IGNORED

President Rejected Trump 50: Patient Zero of the White House Covid Cluster

GreyhoundFan

Aw, Leslie Stahl didn't kiss his ample backside, so he pouted away.

• Upvote 7

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but now I'm reading Biden's lead in several must win states is narrowing.

I feel like i time-traveled back to 2016 as I recall the polls narrowing just before that election too.

Anybody out there with words of encouragement?

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but now I'm reading Biden's lead in several must win states is narrowing.

I feel like i time-traveled back to 2016 as I recall the polls narrowing just before that election too.

I still think there was something hinky with the vote counting or with the software in the electronic voting system.  I felt that the "poll narrowing" that was discussed in the media was a cover for whatever they were up to at the time.  Since the exit polls wildly went for Clinton, there was just something "off" about the whole thing.  Taking off my conspiracy hat now....

I think most of this is just ass-covering in case Trump cheats his way in again.  If you look at the high voting turnout already and the percentage of those voting who are Democrats, it still looks like this is Biden's year.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I have none because I think it is easy to underestimate how there are still large amounts of people who like him or will just mindlessly vote republican. He still has a strong chance of winning. It is terrifying.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

I’m going to say this one more time.

Polls are utterly meaningless. They can be, and are, manipulated to say anything you want. And even if they happen to be done with the best intentions and without any willful manipulation, the sample groups (mostly less than 1000) are simply much too small to reflect what hundreds of millions of people will do.

So, do not ever focus on what polls say.

They’re a political tool. Not a predictive one.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Something went really wrong for Trump in that 60 minutes interview. He's on the attack, and that means he feels vulnerable. 

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Something went really wrong for Trump in that 60 minutes interview. He's on the attack, and that means he feels vulnerable. 

Can't stop snickering 

• Haha 14

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

From what I've read, his staff isn't sure why he's so upset.  There didn't seem to be any surprise questions.  They only noted that he said he didn't like her "tone".

He hates being questioned by women unless they're young and ask fawning questions.  He particularly hates older women.  I honestly think his misogyny is more overt than his racism.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She'll probably become a member of in-house counsel for daddy's business. He likes to hire unqualified and off-putting family members.

Especially if he can pay them as consultants and write off the money on his taxes!

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I have none because I think it is easy to underestimate how there are still large amounts of people who like him or will just mindlessly vote republican. He still has a strong chance of winning. It is terrifying.

It is terrifying. I am terrified. 

I can't bear to go on Facebook right now - there are people who I know are not normally stupid or gullible posting all kinds of pro-Trump crap, and apparently believing it. Stuff like Biden supporting abortion "up to and including the final day of the 9th month of pregnancy" and other crazy things like that. Things that you'd expect any person with more than two brain cells to be able to realize simply make no sense and cannot happen. At this point I think people would believe it if the Trump campaign started saying Biden supported extraterrestrials taking over the government. 

Oh, wait. The Q people are already there, aren't they?

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I can't bear to go on Facebook right now - there are people who I know are not normally stupid or gullible posting all kinds of pro-Trump crap, and apparently believing it. Stuff like Biden supporting abortion "up to and including the final day of the 9th month of pregnancy" and other crazy things like that. Things that you'd expect any person with more than two brain cells to be able to realize simply make no sense and cannot happen. At this point I think people would believe it if the Trump campaign started saying Biden supported extraterrestrials taking over the government.

Facebook is just the worst right now.

And yes people who are usually not gullible are buying into all sorts of stuff. These are everyday people who will absolutely go vote. A perfect example of this is Alyssa Bates Webster's church. I've been reviewing their pastor's political sermons. This is not some church were women wear frumpers and don't work, they have women who are public school teachers in the congregation. And yet, the pastor is frantically telling them they must vote conservative because if they don't babies will be killed after they are born and old people will be denied medical care and allowed to die. And these people take it all to heart. They really are terrified and think that voting democrat means voting to murder babies that are  a couple weeks old and allowing the elderly to be killed off. And there is no reasoning with them since this is not based on any sort of reasonable thinking. 

