IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 28

GreyhoundFan

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20210127_red2.JPG

One thing that was so nice about going to Italy in 2010 was that there was basically a two week break from US politics.   Didn't really follow the happenings at home that closely but back then internet access in Italy wasn't as ubiquitous.  A lot of hotels in Italy wanted a bit of cash for internet access so I was only connecting for an hour or so at a time every few days.  So it was so nice to not have to hear what Sarah Palin and the teabaggers were all up to.   

• Upvote 5

image.png.23b11a15273be16d842423422cff62b7.png

"Convict Hate"

During his inauguration speech, President Joe Biden said, “White supremacists say ‘what.'” Then, Kentucky senator Rand Paul said, “What?”.

A lot of people say “what” whenever Rand Paul speaks, like last Sunday when he went on George Stephanopoulos’ show and tried to make the case that the opinions of stupid Republicans should override hard facts when it comes to their election fraud lie. “Election integrity” keeps being repeated by people who have no integrity.

During his speech, Biden described how there were “lies told for power and for profit,” and that everyone had a duty “to defend the truth and defeat the lies.” He said, “We must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured.” Do you know who doesn’t like that kind of talk? Liars. Enter Rand Paul.

Rand Paul went on Fox News and expressed his faux outrage over the speech saying, “Much of it is thinly veiled innuendo calling us white supremacists, calling us racists, calling us every name in the book, calling us people who don’t tell the truth.” I’m starting to get why people physically attack Rand Paul and beat his ass until the homeowner’s association arrives to pull them off him.

It’s like, “Excuse me, Senator Paul, but you’re standing on my foot.” And Rand Paul, instead of getting off your foot, screams, “Did you just call me a Nazi?”

Well, we weren’t.

A lot of this criticism toward Biden is because there’s nothing to criticize yet. Nothing real anyway. Have you seen the memes going around complaining that Jill Biden had the gall to wear teal at the 2021 inauguration AFTER Melania Trump wore the same color to the 2017 inauguration? Girl, you know that Melania and Republicans own teal now.

There have even been Republicans complaining about the Bidens bringing dogs into the White House and that they must hate cats…ignoring that the only pet Donald Trump had in the White House was Lindsey Graham and that the Bidens are also bringing in a cat. Now, if Biden forces us to watch the movie, “Cats,” then you have something to complain about.

You know what? Joe Biden has been president for nearly a week and he’s yet to unite the country despite his attempt to bridge the divide between dog people and cat people. We should throw him out now and reinstall Donald Trump, which a lot of Qanon cultists believe will happen in March.

And according to Rand Paul and many other Republicans, Joe Biden can’t unite the country if the Senate convicts Donald Trump in the impeachment trial and bans him from future office. Senator Marco Rubio, who has never been lauded for being an intelligent person, said the Senate trial is “stupid” and argued, “We already have a flaming fire in this country, and it’s like taking a bunch of gasoline and pouring it on top of the fire.” Marco admitted that Donald Trump is responsible for the MAGA terrorist attack on the Capitol but that we should just let Trump go. Does that make any sense? Keep in mind, Marco is from Florida.

Republicans are arguing we can’t unite the country if we convict Donald Trump and ban him from ever running for president ever again. They’re afraid we might offend racists.

The people who attacked the Capitol were instigated by Donald Trump. He spent nearly $3 million to rally terrorists and tell them to march to the Capitol. And do you know who says Donald Trump sent terrorists to attack the Capitol and stop a Constitutionally-mandated duty, disenfranchise millions of Americans, and stage a bloody coup attempt? The terrorists say that. Well, their lawyers are making that argument.

Every terrorist that has been arrested since the attack has made the defense that Donald Trump told them to do it. It’s the “my client’s guilty but he’s stupid” defense. It’s not a good defense for them and it’s not good for Donald Trump, who has a lot of experience with being stupid and guilty. Do you know who those terrorists are? They’re white nationalists.

If you’re still celebrating January 6 as some sort of MAGA holiday, you share it with racists. They’re making it a special day too, and they should own it. The mob that attacked the Capitol had a huge racist component to it. Mixed in with the mob were Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, the Groyper Army (not to be confuse with Trump’s Groper Army), Boogaloo Bois, Last Sons of Liberty, and DC Under Siege. Also in the mob were former members of defunct racist groups, like Anticom, the Rise Above movement, and fuckers carrying Confederate flags, and at least one asshole in a “Camp Auschwitz” T-shirt. I could be mistaken. Maybe it was a sweater.

You see that list of hate groups and it’ll be easier to sum it up by simply saying, “Nazis.” There were Nazis attacking the Capitol. Republicans are arguing that we can’t offend Nazis because if we do, then we can’t unite with Nazis.

Fuck Nazis. I don’t care if I offend them because I don’t want to unite with them. Unite with Nazis? No thank you. I don’t need their votes. I don’t need their support for any initiative or policy I want advanced. I don’t need their understanding and I don’t need to try to reason with Nazis. I don’t need them to read my cartoons. I don’t need them to buy my books or apparel. I don’t need them to click “like” on my Facebook posts. I don’t want to sing Kumbaya with Nazis.

So, convict Donald Trump. He instigated an act of terrorism from hate groups. He tried to overthrow the government. He tried to overturn an election. He obstructed Congress while it was doing an act mandated by the United States Constitution. Donald Trump is a criminal and a national security threat. Donald Trump attempted to become a fascist dictator of the United States. Convict him, ban him from running for office ever again, and then try him on sedition in federal courts. Then, throw his orange ass in prison. If that pisses off Nazis, then fuck Nazis.

And while we’re at it, fuck the Proud Boys, fuck the Oath Keepers, fuck the Groyper Army, fuck the Boogaloo Bois, fuck the Last Sons of Liberty, fuck DC Under Siege, fuck Republicans who are afraid of offending Nazis, fuck the KKK, fuck those fuckers who attacked the Capitol, fuck the guy carrying the Confederate flag through the Capitol, fuck that fucker in the Camp Auschwitz T-shirt, fuck white nationalists, fuck terrorists, and fuck Donald Trump. And if you’re afraid of offending Nazis and want to unite with them, then fuck you too.

And now, I’m all out of fucks to give.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

Yeah that seems to be the default response of Republicans to anything Democrats do....

GOPresponse.thumb.png.deaaa175a2045dace2c00c913cd1e4b5.png

• Upvote 8

image.png.17201654588d1b39fb37de867c7cf644.png

"Fire The Trump Culture"

President Joe Biden has fired several Trump appointees who refused to resign. In firing these goons, he’s cleaning the administration and the government from the disaster of the Trump era. While he’s reversing many hateful and stupid Trump policies with executive orders, he also needs to reverse the entire culture of lies, bullshit, and conspiracy theories that Donald Trump nurtured for four years. You start by getting rid of the people Donald Trump installed. They are poison.

An environment of lies surrounded Donald Trump. After he’d say a lie, his entire administration and those who followed him would repeat the lie. Trump lies became gospel. Any disagreement with Trump was the ultimate sin, and sinners would be branded. Previous Never Trumpers who became Trumpers would cast the biggest stones at the Never Trumpers.

In Arizona, the state Republican Party has censured former Senator Jeff Flake, current Governor Doug Ducey, and Cindy McCain, widow of John McCain, for disagreeing with Trump. Jeff Flake endorsed Joe Biden. The governor certified the election for Joe Biden and did all he could to contain the coronavirus. Cindy McCain also endorsed Joe Biden. Cindy McCain is a private citizen who has never held elected office. Keep that in mind the next time you hear a Republican talk about “cancel culture” or having their opinions “censored” by Twitter. Cindy McCain, a private citizen, was censured by the Republican Party for her viewpoint.

The GOP is hoping to retain the 74 million Americans who voted for Trump, which is keeping millions of Americans who are racists and conspiracy theorists. Do they continue to nurture the lies for the next four years, or do they ditch Trump and become a political party again instead of a cult? Do they keep the millions who supported installing a fascist dictator over a democratically-elected president? Do they keep the millions who would rather be ruled by a Hair GropenFuhrer?

While embracing cultists, the Republican Party is punishing conservatives for being conservatives. It’s like the Republican Party doesn’t want Republicans anymore. Only cultists need apply.

As there is a home for cultists in the GOP, there shouldn’t be a home for them in the government. Joe Biden needs to terminate every Trump remaining in employment in the government. It’s bad enough we have elected officials who supported an insurrection. It’s even worse we have judges nominated by a Russian tool who was impeached twice. Personally, I think President Joe Biden should ask every federal judge nominated by Donald Trump for his/her resignations. He wouldn’t get it but it’d make every judge defend him or herself.

You can call it “cancel culture” all you want, but cancel the cultists. Get them out. They’re poison. They’re seditious. They’re liars.

• I Agree 10

image.png.f284a74f987e534fe35a64130beac8d1.png

"False Flag Operation"

The Oregon Republican Party isn’t just saying “so what” about Donald Trump’s little violent insurrection party at the U.S. Capitol three weeks ago. The state GOP has officially latched onto a conspiracy theory that it was a “false flag operation.”

The party issued a resolution stating, “The violence at the Capitol was a ‘false flag’ operation designed to discredit President Trump, his supporters, and all conservative Republicans; this provided the sham motivation to impeach President Trump in order to advance the Democratic goal of seizing total power.” They’re basing this on a conspiracy website and The Epoch Times, a pro-Trump publication that’s just a prettier Daily Stormer.

Since the insurrection, over 100 of the terrorists have been arrested and they’ve all been documented as strong Trump supporters. So, if you accept the Oregon GOP’s “logic” (those are air quotes), then Trump supporters wanted to make Trump and his supporters look bad. To be fair, Trump supporters often make themselves look bad.

And the fucknuts aren’t just limited to Oregon. State party leaders across the nation are going after fellow Republicans who aren’t Trumpy enough. While the Trump cult cries about censorship and “cancel culture,” they’re eating their own for the sin of free thinking.

In Arizona, the party censured Governor Doug Ducey for defying Trump and taking the coronavirus seriously, and for not stealing the state’s electoral college votes for Dear Leader. They also censured former senator Jeff Flake and John McCain’s widow, Cindy McCain, for endorsing Joe Biden. The censure is a powerful thing but still, how dare they not goosestep along with the beat?

The chairman of the South Carolina Republican Party issued a statement condemning Congressman Tim Rice for voting to impeach Donald Trump.

The Oregon GOP resolution also condemns the ten Republicans who voted to impeach Trump stating, “The ten Republican House members, by voting to impeach Trump, repeated history by conspiring to surrender our nation to Leftist forces seeking to establish dictatorship void of all cherished freedoms and liberties.”

Certifying the winner of a presidential election, as the Constitution demands, is establishing a dictatorship? Now I know why the Oregon GOP is not taken seriously in Oregon…except you know, when they hold the door open for terrorists.

Before MAGA terrorists attacked the U.S. Capitol, they attacked the Oregon state house. One of the Republicans voting for their “false flag” resolution is chief of staff for a state representative caught on camera holding a door open for the mob.

In Hawaii, the vice chair of communications of the state Republican Party had to resign after tweeting support for Qanon, the conspiracy theory troglodytes that enable terrorists. He actually sent multiple tweets, with one saying, “We should make it abundantly clear — the people who subscribed to the Q fiction, were largely motivated by a sincere and deep love for America. Patriotism and love of County should never be ridiculed.” He also tweeted that Qanon followers are “patriots.”

Personally, I think people who believe in deep state lizard people who are Satanic-worshipping pedophiles should always be ridiculed. New Congresswoman, Marjorie Taylor Green, a follower of Qanon who liked Facebook posts about killing Nancy Pelosi, should require constant ridiculing. Ridiculing ridiculous people helps make them less dangerous. She liked those posts about executing Democrats. She didn’t give them the frowny-face emoji.

Social media accounts connected to Qanon helped coordinate the terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol which resulted in the deaths of five people, including a Capitol Police officer. Qanon has been labeled a terrorist threat by the FBI. Republicans supporting Qanon may as well be tweeting support to al-Qaida and ISIS. We have supporters of terrorists in the United States Congress.

Back at the U.S. Capitol building, in the very same chamber they had to flee because MAGA terrorists were invading, 45 Republican senators voted yesterday that impeaching Donald Trump was unconstitutional. Forget they were standing where it happened. Forget they saw it happen. Forget that the mob was out to kill them. When it comes to choosing America or their cult leader, the Republican Party chooses the cult.

Only five Republican senators voted that the impeachment was constitutional. Do you know what’s unconstitutional? Overturning an election because you don’t like the outcome. It’s unconstitutional to give the presidency to the guy who came in second in electoral votes. It’s unconstitutional to hand the presidency to a fascist dictator. It’s unconstitutional to attempt a bloody coup.

Mitch McConnell, MINORITY Leader (that looks nice in print), voted against the trial…stating it’s unconstitutional to try a former president AFTER he delayed the trial until Donald Trump…wait for it…became a former president (sic). This is the same kind of fucking logic McTortoise Face used in stealing two Supreme Court seats.

Senator Lindsey Graham gave a speech in that same chamber the night of the insurrection saying he couldn’t support Trump anymore. He said, “All I can say is count me out. Enough is enough… We’ve got to end it.” A week later, he was flying on Air Force One again. Graham voted that the Senate trial was unconstitutional. Even Riff Raff bailed on Frank-N-Furter eventually.

Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley also voted that the trial would be unconstitutional…after supporting an unconstitutional coup attempt. We’re allowing the terrorists to vote on whether a terrorist should be convicted or not.

Marco Rubio voted the same way and along with former Trump U.N. Ambassador, Nikki Haley, cried that the trial would be divisive. You know what’s divisive? Coup attempts, terrorists attacks, overturning elections, MAGA mobs of fucknuts, etc. Nikki cried that we need to “give the man a break,” casting Trump as a victim in all this. She whined that people have been going after him since before he was elected. She forgets, she was one of them before she became a Trumper. In fact, it was in her state, and at a rally she coordinated, where Marco Rubio made fun of Trump’s little penis. She laughed along. She didn’t say, “Give the man a break” when Marco was talking about Donald’s dinky dick.

There’s been talk about a huge divide in the Republican Party over choosing America or Donald Trump. There’s been speculation that the party wants to move on and distance itself from Mango Mussolino, Hair Gropenfuhrer, the Orange-Flavored Shitgibbon, Mr. I’d-Date-My-Daughter-If-She-Wasn’t-My-Daughter-MMM-MMM-MMM. But it appears that while thousands of Republicans have become former Republicans since Cheeto’s terror attack, elected Republicans and party officials are sticking with Donald Trump. They’re choosing cult over policy and an orange racist personality over country.

But people are leaving the GOP in higher numbers than usual after an election. In North Carolina, 6,000 Republicans have bailed on the party. In Arizona, 7,5000 left. Thousands have also left in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Colorado. Polls show that a majority of Republicans want to move on from Trump…but it’s the terrorists the party is listening to.

Naturally, everything Republicans claim they support is something they’ll easily discard for Trump, like patriotism, family values, and washing their hands. Now, the same gang who got upset over kneeling during the national anthem, who want a Constitutional amendment protecting the American flag, are ditching the American flag for the MAGA flag.

In refusing to punish a president (sic) who instigated a terrorist attack against our nation, who tried to overturn an election, who tried to steal power for himself, the Republican Party has put cult of personality over the nation. The GOP has abandoned all principle and integrity. Donald Trump doesn’t need to create a new party because he already has. The Republican Party isn’t even conservative anymore. It’s just a cult. Instead of punishing terrorists, they’re now holding the door open for them.

The Republican Party is raising the MAGA flag and seeing who salutes.

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic