IGNORED

How to handle fundies on your blog?

Deleted08

I got a weird comment this morning that my blog should have an adult content warning and I give a certain religious group a bad name. They called me a pig as well ???

I can guess it's a fundie from somewhere. They specifically mentioned Menu Monday so I figure it's someone who has been to my blog a couple weeks or something.

What gets me is there is NO nudity on my blog. I do crack jokes about Dolph Lundgren, Van Damme, etc.

I have moderated comments so I just deleted it but I was surprised someone would find my blog offensive.

How do you deal with fundies who leave weird comments on your blogs?

Well first, give us the offending blog link so we can decide ourselves. :) Second, I would have let it through and said, "thanks,right back at ya!". I don't have fundies reading my blog and its boring enough I rarely get comments.

When I quit being a fundie I started posting Dolph Lundgren shirtless pics to keep the fundies off my blog.

Hubby thought maybe "My Horse is Amazing" could be the offending video because an animated horse dingaling.

Guess it takes alot to shock me lol!

If your parents have never been offended, I would simply not worry about it. And possibly laugh. For some reason, I'm reminded of the Captain America Movie and "fondueing" but that's because I'm strange.

Maybe that person can't get enough of your blog despite the fact that they are being defrauded by it. Instead of deciding it's not for them and moving along, they chastise you for your content being out in the open. Like they want the world to be bubble wrapped for them.

BTW, I have been to adult content blogs and they usually show nudity and have extremely graphic sexual content. Yours looks nothing like that.

Bah, some people are just assholes. A couple of times on my blog, I got jerky comments calling me fat and ugly, etc. I just deleted them.

http://thewindisround.blogspot.com/

It's called The Quirky Quaker. I have bipolar so I do post odd things but my parents read the blog and have never been offended lol!

Thanks for checking it out!

I like the cat posters. will read it tonight.

You're in Finland I see. Used to live in Northern WI, lots of Finns there. Saari was the most common surname. Nothing better than a real Finnish sauna, including the naked roll in the snow after the sauna.

If your parents haven't been offended then I'd say you are probably OK.

The only evil comment I've ever had in 5 years of blogging was from Lady Lydia, bless her heart.

How did the fundies find your blog? I am starting one and now I am worried. II am sure they would love to snark on us. :) I guess it cannot be helped.

I like to read a website called Shakespeare's Sister, or Shakesville,

and it's blogmistress set up a complaint hotline for people reading it to call in and gripe. It was a real phone number.

She got tired of all the people emailing her all the time with complaints,

or trying to put up comments that were not acceptable. (There is a very

strict moderation policy there).

I know there's an expense involve with something like that, but I thought

it was hilarious.

I'm sure the Stinking Fishwife would have some kind of seizure if she ever read

that board.

Thanks everyone for your replies! They gave me a much needed happy boost! (Bad bipolar day even before blog comment lol)!

@emmiedahl I believe the anonymous person was from a Quaker forum I'm on, a disgruntled reader, or just a previous fundie. I don't talk about FJ ever on my blog (It's our Bat Cave lol) so I'd not worry about your blog.

How did the fundies find your blog? I am starting one and now I am worried. II am sure they would love to snark on us. :) I guess it cannot be helped.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, PM me the link if you would. :) I love reading the Fjers blogs, but not everyone updates often (UHEM, those who know I read you know who you are...)so I need a decent blogroll to keep me entertained. I am getting sick of many of the fashion blogs I read , I need new blogs.

Archived