IGNORED

Impeachment Number Two

GreyhoundFan

14 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Oh, how I wish the territories had votes in the Senate.

Hope you don't think I was being critical - I'm just a big baby about confrontation, even when I'm not involved.

People who dig in and can argue, watch others argue and learn how debate works, and even relish the experience, are very important in this world. That's where we get cool-headed politicians, who, working with the passionate emotional ones, can gain good things that society needs.

no, don't worry about it :)

I definitely understand what you meant. I do enjoy some argumentation here and there, but I had to turn of earlier today, when I was listening to the defense. Now that it is back and forth, it's a lot better to understand.

Now, the defense lawyer, he's still an idiot..

And Hawley, stfu. Does he want to remove Biden from office for.. having dogs? not being able to vaccinate all 300 million americans yet, after, whooping 3 weeks or something?

Great thing that the lawyer does not even respond to that?!

Edit: Raskin says it as it is :D

Edited by SeekingAdventure
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

While van der Veen is rambling and mumbling about „y‘all mean folks“, Raskin is making short work of the fascist-in-training‘s wannabe-gotcha question. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Van der Veen, of course you'd have a miserable time, you're not a very good lawyer.. and you are not answering questions..

and wtf was that question anyways. Was there ever a more pro isreal president? Does being pro-Isreal make someone immune to impeachment?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Just now, SeekingAdventure said:

Van der Veen, of course you'd have a miserable time, you're not a very good lawyer.. and you are not answering questions..

and wtf was that question anyways. Was there ever a more pro isreal president? Does being pro-Isreal make someone immune to impeachment?

I believe that to be the impeachment version of „I can’t be a racist, one of my neighbours is black.“

• Upvote 7

Yeah, as a Jew who has experienced plenty of bigotry, I get pretty pissed off about people conflating pro-Israel (and it's current government) with not being an antisemite.

They are two (or more) separate things, although of course I admit they are related.

Much of the pro-Israel support from the religious right includes end times crap about wanting us all to convert or die and go to Gary's beloved "lake of fahhhr."

van der Veen actually looked like he was pouting when he sat down.

ETA teeny screen shot of pouting lawyer after posts merged:

image.png.e8c6c1ccf0d448f333cea0de2369fb56.png

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 8

Not to say I condone his conduct, but reading about the defence’s answers I guess Lindsey’s advice didn’t amount to all that much...

Edited by fraurosena
Posts merged again. Grrr.
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

yep, he claims a reporter heard it from another reporter at a bar or some bullshit similar to that?!

I really do not want to call him stupid, but is there a point why he keeps asking them to read questions over and over again?! Short term memory?

edit: I know those were not his words, but he definitely said something about a bar and reporters and people knowing each other and hearsay of hearsay.. It was so weird, i don't remember it completely

Edited by SeekingAdventure
clarify
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Oh, how I wish the territories had votes in the Senate.

Preach my sister, then yell at your local senators about DOING SOMETHING for the territories and DC! it's been lip service for too damn long.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Where did he get his law degree again?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

Where did he get his law degree again?

Must be from the same mail-order catalogue that van der Veen got his ...

• I Agree 8

I think Trump's lawyers don't know as much as they should about . . . well, anything, but especially how an impeachment trial is different from a court trial.

I'm just learning, myself, but then, I'm a music teacher, not a lawyer.

• I Agree 12

Yeah, I feel like I could defend Trump better than they do

Problem is:

• A - I'm not a lawyer
  • B - I'm not in the US
  • C - I certainly don't want to :D

I thought Castor was bad, but van der Veen, I mean.. he says they didn't have any time to prepare and they didn't get to see the evidence.. Bro, did you spend the last 1,5 months underneath a rock, blindfolded, with earphones on?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

Someone posted the names/photos of the 16 that didn't bother to attend.

Yes, Hawley is on the list. 

I cannot get over the level of utter contempt here. If they also fail to show up for the voting does that count in any way? Like, as they did now show up their vote will not be counted and they are not included in the numbers required?

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

But I don't think Trump's clown - er, legal - team has an answer for Trump's not doing his duty after the violence started. The tweet against Pence, after he already knew Pence was in danger, is, I think, pretty powerful. The fact that he never sent police or troops after he knew it had started has to be addressed, and I can't imagine they have any facts to contest that.

To me that is utterly damning. To continue to tweet inflammatory instructions when he knew the mob had already started entering the Capitol is unbelievable. The actions are those of a King or mob boss keeping a hands off approach, not a President.

3 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I agree -- even if a truly unanticipated violent mob had shown up and Trump was truly surprised -- doesn't his oath to protect and defend the constitution compel him to speak up, demand they immediately stop the violence, immediately call in law enforcement as needed, condemn the violence, etc?

Seems like, everything else aside, the passive lack of action after the violence started, whether it was due to complicitness, or from fear, or from being a poor and passive leader, should qualify as an impeachable offense.

Dereliction of duty would be a good start.

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

One really stupid thing the Trump lawyers are doing, which the Managers did not do, is putting scary music in their videos.

:roll:

Every time I hear scary music I think either the theme from Jaws or the theme from Psycho. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I thought Castor was bad, but van der Veen, I mean.. he says they didn't have any time to prepare and they didn't get to see the evidence.. Bro, did you spend the last 1,5 months underneath a rock, blindfolded, with earphones on?

No matter if he had been under that rock with blindfold and earplugs, singing lalalalala or not, he knew that he wouldn’t have much time to prepare when he willingly chose to take on the job at such short notice. :pb_rollseyes:

• I Agree 10

5 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Every time I hear scary music I think either the theme from Jaws or the theme from Psycho. 

It was a little of each, starting with low-pitched ominous sounds, then some screechy stuff. Oddly, there was also a bit of adventure-movie/chase scene stuff. :wtf:

Now Cruz (?) is asking if this sets a precedent for locking up Hillary Clinton.

Jesus wept.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • WTF 9

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

sure, they are doing it to shame 74 million people.. couldn't be  that there's an actual reason, that they have talked about? for 2 days.. jeez

Conveniently ignoring that at least 3, possibly all of the fatalities from the insurrection were among those 74 million people.

• Upvote 6

Considering how often he keeps asking them to read the question again, he's also really bad at then answering said question. If he's not gonna respond to that, why does he want them to keep reading the question over and over?

Is this a matter of delaying the answers? Because even if you would be impartial (which, clearly, I am not) - they are not doing very well?!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic