IGNORED

WTF Fundies!?

clueliss

Starting a new topic for this one.  Our religious weirdos deserve a whole thread of their own so we can snark.  

what the actual fuck Hobby Lobby??????   Staying open because his wife had a vision

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/hobby-lobby-to-stay-open-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

Edited by nelliebelle1197
merging other topics
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 20
  • Thank You 1

I don't get it so they think their costumers will not get sick because of jesus? they will not spread the virus? even if someone who has a mild form goes to shop there he/she could still attach it...bah i don't get it 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't get it so they think their costumers will not get sick because of jesus? they will not spread the virus? even if someone who has a mild form goes to shop there he/she could still attach it...bah i don't get it 

It's magical thinking. Like those who protested because they emptied the acquasantiere (holy water) in churches, because since it's BLESSED water you can't catch anything from it even if hundreds of people dunked their hands in it before you. As if a blessing was enough to sterilise water. Smh

• Upvote 16

oh yeah i remember those fools who think that the acquasantiere was virus free...i'm still scratching my head about some of the first measure the church implemented here...like yes you can go to church even if don't feel good but you can't share the peace hand shake with the others...like uh? dude if someone next or back to me is coughing it could still spread it to me and all the others Seriously Smh 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Starting a new topic for this one.  Our religious weirdos deserve a whole thread of their own so we can snark.  

what the actual fuck Hobby Lobby??????   Staying open because his wife had a vision

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/hobby-lobby-to-stay-open-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

Yeah, right. This magical thinking thing makes no sense whatsoever. Either everything that happens is god's will and therefore good, and you shouldn't even have the temerity to think you know better and ask it to change what it's done, or this god isn't the almighty goodnesses you purport it to be -- and it won't listen.

• Upvote 10

https://www.wonkette.com/god-wants-hobby-lobby-to-stay-open

God, as we all know, is very big on scrapbooking these days.

The letter explains:

In her quiet prayer time this past week, the Lord put on Barbara's heart three profound words to remind us that He's in control. Guide, Guard, and Groom. We serve a God who will Guide us through this storm, who will Guard us as we travel to places never seen before, and who, as a result of this experience, will Groom us to be better than we could have ever thought possible before now.

Well if those are not words of wisdom to be transcribed on needlepoint, I don't know what would be. Although I would question why "God" would want anyone traveling to places never seen before in the middle of a pandemic.

Look, I may not believe in God, but I do love crafty shit. I would give almost anything to have all of my supplies with me right now so that I could take my mind off the coronavirus and crochet a lovely afghan. But if I did believe in God, I would really hope that God would be more concerned with not letting people die of the coronavirus (or spread it because they work retail and don't get sick leave) than with me being able to make a lovely afghan or finally take up macrame -- or, you know, with some very rich people being able to make a profit. It's basic triage.

• Upvote 11

Another thing for the WTF camp, crowds gather to welcome Mormon missionaries in Salt Lake City's airport baggage claim and parking structure.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/03/23/live-coronavirus-updates/?fbclid=IwAR39gkDrV_1ZLmC_sbTq_GnEnwwJ4Cl1wzgdy1Ra2hkQ-NufU3j_hEjie1k

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

Actually I have a friend that is caught up in part of the Mormon Madness.  She's not in Salt Lake.  But she does have a son who roughly 2 weeks ago went off to the training center in Mexico to prepare for a south american mission assignment.  Then the LDS church began pulling some mission folks back. Then late last week they pulled everyone back to their home country.  With travel bans this has meant redirecting to countries (Mexico for instance) that still allow travel to the US).  They had at least one flight of all LDS Mission folks return back to the US  (Which I'm guessing is what the above is).  Her son is still 'stuck' in Mexico and she's trying not to lose her mind.

• Upvote 5

WTF, Catholic edition

In an online statement, conservative Catholic Cardinal Raymond Burke said that access to Mass and the sacraments must not be denied even as the world faces the coronavirus pandemic.

“In considering what is needed to live, we must not forget that our first consideration is our relationship with God,” Burke wrote in a letter published on his website Saturday (March 21).

“That is why it is essential for us, at all times and above all in times of crisis, to have access to our churches and chapels, to the Sacraments, and to public devotions and prayers.”

The U.S. cardinal has been a staunch critic of Pope Francis’ pontificate and was among the four cardinals who authored the “Dubia,” a document challenging the Holy Father about his cautious opening to allowing Communion for divorced and remarried couples in the 2016 apostolic exhortation “Amoris Laetitia.”

First off Lord High Ray, no one is denying people access to the sacraments.  If people really need access priests will do everything in their power to get the sacraments to those who need them.  My own priest has said that if someone was dying he'd do everything he could to get the Eucharist to them. 

Second off Ray it's better for now that people don't gather in churches since the ones who would gather would least be able to handle it if they got infected by the virus. 

But of course Ray is too busy being pissy because he wasn't tapped for the top job.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Let's hope the parents of these kids have more sense than Jerry Falwell.  My daughter is a grad school student home from the city to finish her semester online.   I feel much better knowing she's here in an environment that's semi-rural with fewer people to interact with.  The city where she goes to school is locked down, so there's no sense in being there if she can't leave the house (She's been living with my sister who's in the high risk category.  We don't feel comfortable with the idea that our daughter might bring the virus to my sister's house.)  At least where we live we can get outside and walk in the woods or around our neighborhood without running into people (just neighbors we know who are great about staying six feet away when they see others coming.)  Maybe those Liberty kids will start wondering what other lies their fearless leader Falwell has told them.    

• Upvote 25

37 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Let's hope the parents of these kids have more sense than Jerry Falwell.    

MSNBC was showing a tweet by a parent of three Liberty students who was pissed about the decision - said something like, "oh great; put our kids at risk now, and then in 7 weeks, send those who don't get sick back to their homes as potential carriers to their grandparents!"

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

On 3/23/2020 at 6:27 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I don't know what her religion is, if any, but she def belongs in the WTF camp

https://globalnews.ca/news/6707119/evangeline-lilly-dismisses-coronavirus/

Holy shit. Not only is she living with her dad, who has leukaemia, she herself is immunocompromised!!! Those are two of the categories which make you MOST AT RISK of getting serious consequences should you contract COVID-19. Most of the people who die have underlying health conditions. What an absolute moron. Is she really willing to play Russian roulette with her life, and leave her kids without a mother?

• Upvote 12

On 3/24/2020 at 6:06 AM, 47of74 said:

WTF, Catholic edition

First off Lord High Ray, no one is denying people access to the sacraments.  If people really need access priests will do everything in their power to get the sacraments to those who need them.  My own priest has said that if someone was dying he'd do everything he could to get the Eucharist to them. 

Second off Ray it's better for now that people don't gather in churches since the ones who would gather would least be able to handle it if they got infected by the virus. 

But of course Ray is too busy being pissy because he wasn't tapped for the top job.

Wtf?? Here we have priest who are dying because they choose to give their spot to a younger person or because they keep going out to help people and elderly for shopping so the at risks category could stay home, and he waste his time to write this? Gah i'm furioso even if i'm not Catholic anymore 

• Upvote 9

Here in the Netherlands there was a letter from a church going viral. It was a letter from the church to the children in their community. So literally aimed at kids.

Let me take some parts of it and translate them for you:

" you probably have been thinking why this is all happening. It is because of our sins. The Lord that is living in heaven sees many angry things with both adults and children. They act angry, talk angry and think angry. That is why the Lord is wrathful and he is sending the disease." 

" .... but before Jesus is coming he is, like a king will first send his servants, first sending the coronavirus to punish us. Why? The Lord wants you to pray. The Lord wants you to break free from the wrong things. The Lord wants you to stop loving all your pretty things. The Lord wants you to stop wasting your time behind the computer. "

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 14

https://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor-greg-locke-says-facebook-removed-his-sunday-service-announcement-for-promoting-a-crime.html

Pastor refuses to close his church and then gets pissy at Facebook for removing his post. Fb told him they took it down for what he’s decided is a bullshit reason: “your post goes against our Community Standards of coordinating harm & promoting crime.”

Edited by Giraffe
Editing grammar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Give me Liberty AND Death!

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this. They’re literally telling their students & faculty they don’t care if they die. I hope this brings the school down. 

Edited by Giraffe
Posted too soon.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

First, Falwell Jr. is not a preacher.  He doesn't have a divinity degree.  He's a bidness man with a law degree. 

My money's on this being a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ driven decision.  I'd have to look back at the original article I read, but IIRC, Falwell mentioned that students should be allowed back in the dorms they'd already paid for.  Subtext, we've got your money and we're not about to refund $$$$$$$$$$$$ to you.  

In the original article I read, students would be living in the dorms, but taking coursework online.  A very large number of Liberty's 110,000 (!)  students take all of their coursework remotely already, so Liberty knows how to do this seamlessly.   It makes zero sense for students to be back on campus, except for them being pawns to allow Liberty U to keep their money. 

From Liberty University's web site: 

Undergrad tuition: $34,490 approximate annual undergraduate resident cost including tuition, mandatory fees, housing, and a meal plan (can be higher depending on the housing type and meal plan chosen)

One more thing.  This is another one of those things where you have to wonder if part of the calculation is to please and pander to Trump, who's chafing to get restrictions lifted and everybody "back to work" so he can resume bragging about the economy and the stock market.  A part of the calculus would be that Liberty students are young and not in the demographic most at risk for severe illness from The 'Rona, so no big deal, right?

Fuck these people. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Here in the Netherlands there was a letter from a church going viral. It was a letter from the church to the children in their community. So literally aimed at kids.

Let me take some parts of it and translate them for you:

" you probably have been thinking why this is all happening. It is because of our sins. The Lord that is living in heaven sees many angry things with both adults and children. They act angry, talk angry and think angry. That is why the Lord is wrathful and he is sending the disease." 

" .... but before Jesus is coming he is, like a king will first send his servants, first sending the coronavirus to punish us. Why? The Lord wants you to pray. The Lord wants you to break free from the wrong things. The Lord wants you to stop loving all your pretty things. The Lord wants you to stop wasting your time behind the computer. "

It's a good thing I didn't get that. My reply would have burned and scalded their idiotic religious asses off. Klootzakken.:angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

Just found out Prince Charles tested positive and that doctors in Italy are considering to stop treating people over 60. Hope that's not true. Very curious to see how many Liberty students return to campus. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

It's a good thing I didn't get that. My reply would have burned and scalded their idiotic religious asses off. Klootzakken.:angry-cussingblack:

I know, it is from Werkendam so true biblebelt. So what can you expect?

They took it down from their website now so I can't link it but if I find out how (and if you are interested) I can send you the pdf.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1