IGNORED

Jimmy Hoffa: Former Jersey Landfill Latest Site for Remains Search

Cartmann99

Search for Jimmy Hoffa's body leads to Jersey City landfill

As the traffic roared above them on the Pulaski Skyway, a team of FBI forensic investigators from Detroit and Newark collected evidence on Oct. 25 and 26 from a plot of land in Jersey City and are now analyzing it, the FBI confirmed Friday.

“Last month, the FBI obtained a search warrant to conduct a site survey underneath the Pulaski Skyway," Special Agent Mara Schneider of the FBI's Detroit field office said. "That data is currently being analyzed. Because the affidavit in support of the search warrant was sealed by the court, we are unable to provide any additional information.”

Schneider also didn't explicitly name Hoffa in her statement. But NBC News has confirmed that the FBI is, in fact, looking for the body of the former Teamsters president who vanished in 1975 in Michigan and has long been rumored to be buried in New Jersey.

Several searches have been launched over the years for the remains of Hoffa, who was 62 when he disappeared, and all have ended in failure.

There's video at the link if you're interested.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Well, damn, I didn't see this coming.  Blast from the past!  I can't believe they are still looking for Hoffa, but certainly there at least a few guys still alive who know exactly where he is. 

• I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Any results from this?  Most probable? They won't find Jimmy, but will find four or five other missing guys. 

• Upvote 2

Any of you ever see the 1992 film Hoffa?  It caught my eye one day in 1996 in the bargain bin at ShopKo so I bought it and took it home. 

Nicholson's voice was a bit deeper than the real Hoffa's voice but, he pretty much was - excuse the pun - a dead ringer for Hoffa.  Just a bit of makeup and false teeth.  Brought Hoffa's son to tears when he left the makeup trailer because of how much he reminded him of his dad. 

• Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Any results from this?  Most probable? They won't find Jimmy, but will find four or five other missing guys. 

I'm not finding anything. Hopefully after the holidays they'll have an update for us. :angry-tappingfoot:

• 7 months later...

I'm not going to link the article, because of paywalls. The New York Times ran an article five days ago about how the search for Hoffa's body is still fruitless and on-going.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not going to link the article, because of paywalls. The New York Times ran an article five days ago about how the search for Hoffa's body is still fruitless and on-going.

Well darn. 

• Upvote 2