IGNORED

WTF Fundies!?

clueliss

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Knowing how pissed this must be making him, how dare they exclude him from his rightful profit, is giving me some serious schadenfreude at the moment.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

Perhaps more idiots will be removed from the gene pool, though, hopefully, without crashing the Lynchburg medical system and infecting local residents.

• Upvote 8

So much fuck stickery

Fuck these people. 

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 10
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

I severely hope that the parents of residential Liberty students refuse to allow their kids to go back to campus while there's still an active plague. And that they have lawyers available in case Falwell Jr continues to refuse refunds of room/board costs. 

The only reason students should go to campus now would be to get their belongings from the dorms, but I'd assume that could be managed by staff (who would get time and a half) before cleaning services scrub the buildings down. That's if they didn't advise students to take everything with them when they left.

• Upvote 11

Apparently, we're moving into the death panels phase of a pandemic under the Trump presidency. 

Dan Patrick, the Lieutenant Governor of my state, Texas,  has said he's willing to be collateral damage from Corona virus so people to go back to work soon and get the economy going.  Well, not actually him personally, mind you, but apparently other disposable old people and young people who weren't supposed to have more than the sniffles, but are lying in beds on a ventilator.  Dan Patrick is 69. 

Now Glenn Beck is on the same bandwagon.  I am not making this up: “Even if we all get sick, I would rather die than kill the country.” Beck is in his late 50s.  Glenn Beck Says He’d ‘Rather Die Than Kill the Country’

These assholes have zero intention of dying. Zero.  They want to eliminate social distancing and other measures in place to flatten the curve of the rate of infection, but I'm sure they are being incredibly careful about exposure. 

However, governors in 15 states have mandated various "shelter in place, stay at home" orders that can't (as far as I know) be overturned by Trump.  Our Texas governor, Greg Abbott, has refused to issue a state-wide order, but our mayor here in Austin issued one that became effective at midnight last night (Tuesday).  If you'll recall, only a few weeks ago, Abbott tweeted a picture of himself on vacation, drinking a Corona beer and basically saying, "What, me worry?"

It's incredibly important to remember that support from Trump is still incredibly high among Republicans.  They will follow him over the damn cliff.  That's fine as long as they don't take the rest of us with them.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

Since I’m in a mood at the moment, I’m going to say it, I’m willing for Glenn Beck to be collateral damage too.  

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

And Trump, and Falwell, and Patrick, etc, etc, etc

Normally I try to keep those thoughts to myself, but this roll call of fucking asshole “let them die” Old white men brought it roaring to the surface.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

support from Trump is still incredibly high among Republicans.  They will follow him over the damn cliff.  That's fine as long as they don't take the rest of us with them.  

Join with me!

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

I feel sorry for their loved ones, but damn. Have some sense, people!

• Upvote 11

Now the Olympics have been postponed, I propose we start the Darwin Award Competition instead. All those WTF fundies are automatically nominated.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

These assholes have zero intention of dying. Zero.  They want to eliminate social distancing and other measures in place to flatten the curve of the rate of infection, but I'm sure they are being incredibly careful about exposure. 

Also, you know they would receive first class treatment without delay, because they are soooooo important.

• Upvote 9

These old white guys are pretty fucking stupid. Since a lot of them are in the more vulnerable group because of their age and I doubt they all take care of their health. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these idiotic old white guys had health issues like diabetes, heart issues, lung issues, etc. If they get coronavirus, they will be the ones in the ICU. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

As if there should even be a question about this... smh.

1 hour ago, Marty1227 said:

Also, you know they would receive first class treatment without delay, because they are soooooo important.

Which is absolute bullshit. Whatever happened to “...all men are created equal”?

• Upvote 5

On 3/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, AmazonGrace said:

As a response , I'll just post this quote here .  

What would Jesus do? I believe He would minister to the sick, seeking to provide comfort and assistance to those coping with physical, emotional, and economic aftermath of having the virus or having lost a loved one to it. If the projections about the percentage of the population which may become infected are even remotely accurate, then there will be manifold opportunities to be of assistance to our neighbors and their families even at risk to ourselves. That is certainly what Jesus would do.

Also, I don’t believe Jesus would put anyone else at needless risk. I believe Jesus would recommend that His disciples heed the government directives concerning the best medical practices to prevent the spread of this virus. In fact, if we as Christians assume that as believers we can disregard sound medical advice and engage in inherently risky behavior, presuming that God will still protect us, we are committing the sin of presumption. Jesus Himself warned against this particular sin. When confronted by the Devil with this sin in the wilderness, Jesus replied, “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God” (Matthew 4:7). If the health authorities recommend no meeting of more than ten people, is it presumption for churches to disregard these directives and assemble in person rather than through streaming online or in meeting in smaller house meetings like the early church? I fear that it indeed would be.

As Christ’s disciples we need to follow His command to pray for all of those who are in authority, that God will give them wisdom, guidance, and protection as they seek to fulfill their divinely ordained assignment to protect the citizenry (Rom. 13:1-7

https://www.christianpost.com/news/ask-dr-land-how-should-christians-respond-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic.html  

On 3/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I don't know what her religion is, if any, but she def belongs in the WTF camp

https://globalnews.ca/news/6707119/evangeline-lilly-dismisses-coronavirus/

https://hollowverse.com/evangeline-lilly/   ,  http://www.religionfacts.com/evangeline-lilly 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Whatever happened to “...all men are created equal”?

“But some are more equal than others.”

• Upvote 8

The New England Journal of Medicine published a set of recommendations for triage of COVID-19 patients this week: basically, medical ethical principles to use when deciding which people should get ventilators if there are not enough to go around.

Critical Covid-19 interventions — testing, PPE, ICU beds, ventilators, therapeutics, and vaccines — should go first to front-line health care workers and others who care for ill patients and who keep critical infrastructure operating, particularly workers who face a high risk of infection and whose training makes them difficult to replace. [ . . .] Priority for critical workers must not be abused by prioritizing wealthy or famous persons or the politically powerful above first responders and medical staff — as has already happened for testing. Such abuses will undermine trust in the allocation framework.

(Bolding mine.) So I don't think Abbott and his cronies should assume there will be a ventilator ready and waiting for them if they become critically ill.

• Upvote 10

18 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I know, it is from Werkendam so true biblebelt. So what can you expect?

They took it down from their website now so I can't link it but if I find out how (and if you are interested) I can send you the pdf.

@fraurosena @CarrotCake I found the letter online, if you're interested.

• Thank You 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At least the big sandy conference in April is cancelled:

8C6FE844-6605-4595-80BF-B6FEA4879B4E.jpeg

ALERT has canceled the newest basic training group, but they are still keeping on with the advanced group. There doesn't seem to be a lot of social distancing in the ALERT pictures. I think they truly view themselves as some sort of real army, except a super special Jesus army and so they will be okay. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

@DutchMommy kindly PM'd me the letter sent to Dutch children we were posting about yesterday. I've put my translation under the spoiler. Be warned, it's rage-inducing.

Dear children of the Bethelchurch,

This week I have been thinking about you often. Everything has suddenly become so different. A very bad disease has come into the world. So bad, that a lot of people are dying from it. So bad, that not many people are allowed to go to church. So bad, that even your school has been closed. I think you will be finding things very difficult. Some children talk about it with their mom or dad. Other children find it difficult to say what they feel. There are many mothers and maybe even fathers who talk about the Bible or read Bible stories to you. It's rather strange suddenly being 'in school' at home. I think that a lot of children will find it difficult to have to do all kinds of assignments at home. You should pray to the Lord if He will help you and for the Lord to also bless the Bible stories. Pray for the Lord to spare you and all the people in your church. And try to be nice for each other at home.

You will probably have thought about the reason for all of this. It's because of our sins. The Lord lives in heaven and sees a lot of bad things from adults and from children. They act badly, speak badly and think badly. That is why the Lord is angered with us and He has sent us a disease. The Bible has a text that will help you understand. In Habakuk 3:5 we can read: 'Before his countenance went the pestilence.' That text is a little difficult to understand. But I will explain. You know that with the States Translation of the Bible there are notes. These say what this text means. We can think of a king, who before he comes to visit, first sends his servants ahead. When King Willem-Alexander goes to visit somewhere, there are a lot of people working on it beforehand. This is what we should be thinking of when it comes to the Lord. The Lord Jesus is coming. When? At the second coming. Then He will come on the clouds of heaven. All people will see him with their eyes. You will see him too. And then the Lord Jesus will judge all people. Then Jesus will ask how you have listened to the Bible stories and the sermons.

But before Jesus comes, like a king sends his servants first, He is sending the coronavirus first to punish us. Why? The Lord wants you to start praying. The Lord wants you to break with the wrong things. The Lord wants you to stop loving all of your pretty things so much. The Lords wants you to stop wasting your time behind the computer. The Lords asks for the whole of your heart. It is a great miracle when you may receive  a new heart. Then you may love the Lord. You don't have a new hart yet? That is really bad. Go and pray like Anna Boender from Nieuw Beijerland more than a hundred years ago. "Lord, who art thou? I don't know thee. May I get to know thee?" It is still forgiveness-time. How long? I don't know.

Seek Jesus often
Seek Jesus early
He who has Jesus
He has enough

Your praying pastor Agteresh.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 7

20 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I severely hope that the parents of residential Liberty students refuse to allow their kids to go back to campus while there's still an active plague. And that they have lawyers available in case Falwell Jr continues to refuse refunds of room/board costs. 

The only reason students should go to campus now would be to get their belongings from the dorms, but I'd assume that could be managed by staff (who would get time and a half) before cleaning services scrub the buildings down. That's if they didn't advise students to take everything with them when they left.

A small point for the Liberty dorms, my undergrad school is keeping dorms open for a small number of students. When they closed campus, they sent a note to alums explaining that they are allowing a small number of students to remain in the dorms, including: international students who cannot go home or chose to not go home (Chinese students especially), students who do not have internet at home, students who it is deemed not safe to go home (ie family already contracted the virus, etc), and students who need specialized equipment to graduate in May (science majors mostly). They had to apply to the university and get accepted to stay. Each student was then moved to a single room in one dorm building. However, if they left campus to go home for spring break, they could not come back.

It was not open to just anyone, the students have to keep social distancing but it does take into account the fact that it is not just easy for everyone to be at home/get home. They were just very deliberate about it. They also opened a student donation fund to help cover extra costs for students in this time (last minute expensive airfare, storage space for students who could not get all their stuff home on 48 hours notice due to plane rides or not having car access, food for students staying, etc). They promised that none of the funds raised would go to campus stuff/just helping the students themselves.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, eport said:

A small point for the Liberty dorms, my undergrad school is keeping dorms open for a small number of students. When they closed campus, they sent a note to alums explaining that they are allowing a small number of students to remain in the dorms, including: international students who cannot go home or chose to not go home (Chinese students especially), students who do not have internet at home, students who it is deemed not safe to go home (ie family already contracted the virus, etc), and students who need specialized equipment to graduate in May (science majors mostly). They had to apply to the university and get accepted to stay. Each student was then moved to a single room in one dorm building. However, if they left campus to go home for spring break, they could not come back.

It was not open to just anyone, the students have to keep social distancing but it does take into account the fact that it is not just easy for everyone to be at home/get home. They were just very deliberate about it. They also opened a student donation fund to help cover extra costs for students in this time (last minute expensive airfare, storage space for students who could not get all their stuff home on 48 hours notice due to plane rides or not having car access, food for students staying, etc). They promised that none of the funds raised would go to campus stuff/just helping the students themselves.

I was able to stay on campus (with similar groups of students) during undergrad for most shorter breaks because it was far enough away from "home" to make life difficult (and I worked on campus through the summer each year). And, well, I'd go home for Christmas break and I'd have a completely different temporary bed each time (air mattress, camping cot, regular mattress on the floor). I get that going "home" isn't easy for everyone, and making exceptions (or encouraging alternative solutions) is a good thing.

HOWEVER, it seems that Falwell expects students who have already gone home to return so Liberty can avoid paying room/board refunds. That is a steaming pile of bullshit.

• Upvote 12

Everyone should shed a tear or two for the fundy maidens who were hoping to meet their Josh in the cafeteria line at Big Sandy. : )

PS I wonder how much Davy will charge for the virtual conference? 

• Upvote 8