IGNORED

So what if a coutrship doesn't work out

annalena

Guest Anonymous
Heb 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Teaching anyone that sex in marriage is shameful is going against what God teaches. There is no shame in sex within marriage. The husband and wife are placed no limits on their sex lives. God created sex! And he said it marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled

Sweet! Me, my husband, and his concubine are going to have some wild times.

*I don't have a husband. Or a concubine.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heb 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Teaching anyone that sex in marriage is shameful is going against what God teaches. There is no shame in sex within marriage. The husband and wife are placed no limits on their sex lives. God created sex! And he said it marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled

I gave the old school meaning of fornication, it didn't jive with you so you've found another verse. A whoremonger is and was one who consorts with whores, marriage being honorable in all doesn't mean that at one time fornication didn't refer to sex with in marriage, masturbation or sex outside of marriage. I will continue to back up my beliefs as you will yours but my point was and still is that God didn't "command" to abstain from sex outside of marriage like you said he did.

Not that God would be happy about pre-maritial sex, but abstinence is not a commandment.

What is an adulterer then? It said in that verse that God would judge those involved in ADULTERY too. That IS sex outside of marriage and since God said He will judge those involved in such I don't think He is meaning its ok. He is commanding against it.

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Duet 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.

Matt 5: 27-28 (27) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

(28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So much of the Bible, really the OT, is just important aspects of ancient Hebrew culture put in to make it even more legit and codefied.The 'command' against sex outside of marriage and other sexual politics that people claim is so God commanded was implemented for a number of reasons,namely the man wanted to make sure he was really the baby daddy and his seed was being passed down/inharetence issues,to keep females in thier 'place' and not running around and more I can't think of at the moment.Same with eating pork.Eat that,get trichnosis, die.

yeah.I can't spell.

I haven't read through all the comments here so this may have been covered already, in which case i apologize for the repeat.

Christopher Maxwell had a broken courtship. Courtship is time to get to know each other and move towards engagement, which is more of a contract stage leading to marriage. During the courtship there is no expression of "I love you" and in fact I believe that love is not discussed until the marriage itself takes place so as not to give this emotion away until the moment it is too late to take it back.

I am no expert by any means, but this is my very simple understanding of it all.

It is truly a shame if they practice it that way

It can be and they often do.

In my case it was a good way to bring two painfully shy people together. However each relationship whether dating or courting should be based on the personalities of the two in the relationship instead of a one size fits all rule list which is what many of these people tend to follow. I think that's a big reason in why a lot of courtships just don't make it. The couple either wasn't a good match to begin with and the parents tried to make it work or the couple wasn't allowed to express themselves naturally making the entire situation awkward. It also isn't uncommon to see them break up because one family wasn't entirely open with the other about their own beliefs, with the more liberal family (correctly) thinking that the couple should work out their beliefs on their own.

Emmie, as a well past the honeymoon, house full of kids (LIAS shelving looks tempting sometimes. lol) with multiple miscarriages, hidden childhood sexual abuse nearly ripping our marriage apart, and multiple chronic health problem and surgery surviving marriage partner, I can say that I wouldn't have changed one single thing in our own courtship or marriage. Although a very different route may be taken for our own children purely for the reason that their personalities are so much different than our own and our situation is different now that we have left the heavy fundamentalist influence of the church we belonged to.

Archived