I'm am so scared right now because I am not sure Biden is going to win this. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Polls are utterly meaningless. They can be, and are, manipulated to say anything you want. And even if they happen to be done with the best intentions and without any willful manipulation, the sample groups (mostly less than 1000) are simply much too small to reflect what hundreds of millions of people will do.

I promised myself I wouldn't look at the polls this time around.  I should have kept my promise!

• Upvote 8

We certainly don't want him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

She triggered him real bad. So he's tweeting what he believes to be an unflattering pic. How sad. Because to me her expression says: "What the actual fuck did you just say?"

• Upvote 12

This does not make sense on so many levels.

• WTF 9

"Why Trump’s endgame is to rage at Lesley Stahl"

Now that President Trump has gone on the attack against CBS’s Lesley Stahl, some observers appear puzzled: Why would Trump squander his final chance to close his big polling gap with Joe Biden on unhinged public fights rather than on winning back voters who’ve been alienated by exactly these sorts of meltdowns?

The fact that this comes after Trump waged a public assault on Anthony S. Fauci, his own leading infectious-disease expert, only seems to compound the folly here, since voters are surely looking to the popular Fauci for advice with the coronavirus again spiking around the country.

But in a very real sense people such as Stahl and Fauci actually are the chief opponents Trump must contend with in the campaign’s final days. They are the figures he perceives to be standing in the way of his effort to conduct this campaign in an entirely invented universe that he’d hoped to manufacture for this very purpose.

Trump unloaded on Stahl at a rally on Tuesday night, showing that he’s still stewing about an interview he did with “60 Minutes,” which is set to air on Sunday but apparently went very badly.

“You have to watch what we do to ‘60 Minutes,’” Trump seethed. “You'll get such a kick out of it. You're gonna get a kick out of it. Lesley Stahl is not gonna be happy."

This appears to be a reference to Trump’s threat to release the full footage of the interview before edited parts air. It’s not clear what that would prove, but Trumpworld is all in: White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows just told Fox News that it would show Stahl “came across more like an opinion journalist than a real reporter.”

Yet The Post reports that what really angered Trump was Stahl’s aggressive questioning about his attacks on Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and his disputes with Fauci, as one person with knowledge of the interview noted. And there’s this:

Stahl also told him during the interview that allegations about [Joe] Biden’s son Hunter were not verified and that the Obama administration did not spy on the Trump campaign. Many of the questions were about the coronavirus pandemic and his handling of it, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the interview frankly.

Trump was so upset about the interview that “he complained about it all day,” reports The Post, and his aides believe his public anger “might actually boost the ratings of a tough interview.”

Why might this have enraged Trump? Because Trump has gone to tremendous lengths to manufacture precisely the illusions that Stahl apparently sought to puncture, yet these efforts are failing.

Nothing is going according to plan

Right now, Trump is loudly calling on Attorney General William P. Barr to launch some sort of investigation into the new Hunter Biden pseudo-revelations about emails supposedly discovered on his laptop. This whole scandal is based on largely unverified accusations and false premises.

But the point for our purposes here is that Trump is angrily demanding that top officials in his government announce actions that make this “scandal” seem real. Stahl pointed out that the story is unverified, which is 100 percent correct, but this isn’t what was supposed to happen.

You see, this story was supposed to be “verified” by now, or seem verified. Yet there are no indications that Barr will deliver, and most news organizations are treating it with great skepticism.

Similarly, Trump had expected that Barr would produce major revelations in his “review” of the origins of the Russia investigation, which would make the bogus “Obamagate” scandal seem true, thus proving that his opponent, Joe Biden, belonged to a criminal administration.

But Barr has let it be known that no report is forthcoming in time for the election. Stahl pointed out that the Obama administration didn’t spy on Trump’s campaign, which is true. But this was supposed to be “verified” by now, or seem verified.

Campaigning in a fictional universe

Oddly, it’s almost as if Trump has assumed all along that he can’t win a reality-based argument and a fair election against Biden. Instead, he set about using the government to manufacture fictions that would define the parameters within which this campaign would unfold.

During his recent NBC town hall, Trump grew incensed because the arguments were unfolding in reality, where the biggest domestic extremist threat is right-wing in nature — which his own Department of Homeland Security has attested to. This wasn’t supposed to happen: Extensive government resources were devoted to manufacturing the illusion of an organized leftist terror threat for him to campaign against, but that’s failed.

Trump got impeached for subverting U.S. foreign policy to the goal of strong-arming Ukraine into announcing an investigation into alleged Biden corruption — not actually finding corruption, but merely announcing it — because again all that mattered was what could be made to seem true.

No outcome in which Trump loses the election is legitimate, he now claims. Millions of mail ballots will be coming from who knows where, Trump insists, so how can you trust the counting of them? This means full-scale manipulation in the war over who appears to win the vote count is justified.

And to this day, the entire GOP is required to play along with the illusion that Trump mostly vanquished the coronavirus through his spectacular leadership. The crowning conclusion to this was to be Trump’s success in bulldozing a vaccine through in time for his reelection.

But that too fell apart, cases are again on the rise and Fauci is telling the American people hard truths about what lies ahead. That’s exactly why Trump is raging at him, and Stahl, too, sought to burst this illusion.

It’s doubtful that Trump will end up releasing the full footage of the Stahl interview. But if he does, my bet is that it will dramatically illustrate his rage at Stahl for deflating his fictional universe. The one that by now was supposed to seem true.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

20 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I see polls going one way and then another. I just pray (seriously every day) that we can end this nightmare. I never thought I would pray for an outcome of a presidential race. 

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Facebook is just the worst right now.

And yes people who are usually not gullible are buying into all sorts of stuff. These are everyday people who will absolutely go vote. A perfect example of this is Alyssa Bates Webster's church. I've been reviewing their pastor's political sermons. This is not some church were women wear frumpers and don't work, they have women who are public school teachers in the congregation. And yet, the pastor is frantically telling them they must vote conservative because if they don't babies will be killed after they are born and old people will be denied medical care and allowed to die. And these people take it all to heart. They really are terrified and think that voting democrat means voting to murder babies that are  a couple weeks old and allowing the elderly to be killed off. And there is no reasoning with them since this is not based on any sort of reasonable thinking. 

I'm am so scared right now because I am not sure Biden is going to win this. 

My cousin posted something about that. Her son just posted how he voted for Trump. He is very religious. I feel like asking him if he would let trump in the same room with his 3 daughters if they were of age. 

• Upvote 8

32 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Ooh... I've got an answer... I wish Trump could have changed his covet experience with Chris Christie's. I'm curious if a week in the ICU would have changed matters at all.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I was depressed enough, because all my friends have better lives on facebook today. None of the Trumpers on my facebook were posting about him today. I've told them to unfriend me. They're not close friends. A friend told me I should be making GOTV calls, but I'm too lazy to do it. I suppose if he wins I might feel guilty I didn't do more.

It makes mad about all the religious support he's getting. I feel like people are a lot more vocal about their support this time. 

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

And yes people who are usually not gullible are buying into all sorts of stuff.

I made the mistake of checking in on the FB of some elderly ladies whom I was in a Sunday School class with back in 2013-16.  These are kind, caring, Baptist women, who will feed you as soon as look at you, make a quilt if you happen to mention you know someone having a baby, give give give of themselves and have amazing Biblical knowledge and prayer lives.  For all intents and purposes, they walk their talk.

And they're diehard Trumpers.  Anyone else who did even a fraction of what he's done and said, they'd be practically ill at the horror of it.  For him it's all excused.  I will never, ever understand.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I made the mistake of checking in on the FB of some elderly ladies whom I was in a Sunday School class with back in 2013-16.  These are kind, caring, Baptist women, who will feed you as soon as look at you, make a quilt if you happen to mention you know someone having a baby, give give give of themselves and have amazing Biblical knowledge and prayer lives.  For all intents and purposes, they walk their talk.

And they're diehard Trumpers.  Anyone else who did even a fraction of what he's done and said, they'd be practically ill at the horror of it.  For him it's all excused.  I will never, ever understand.

Its all about abortion. They will sell their souls to the devil to overturn Roe vs. Wade. And that will never happen. The GOP needs RvW as the carrot to dangle in front of these people for votes. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

"My full, flowing and "magnificently brilliant" answers."  :pb_lol: 

This is going to backfire so spectacularly...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic