IGNORED

WTF Fundies!?

clueliss

I feel sorry for people like this. They believe the fake news that our president often perpetuates and they pay the ultimate price for it. 

• Upvote 10

On 3/26/2020 at 1:50 AM, Jigsaw3 said:

The New England Journal of Medicine published a set of recommendations for triage of COVID-19 patients this week: basically, medical ethical principles to use when deciding which people should get ventilators if there are not enough to go around.

(Bolding mine.) So I don't think Abbott and his cronies should assume there will be a ventilator ready and waiting for them if they become critically ill.

Don’t hospitals in the US have ethical guidelines already? I’m a nurse, and we have a national standard in Sweden for medical ethics and what that means for triaging patients.

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, akinom said:

Don’t hospitals in the US have ethical guidelines already? I’m a nurse, and we have a national standard in Sweden for medical ethics and what that means for triaging patients.

I don't work in US hospitals, so I'm not an expert. My understanding is that the NEJM published these as guidance specifically for COVID-19, as most doctors currently don't have to make decisions like choosing which patient gets a ventilator when there aren't enough to go around.

It's such an awful situation...

• Upvote 7

I'm sorry (not sorry) but Pulpit and Pen is a IDIOT. He's welcome to gather all he wants with other idiots, but he is not free to go about possibly infecting other people because he's an IDIOT.

No clue where he lives, but the post office near me is open but empty, the UPS store is closed, there are very few people on the streets. The grocery stores are sparsely populated and people keep their social distance. The gov ordered the schools here closed until April 24; my office has mandatory WFH until April 30, and many churches are live streaming services from empty buildings with only the pastor/ priest and a few widely spaced out choir members/ musicians.

And I'm not sure I believe that Christians are the only ones keeping, hospitals and charities open with their 10% tithes and without them hospitals, food banks, charities, shelters and the like would all close.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Here's a winner. The commenters at The Wartburg Watch have been having fun with it:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/03/31/may-god-help-you-feckless-cowards-who-canceled-worship-to-honor-caesar/

Perhaps me being BEC, but I’m amused by the number of ads on pulpit & pen’s page. Ironic, especially on a post about “rendering unto Caesar.”

• Upvote 4

And I roll my eyes at Pulpit & Pen getting all upset at 'cancelling Sunday worship' as I don't see anything in my bible saying "thou shalt have Sunday worship in church buildings"

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

And I roll my eyes at Pulpit & Pen getting all upset at 'cancelling Sunday worship' as I don't see anything in my bible saying "thou shalt have Sunday worship in church buildings"

This is what’s been weird to me, too. The New Testament makes it clear church is the people not the building, and where does it even specify it has to be on a Sunday? The only (NT) verse I can think of that talks about church only refers to “don’t forsake fellowship.” It doesn’t spell out what that fellowship should look like or how often it should meet though. These people up in arms about online church not being legitimate are reading into verses in ways that are convenient for them but if the rest of us did the same thing in order to reach our preferred conclusion they’d call foul! The hypocrisy. It burns. 

• Upvote 11

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/liberty-university-presses-charges-against-journalists-who-covered-campus-being-n1180731

Jerry Falwell Jr is pursuing charges against the journalists who publicized him opening Liberty U during the pandemic. 

Edited by Giraffe
Removed my question mark. Yes, it’s Jr
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/liberty-university-presses-charges-against-journalists-who-covered-campus-being-n1180731

Jerry Falwell Jr is pursuing charges against the journalists who publicized him opening Liberty U during the pandemic. 

Yeah...like he'll win that one...dumb fucker, Trumpian ass kisser, fake "Christian"

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Wahhh wahhh! Reporters did their job and reported to the public that I opened my university back up and exposed a lot of people to the virus during a pandemic. Wahhh wahhh! 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts n prayers Tony

A Louisiana pastor who has drawn criticism for holding in-person church services despite coronavirus guidelines is asking people to donate their stimulus checks to evangelists who “haven’t had an offering in a month.”

In a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, the Rev. Tony Spell called on the public to get behind a new online challenge he is dubbing the #PastorSpellStimulusChallenge.

There are three rules to the challenge, Spell said in the video. The first rule is that it starts on Sunday. The second, he said, is for people to “donate your stimulus money.”

“Rule number three,” he continued, is to “donate it to evangelists, North American evangelists who haven’t had an offering in a month; missionaries, who haven’t had an offering in a month; music ministers, who haven’t had an offering in a month.”

