IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

Former Fuck Nugget campaign manager Brad Parscale apparently tried to harm himself and police took him to the hospital.

Former campaign manager for Donald Trump, Brad Parscale, who was replaced by the President less than four month until November’s vote was reportedly armed with a gun and threatening to harm himself at his Fort Lauderdale home on Sunday afternoon.

Police have not confirmed that Parscale worked for Trump, but records confirm that the property in the 2300 block of Desota Drive in Fort Lauderdale is owned by Parscale, 44, and his wife, Candice. Local 10 spoke to neighbors in the Seven Isles neighborhood who also said it was the former advisor to the President.

Fort Lauderdale Police responded to a home in reference to an armed male attempting suicide Sunday afternoon. When officers arrived on the scene, they made contact with the wife of the man who told them her husband was armed, had access to multiple firearms inside the house and was threatening to harm himself. She had placed the 911 call, according to police.

Fort Lauderdale Police said that the armed subject was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where he was placed under a Baker Act.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I was about to post that.  Not sure if I should feel sorry for him or not he's such a POS.

Yeah I'm having a very, very hard time having any sympathy of any type whatsoever for him or other Branch Trumpvidians.  They've caused so much pain and misery that I can't bring myself to feel any good feelings for them. 

• I Agree 4

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Former Fuck Nugget campaign manager Brad Parscale apparently tried to harm himself and police took him to the hospital.

I'm not trying to make light of a suicide attempt, but I do think it's interesting how Trump's campaigns attract a lot of ...characters. 

A.J. Delgado, former advisor on the 2016 campaign, is on Twitter spilling all kinds of tea about Jason Miller and how he's months behind on child support for their child and how he pushed her to have an abortion. 

Then there's Hope Hicks' terrible taste in men and Claudia Conway and her parental drama. 

Forget Malibu mansions, set a soap opera on a Republican campaign bus. 

• Upvote 10

Of course Biden is being the better man about this while Fuck Nugget heads straight for the sewers. 

The immediate reactions to the news about Parscale Sunday evening from the presidential campaigns in the polarized election year were strikingly different.

The Biden campaign’s “war room,” which provides the campaign’s quick responses to developments, reacted with sympathy for Parscale, posting on Twitter that, “This field is tough. It takes its toll on people in unfathomable ways. Regardless of the differences we have in our beliefs, we at the Biden War Room hope that Brad Parscale is safe, is with his family, and gets everything that he needs to get better.”

The Trump campaign, in a statement professing concern for Parscale, used the incident to attack Trump’s opponents. “Brad Parscale is a member of our family and we all love him. We are ready to support him and his family in any way possible. The disgusting, personal attacks from Democrats and disgruntled RINOs have gone too far, and they should be ashamed of themselves for what they’ve done to this man and his family,” Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said in a statement Sunday night.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Everyone can put their sympathy away. If you had any to begin with, that is.

Police documents show Brad Parscale beat his wife and threatened her with a gun

Sworn police reports say the Trump Campaign’s senior advisor and former campaign manager Brad Parscale beats his wife and is a threat to harm her, and himself. In five narrative reports, officers detailed how Parscale may have also committed firearms infractions, a domestic violence simple battery, and resisted arrest.

Yesterday, Brad Parscale physically battered, before threatening Mrs. Candace Parscale with his gun after they had a verbal altercation, before resisting arrest when the Fort Lauderdale Police Department’s SWAT team tried to detain him. Officers removed ten firearms from the former Trump campaign manager’s home, including a rifle, a shotgun, and a pricey AR-15-style Daniel Defense Rifle.

News of Parscale’s arrest broke late last night without any other actual details after police detained him under Florida’s Baker Act, which allows a mental health hold of up to 72-hours for a person who is found to be a threat to themselves or others.

The Washington Press obtained an exclusive copy of Parscale’s sworn police incident reports and the calls for service report from the Fort Lauderdale PD. (embedded below)

These five narrative reports and the service logs paint a graphic portrait of a battered wife fleeing her home for her life—without anything in hand, not even her cellphone—after her drunken husband threatened her with a loaded gun inside their $2.4 million waterfront home.

Multiple Fort Lauderdale officers reported that Candace Parscale had numerous scratches and bruises on her arms, and specifically, contusions her cheek and forehead. Officers photographed Mrs. Parscale’s injuries and uploaded them to evidence.com.  Here’s an excerpt from the report: 

image.thumb.png.54094ae343e30453d9b6bc6db20894c3.png

According to Officer Steven S. Smith’s report, he noted the Trump campaign official “racked the slide” of his gun, cocking the weapon to prepare it for firing “right in his wife’s presence. Candace Parscale became so afraid for her safety that she immediately fled…”

Smith reported that Parscale’s neighbor was an “independent witness” who lives a “couple houses down” and gave “credibility to the consistent storyline” and “also witnessing the bruising on Candace Parscale.”

In Florida, it is a first-degree misdemeanor to improperly exhibit a firearm “in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.” Parscale was not arrested or cited for any weapons violations. The rest of Ofc. Smith’s report describes the incident from Candace Parscale’s perspective:

image.thumb.png.2199c8be6b968e297dd25b961da46b39.png

After Brad Parscale sent his wife fleeing for her life, she told officer T. Skaggs that she heard a “loud bang,” which she thought was a gunshot ringing from their home shortly after running away. She told officers that her husband didn’t commit suicide only because after she fled, he started loudly ranting and raving and making the family dog agitated.

Officer Skaggs contacted Parscale by phone and observed that his speech was slurred. When he refused to leave home, a SWAT Immediate Action Team got deployed to the posh residence situated only blocks from Fort Lauderdale’s famed Las Olas Boulevard.

While the SWAT team arrived, one of Brad Parscale’s friends on the police force placed a call to their mutual friend, Officer Christopher Wilson, advising the political operative was facing off with the heavily armed officers at his home. Wilson had just left his regular duty at a protest, and headed to his friend’s home “was advised that Brad was refusing to come out of his house to speak with them after threatening his wife with a gun.”

Then, Wilson convinced Parscale to leave his home and come to the edge of his driveway to speak with police, which he did with a beer in hand. His friend described Trump’s former campaign manager as “clearly intoxicated,” but didn’t write in his narrative how the political operative resisted arrest.

However, SWAT Officer Matthew Moceri filled in the blanks about the “armed barricaded subject,” whom he described as “substantially larger than himself” who “disobeyed” his five lawful commands to submit to an arrest. Here’s an excerpt from his report:

image.thumb.png.803736bb197879bcdfa52a90fa64c218.png

That forced Officer Moceri to arrest the larger man with a “double leg takedown” because he was “wearing shorts with pockets that could easily conceal a firearm.”

Regarding the arrest Officer Smith reported the Trump senior advisor emitted a “strong odor” which he thought was from alcohol, noting that a pat-down showed him to be unarmed, but that “one of Brad Parscale’s firearms that were recovered within the residence was small enough to be concealed in a pocket.” He also noted that only “after refusing to comply with the commands operators physically brought him to the ground to establish control and place him into custody.”

In other words, multiple officers tackled Brad Parscale to arrest him after he refused to comply with officers’ commands.

“Family and intimate assaults involving firearms are 12 times more likely to end in a fatality than those not associated with firearms,” according to the Florida Bar Journal, Households with guns are almost eight times more likely to involve a firearm homicide by a family member or intimate acquaintance than homes without guns.”

In Florida, it is a misdemeanor to resist an officer without violence, although Mr. Parscale was not charged with any criminal offenses for firearms violations, simple battery, nor do the reports make clear why that is the case.

While in custody, Parscale told the officers that he wasn’t on any medication, nor suffer from any mental illnesses, although his wife told the officers without substantiation that he “suffers from PTSD.”

The officer on the scene still decided not to arrest Parscale and instead invoke the mental health hold because of “Bradley’s violent behavior, his alcohol consumption, his agitated mental state of mind, and his previous comments of suicide.”

(link to full police reports embedded in article)

Video of his arrest:

• Thank You 12

Random, but: Has anyone seen an ad quoting Biden as saying we have to rely on China? Apparently "there was a Biden ad on TV saying we have to rely on China," according to my brother. I suspect it was a clip of him either saying we can't rely on China (if it was for him) or a Trump ad taking something out of context. I'm pretty sure this is him misremembering a Fox talking point that is in itself out of context, since he couldn't remember who the ad was against or what we'd have to rely on China for and wanted to get off the phone the minute I started asking questions so I could look it up, but I'm curious and nothing comes up on Google. Any bells rung?

Random, but: Has anyone seen an ad quoting Biden as saying we have to rely on China? Apparently "there was a Biden ad on TV saying we have to rely on China," according to my brother. I suspect it was a clip of him either saying we can't rely on China (if it was for him) or a Trump ad taking something out of context. I'm pretty sure this is him misremembering a Fox talking point that is in itself out of context, since he couldn't remember who the ad was against or what we'd have to rely on China for and wanted to get off the phone the minute I started asking questions so I could look it up, but I'm curious and nothing comes up on Google. Any bells rung?

i have seen the ad on youtube (as in, an ad prior to a video) though of course it didn’t quote a source and who knows what it might be from or what the context of the quote is.
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I didn't, though I'm sure there are others who will RALLY in support of him.

• Upvote 5

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it relates to the election, I chose this thread.

Rufus needs to knock some sense into Michelle:

image.png.b8a2c540d4b4e90c2c48d52770d04570.png

Spoiler

image.png.878313654e3087472922f2abcb524fdb.png

• WTF 11

Jackson sounds like he's on something here:

• WTF 6

17 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Police documents show Brad Parscale beat his wife and threatened her with a gun

Video of his arrest:

image.png.29a741d9ea0cf2680106fc66da41d771.png

I thought the same thing. If Parscale was a person of color, the arrest may have gone down quite differently.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it relates to the election, I chose this thread.

Rufus needs to knock some sense into Michelle:

image.png.b8a2c540d4b4e90c2c48d52770d04570.png

Hide contents

image.png.878313654e3087472922f2abcb524fdb.png

I've gotten so accustomed to Repugs telegraphing what they are doing by accusing Democrats of the same thing that I am now feeling compelled to start searching barns.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Nice summary.

Maybe even too nice. I would not be surprised if Trump got vicious and personal. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

Nice summary.

Maybe even too nice. I would not be surprised if Trump got vicious and personal. 

Also: But her emails.

And: "Noble" (sp.) Prize.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Becky said:

I received my ballot in the mail today!! ?I plan to drop it off at our election office in person. 

I just dropped off my husband's and my ballots at our election office today! ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Alcohol poisoning assured. 

Don't forget, Joe is just letting the cities burn. Trump will be the law and order president, if elected.

• Upvote 8

LOL Trump is starting to sound a bit conflicted. Like he really wants Biden to be president and take the fall for all this stuff ("Why didn't Biden impose a mask mandate?" asks the president about a guy currently not in public office), but he wants to stay president himself for the attention. And the immunity from being indicted. And having US pay for his private flights wherever he wants to go, and his meals, and having us pay him for the privilege of protecting him while he golfs and lunches with his buddies.

Being president is a good job if you can get it, I suppose. Free room and board, free travel, hours a day to spend watching TV, healthcare included, limos, plenty of assistants, nice big office for the few minutes a day you work...

• Upvote 7

Ten minute countdown to the debate.  Hope Joe is sitting there holding a cup of water with one hand and can restrain himself from saying "Listen" too often.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Hope Joe is sitting there holding a cup of water with one hand and can restrain himself from saying "Listen" too often.

Here's a sure sign I've been listening to too much Bro Gary - my first thought was "as long as it isn't 'listen, hey, I wanna tell ya, in the part of, ya say WHA?' I'm fine."

Trump, on the other hand, I cannot listen to at all. I will read news and recaps later.

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic