IGNORED

Jocelyn shutting down blog

dairyfreelife

She is getting too much criticism.

aponderingheart.com/blog/?p=5323

Edited to break link-not that I really care if she finds FJ.

Good grief. Why do they have to be such melodramatic primadonnas when they flounce? I would've written that shit when I was twelve, not twenty.

If you read her blog, she is the most speshul of the speshul snowflakes. Jews, Christians and everyone are doing it wrong, while she at 20 has a direct line to God.

"Why can't we all just agree to agree that you are wrong and I am right?"

Jocelyn may be shutting her blog down, but her mum is still bringing the crazy, with gems such as these (see attached picture below).

She also describes how they've been living in a tent for Sukkot. Jews of FJ, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you guys say in the other thread that it can't be a tent? jacquedixon.com/?p=8711

Did her feelers get hurt because someone pointed out that her not-a-Venn-diagram was just that? Sheesh.

I bet she won't flounce for good - all the comments were about how much her commenters love her. They may be able to win her over.

Jocelyn may be shutting her blog down, but her mum is still bringing the crazy, with gems such as these (see attached picture below).

She also describes how they've been living in a tent for Sukkot. Jews of FJ, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you guys say in the other thread that it can't be a tent? jacquedixon.com/?p=8711

I know it looks like there is a tarp over the roof in one of the pictures, which is a big no-no if they leave that there.

I know it looks like there is a tarp over the roof in one of the pictures, which is a big no-no if they leave that there.

Looks like a tarp to me. I'm not Jewish, but I thought you had to be able to see the stars? That's what the guy at Chabad told me years ago when I asked about it.

Her comment in the comments section says she's not shutting down, but she is thinking of limiting access to posts about daily life. Which... whatever. I don't even read her blog. I just like to see the flounce posts.

Looks like she did decide the blog, but protect her posts.

Background: I met her sister online a few years ago when I was fundie. Back then, they were homeschooling Christians who had some typical fundie beliefs-lots of children, skirts for the females, staying away from Halloween, etc. They started to question the pagan origins of Christmas and Easter and did not have a Christmas tree because of this. I stepped out of my faith and lost track of them for awhile. I had their blogs on e-mail for updates.

I started noticing serious changes about two years ago or so. They believed KJV was the only Bible that should be read and started to shun some random other things, then started to observe some Jewish holidays. Next, they dropped KJV and went with some other Messianic Bible. They switched up their curriculum for homeschool and everything. Next thing I knew, Amanda's blog was shut down and they were moving to Costa Rica. :shock: I found Amanda on a new blog right after I realized she was not moving with them to Costa Rica. I knew they had talked about moving out of Indiana, but to another country? They wanted to go to Israel, but the immigration process was too difficult or something like that. I actually felt really concerned for Jocelyn and her siblings because it seemed like a quick and crazy move, especially when her mother posted things like "America is Babylon" and something about the end of the world.

Amanda seems very happy and I hope she is. I don't know what happened between her and her parents, but it seems they have, in some ways, shunned her. She does not seem to be following her parents footsteps or beliefs and I truly applaud her for that. Jocelyn, however, has clearly towed whatever line they decide to pull at the moment. I worry for her and her siblings. I really do.

Didn't Amanda stop being fundie (although I think she's still Christian)? I check her blog once in a while and she has picture of herself wearing pants, low necked shirts and tank tops.

Jocelyn's blog has been one of my gateways, but it's becoming dull and increasingly nonsensical. And she seems rather thin-skinned, no matter how much she claims the contrary. She doesn't even get snarked on that much here.

Looks like a tarp to me. I'm not Jewish, but I thought you had to be able to see the stars? That's what the guy at Chabad told me years ago when I asked about it.

What I read was there had to be enough space for the rain to leak through and there is preference for being able to see the stars. You can put a tarp over to protect your things but you had to take it off before you go in.

so since she is restricting access to specific posts how do we get access to that newest one "say jocelyn" or some such?

being that shes seemingly terrified of ebil people

Looks like she did decide the blog, but protect her posts.

Background: I met her sister online a few years ago when I was fundie. Back then, they were homeschooling Christians who had some typical fundie beliefs-lots of children, skirts for the females, staying away from Halloween, etc. They started to question the pagan origins of Christmas and Easter and did not have a Christmas tree because of this. I stepped out of my faith and lost track of them for awhile. I had their blogs on e-mail for updates.

I started noticing serious changes about two years ago or so. They believed KJV was the only Bible that should be read and started to shun some random other things, then started to observe some Jewish holidays. Next, they dropped KJV and went with some other Messianic Bible. They switched up their curriculum for homeschool and everything. Next thing I knew, Amanda's blog was shut down and they were moving to Costa Rica. :shock: I found Amanda on a new blog right after I realized she was not moving with them to Costa Rica. I knew they had talked about moving out of Indiana, but to another country? They wanted to go to Israel, but the immigration process was too difficult or something like that. I actually felt really concerned for Jocelyn and her siblings because it seemed like a quick and crazy move, especially when her mother posted things like "America is Babylon" and something about the end of the world.

Amanda seems very happy and I hope she is. I don't know what happened between her and her parents, but it seems they have, in some ways, shunned her. She does not seem to be following her parents footsteps or beliefs and I truly applaud her for that. Jocelyn, however, has clearly towed whatever line they decide to pull at the moment. I worry for her and her siblings. I really do.

I really hope Amanda doesn't hate me forever for posting this because I think she is an awesome person...

Amanda started questioning her family's beliefs and her parents told her she was being rebellious. When they announced the family was moving to Costa Rica because they believed America would be destroyed by God, that is when she had enough and a rift was created in the family. She went to live with a family member (although her parents claim she "ran away" even though she was an adult by this time - but those fundy types think their children are under their control until they are married). They moved to Costa Rice without her and cut off all forms of contact with Amanda and the family member - for a time.

The family (aka Jacque and Jocelyn) made fake accounts on facebook and stalked Amanda on there. At the time, I was friends with all 3 of them on facebook and had been a good internet friend to their family for years and even sought advice from them. But then Jacque and Jocelyn without explanation deleted me from their facebook friends and stopped contact with me. I highly suspect it was because I was still in contact with Amanda (and still am). It seems I got lucky though, because I know for a fact other friends of Amanda were virtually stalked by Jacque and Jocelyn trying to get information about Amanda and telling them they were contributing to Amanda's "rebelliousness".

In addition, the Dixon family now hold the idea that the only reason Amanda decided to stay in the U.S. was because of a boy (Amanda's now-husband) and that she was following her "fleshly desires", which has led her to this "rebellion".

So that is what happened between them.

BTW - Jocelyn will never stop publicly posting. She LOVES attention. And her blog has been around for years and has gotten tons of flack and that hasn't stopped her yet. And did you guys see in the comments she used the word "betwixt ". WTF?

Guest Anonymous

Just as a side note, I've been vacationing in Costa Rica for the past few years and you can't turn around with out bumping into a fundy or a missionary.

I dont think she will. if the posts above me are correct, seems like the mother may run the show- despite how much she talks about obeying her husband,.

I really hope Amanda doesn't hate me forever for posting this because I think she is an awesome person...

Amanda started questioning her family's beliefs and her parents told her she was being rebellious. When they announced the family was moving to Costa Rica because they believed America would be destroyed by God, that is when she had enough and a rift was created in the family. She went to live with a family member (although her parents claim she "ran away" even though she was an adult by this time - but those fundy types think their children are under their control until they are married). They moved to Costa Rice without her and cut off all forms of contact with Amanda and the family member - for a time.

The family (aka Jacque and Jocelyn) made fake accounts on facebook and stalked Amanda on there. At the time, I was friends with all 3 of them on facebook and had been a good internet friend to their family for years and even sought advice from them. But then Jacque and Jocelyn without explanation deleted me from their facebook friends and stopped contact with me. I highly suspect it was because I was still in contact with Amanda (and still am). It seems I got lucky though, because I know for a fact other friends of Amanda were virtually stalked by Jacque and Jocelyn trying to get information about Amanda and telling them they were contributing to Amanda's "rebelliousness".

In addition, the Dixon family now hold the idea that the only reason Amanda decided to stay in the U.S. was because of a boy (Amanda's now-husband) and that she was following her "fleshly desires", which has led her to this "rebellion".

So that is what happened between them.

BTW - Jocelyn will never stop publicly posting. She LOVES attention. And her blog has been around for years and has gotten tons of flack and that hasn't stopped her yet. And did you guys see in the comments she used the word "betwixt ". WTF?

I hope that Amanda doesn't hate you, either, because that was really interesting and it confirms all the respect I was feeling for Amanda (as a person who stood up to her ridiculous fundie family and kept seeking what she wanted and was best for her despite the obvious pain of being rejected by the people who should always support her). I'm glad she seems so happy in her marriage and got away from her trainwreck of a family while she still could (i.e. before they moved to Costa Rica and started following calendars in books only accepted as Biblical by people on the Horn of Africa).

I also am close friends with Amanda and everything stated about Jacque is true nuttier than fruitcake that one is. I was also stalked and harassed on facebook by Jacque for "contributing to her rebellion" and wanted me to convince her to go to Costa Rica to be with them (not gonna happen Jacque sorry). I honestly believe that there are some components of mental illness at work here because no sane mentally healthy person uproots their entire family and leaves the country. Her big religious changes and fear of persecution have been taken to the extreme and now I honestly fear for the kids. Although they were isolated as home schoolers in rural IN they are even more isolated now in a completely different country and with how extreme things kept getting I am afraid to think what will happen next. They can't keep living off love offerings forever.

Guest Anonymous

Is Amanda the girl who went to live with her granddmother when the rest of the family fled to Costa Rica? I think the grandmother (Jaque's mother?) has a blog about it?

Psycho Jacque harassed Amanda nonstop with hateful emails and phone calls and then attacked me and other people close to her. They also left rude voicemails on her Grandma Judy's phone which she blogged about. The way Jacque continues to slam them on her blog and drag them through the mud makes me want to puke. Like they got what they wanted and left to Costa Rica, but they have to try and control her life and make it miserable all the way in Latin America. It's like Jacque no longer has control or a grip on her and it's killing her inside to know that. Jacque would blog about being the perfect mother type when in reality would sit on her ass all day blogging and on the computer and the schooling would be left up to the children or schooling as in put them in the kitchen all day cooking and not a lot of education happened. Amanda thankfully is very bright and a math whiz and taught herself almost everything from books and college math websites. She is happy and her and her husband are in love and living life like young adults should. Jocelyn's "engagement" is basically a ploy set up by Jacue to outdo Amanda which the engagement will never turn into marriage because why would Jacque give up her best friend and free nanny. If you look at pictures on their blog from when they lived in IN to how they now in Costa Rica they are so thin, their teeth are yellow, and their clothes look so big like they will barely fit them. Myself and others are truly worried with how sick and skinny they look and since they don't work they are basically forging for food and living off donations which they can't do forever. I honestly believe Jacque has some form of paranoia schizophrenia with her "visions" and beliefs that God is speaking to her through end time books and articles which I know you can't self diagnose over the internet but a big part of her screams mentally il. I hope this puts some things into perspective of how crazy Jacque dixon truly is.

Archived