IGNORED

Impeachment Number Two

GreyhoundFan

5 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I caught Collins, Murkowski and Romney, what other 4 republicans voted guilty?

Here they are

Sens. Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Richard Burr of North Carolina and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

• Thank You 9

Well, we knew beforehand they would acquit. This is just who the GOP GQP is. 

What I find surprising is that there were 6 more dissenters this time around. Wanna bet they're all in battle states and are only doing this to shore up their chances of re-election?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I caught Collins, Murkowski and Romney, what other 4 republicans voted guilty?

Republican Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Susan Collins of Maine, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania all voted guilty.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Sasse, Burr, Cassidy and Toomey

edit: the new posts didn't show up for me.

I'm just watching McTurtle defending himself. AAAAH, he makes me so angry. He admitts Trump incited the insurrection.. whats your point dude, you just said he didn't on a vote?!

Edited by SeekingAdventure
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 3

Am busy yelling at McTurtle. Fucker busy saying that January 6 terribble blah blah blah...      If you agree it was all so awful, then why didnt you fucking impeach him you fucking fucker!,

”blah, blah, they were carrying his flag, blah blah” 

Edited by PreciousPantsofDoom
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

Not surprising in any way but still disappointing. God, I hope it bites those 43 cowards in the ass next election cycle.

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Well, we knew beforehand they would acquit. This is just who the GOP GQP is. 

What I find surprising is that there were 6 more dissenters this time around. Wanna bet they're all in battle states and are only doing this to shore up their chances of re-election?

Some might. Collins, for one. She may have learned her lesson. I heard somewhere that Burr may be thinking of not running again, so he felt safe voting guilty. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Murkowski and Sasse weren't that surprising though, they publicly said that they were quite open to it.

I'd say many of those who are quite old, could've said fuck it, do the right thing for once, but i guess.. we'll see if voting in favor of trump will be helping or actually hindering them. hopefully its the second..

• Upvote 7

What the actual fuck is the point of this speech? These all seem like great reasons to vote to convict which you didn't do, Mitch. So what the fuck is the point of this condemnation now? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Mitch sounds like he's working on another attempt at impeachment, based on dereliction of duty, since incitement didn't work.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Sasse, Burr, Cassidy and Toomey

edit: the new posts didn't show up for me.

I'm just watching McTurtle defending himself. AAAAH, he makes me so angry. He admitts Trump incited the insurrection.. whats your point dude, you just said he didn't on a vote?!

He is trying to have his cake and eat it too, I guess. 

He‘s going on and on rehashing the managers‘ arguments, but I predict he’ll then explain he voted not guilty on some technicality.

He is either extremely spineless or playing some sort of extremely long game.

• I Agree 16

I am so confused by his speech. He sounds like he's on the house managers team right now, and I really do not get why then he did not vote. Has he READ the constitution?!

• I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Mitch sounds like he's working on another attempt at impeachment, based on dereliction of duty, since incitement didn't work.

Now that would surprise me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Son of a bitch is using the "he was out of office" shit to say the whole thing was unconstitutional, but they'd voted it was.

• Upvote 11

I predict that a gloating Trump will formally announce his 2024 run sometime this coming week.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • I Agree 2

CNN Breaking news: McConnell blames Trump but voted not guilty anyways...

McConnell tries to have it both ways

If he wanted to remove him from office, he should've let them start earlier

• I Agree 11

Sounds like he hopes Trump will end up in jail.

But Trump or no Trump, I still think the precedent that a president can't be impeached after the date he leaves office opens up a can of worms for the future.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

If I ever discover how to travel in time, my first stop will be a visit to the founding fathers as the constitution is being written to close all these ridiculous loopholes the GOP use to justify being spineless fucking cowards. 

• Upvote 12

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

Sounds like he hopes Trump will end up in jail.

But Trump or no Trump, I still think the precedent that a president can't be impeached after the date he leaves office opens up a can of worms for the future.

It's created a precedent that is even worst than this though. It means no official can be impeached after the date they leave office. Now all anyone facing impeachment has to do is quit, and nobody can do a thing about it. 

And this lies directly at McConnell's door-- and nobody else's. He was the one that refused to start an impeachment trial while Trump was still in office. He is the worst kind of traitor there is. 

• Disgust 1
  • I Agree 14

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

It's created a precedent that is even worst than this though. It means no official can be impeached after the date they leave office. Now all anyone facing impeachment has to do is quit, and nobody can do a thing about it. 

Not sure why you said "though" - that's what I was saying. Not being accountable for anything done near the end of a term, whether the person quits or their term just ends, is the dangerous precedent.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

He is either extremely spineless or playing some sort of extremely long game.

Mitch is Machiavellian.  He lives by the political calculus with nothing left to chance and yes, he's a long game kinda guy. I consider McConnell and his wife, Elaine Chao, utterly corrupt. And how ex Sec of Transportation Chao, whose Chinese family owns an immense shipping company, has slipped under the radar is beyond me. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I predict that a gloating Trump will formally announce his 2024 run sometime this coming week.

Yep. I hope he makes the GOP lives a living hell. They have a monster on their hands who they can’t control and will try and have them killed.

WTF is wrong with the Democrats that they didn’t call witnesses?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Not sure why you said "though" - that's what I was saying. Not being accountable for anything done near the end of a term, whether the person quits or their term just ends, is the dangerous precedent.

Oh, it was just a figure of speech, nothing more. Sorry for the confusion.

Because you explicitly stated 'a president' I was just agreeing and elaborating that it's worse than only someone in that office. Essentially we're in complete agreement on this point.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic