the United States is developing bioweapons in Ukraine and Vladimir Putin has stepped in to save the day and destroy the weapons.

QAnon's core prophecy has always been that there is a "plan" and that former President Donald Trump will rid the world of an evil cabal, culminating in the unmasking, imprisonment or even execution of cabal members. But that prophecy dates back to when Trump was actually president -- now that he's not, believers have been convincing themselves there is evidence that the plan is still very much in place, maybe even more so than ever before. In the Kremlin's disinformation, some have seen that hope.

There are US-funded biolabs in Ukraine, that much is true. But they are not building bioweapons. Actually, it's the opposite: Part of the reason for their creation was to secure old Soviet weapons left behind in the former Soviet republics. The State Department has described the claims as nonsense -- and the US and Ukrainian governments have repeatedly, and for years now, tried to bat down conspiracy theories about the labs and spoken about the work that is actually being done in them

Russia's falsehoods about labs like this have not been limited to Ukraine. Similar claims were made about a lab in Tbilisi, Georgia; those were proven false. Dr. Filippa Lentzos, co-director of the Centre for Science & Security Studies at King's College London, visited the lab along with other experts and debunked the Russian claims. She told CNN the Russians are spreading the same lies about labs in Ukraine.

• Thank You 4

On 3/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

*Whispers* But I really, really like her boots........

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

On 3/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I was reading an opinion piece from the Washington Post about the convoy and came across someone we've discussed before:

Protzman's an average-looking man surrounded by a bunch of women who give him the adoring fundie wife stare while he spouts his gibberish. I still think he'll end up impregnating at least one of his younger followers.  :my_sad:

Part of Larson-Olson's speech:

Hide contents

(from the first quote) How would JFK Jr. get Trump back in office? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

(from the first quote) How would JFK Jr. get Trump back in office? 

Larson-Olson's explanation:

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

The unrolled version of the thread is here.

Last tweet in the thread:

Spoiler

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I've written this before, and I'll say it again:  I will never, EVER understand how or why so many people have latched on to the clownish Donald Trump as their annointed savior - The Chosen One - God's Own - The Very Best President Ever.  Why Trump?  How the hell has Trump convinced nearly half of Americans of this?  If someone writes that book, I'll be first in line to buy it, because I think it terribly important to understand if we are to free ourselves from the current madness.  American democracy is at stake, I'm sure of it.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, Becky said:

I've written this before, and I'll say it again:  I will never, EVER understand how or why so many people have latched on to the clownish Donald Trump as their annointed savior - The Chosen One - God's Own - The Very Best President Ever.  Why Trump?  How the hell has Trump convinced nearly half of Americans of this?  If someone writes that book, I'll be first in line to buy it, because I think it terribly important to understand if we are to free ourselves from the current madness.  American democracy is at stake, I'm sure of it.  

We are a country in love with celebrity.  We pay top dollar to people in movies, on television, and in professional sports and everyone gobbles up magazine articles about all of them.  Along comes this famous television guy.  He's supposed to be rich so most people interpret that as meaning that he's smart enough to make money.  He's white.  He uses coarse language so they think he's one of them.  He says he hates Democrats.  That's all they needed.  And once we liberals started attacking him and calling him stupid, they dug in and decided he was their savior.  

If you notice, he does the old dictator trick of telling the crowds that we liberals aren't attacking him, we're attacking his fans.  He's just standing up for them.  He's turned it so that any negative press he gets is supposedly just an attack on Republicans in general and Trump fans in particular.  He's dangerous.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

You know the scene in Sixteen Candles where Farmer Ted tells Samantha “I’m king of the dipshits”? It’s that concept on a far bigger scale except Trump isn’t anywhere near Farmer Ted in any of his qualities nor are the Trumpers anywhere near Ted’s dipshits in their qualities. 

• Upvote 3

More from the people I posted about on Thursday:

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6

13 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

More from the people I posted about on Thursday:

I don’t think the phrase “hellafucking batshit nuts” could be overused for this guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4