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

All I have to say to assholes like Tony Spell is FUCK YOU!

We heard this morning from our safari guide in Tanzania.  The tourist industry has dried up.  If we were getting stimulus money (We make too much) ,  I'd rather give it to him.  Or some of it anyway.  Our kitchen needs a reno.  We are going to send him some money though.  We're not hurting, my husband has a steady job, and well, you can't take it with you.

PS: I hope Tony Spell doesn't get a dime!

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

All I have to say to assholes like Tony Spell is FUCK YOU!

We heard this morning from our safari guide in Tanzania.  The tourist industry has dried up.  If we were getting stimulus money (We make too much) ,  I'd rather give it to him.  Or some of it anyway.  Our kitchen needs a reno.  We are going to send him some money though.  We're not hurting, my husband has a steady job, and well, you can't take it with you.

PS: I hope Tony Spell doesn't get a dime!

CNN questions him on it here. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/19/pastor-tony-spell-coronavirus-stimulus-check-donations-blackwell-newday-vpx.cnn  It's video only, which is always annoying. For those who dont want to play a video, the real kicker of a takeaway here, is that CNN confirmed his church is eligible for the paycheck protection act.  But Dim Tony won't take it because 'big gubmint."

• Disgust 3
  • Thank You 2

58 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

For those who dont want to play a video, the real kicker of a takeaway here, is that CNN confirmed his church is eligible for the paycheck protection act.  But Dim Tony won't take it because 'big gubmint."

And the people’s stimulus checks AREN’T?!? This asshole is outrageous!

Edited by Giraffe
Not paychecks
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

And the people’s stimulus checks AREN’T?!? This asshole is outrageous!

Omg, that's such a great point.  Cognitive dissonance is being too kind to them, we all know greed is their motivation.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Yeah Tony went and got his ass arrested

A Louisiana pastor who defied state orders and repeatedly held large church services during the coronavirus pandemic has been charged again -- this time for allegedly assaulting a protester outside his church.

Tony Spell, pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, was taken into police custody Tuesday, according to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office. A day earlier, the Central Police Department had issued a warrant for his arrest, accusing him of aggravated assault.

Spell was released later in the day. He told a cheering crowd of his parishioners that he's not guilty of the charges and will hold church services Tuesday night.

"I am not guilty of any charges that I have been accused of," Spell said. "I am not guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. I am not guilty of defying any orders. The only thing I am guilty of is practicing my faith, which was given to me by Jesus Christ himself."

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Charlie Kirk really believes he 'destroyed' that rabbi, instead of being a sanctimonious twatwaddle... 

• Upvote 2

@fraurosena,  what the hell?  That Charlie Kirk just showed he's a real asshole.  He would not let the rabbi get a word in edgewise.  Just like not all Christians believe that the Bible should be taken literally, not all Jews do either. Of course, this Charlie Kirk character probably doesn't believe that non-literalist, non-fundie Christians are actually Christians.  The one thing that Jews of all stripes are united in, though, is that Jesus is not the Messiah and that you can't be Jewish and Christian.  The beliefs are incompatible with each other.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

Obviously they got their information from the FB University School of Medicine. 

Harvest Christian Daycare in Southwest Cedar Rapids won’t require students or staff to wear masks because it did it’s own research, according to a letter it sent to parents.

However, their research uses debunked myths on masks including it causes legionnaires' disease, prevents needed herd immunity, lowers oxygen levels, and doesn’t stop COVID-19 from spreading.

Multiple public health experts from the University of Iowa, Linn County Public Health, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention have encouraged mask usage. Dr. Fredric Gerr, who is a professor at the University of Iowa College of Public Health, said masks don’t reduce the amount of oxygen in a person’s body and only people with severe lung or heart disease need to worry about a mask restricting breathing. He said those with severe illness shouldn’t be able to complete everyday activities, like walking

The letter said it relies on information on doctors but didn’t specifically mention any doctors by name.

If we had an actual functioning government in Iowa the daycare would be getting shut down right about now by the state. But we have #CovidKim so they can infect all the people they want.

If I lived in CR and had kids I sure as hell wouldn’t send them there. 

• WTF 5

Wrong thread. Friday afternoon. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:40 PM, 47of74 said:

"I am not guilty of any charges that I have been accused of," Spell said. "I am not guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. I am not guilty of defying any orders. The only thing I am guilty of is practicing my faith, which was given to me by Jesus Christ himself."

"With my AK-47."

Ok that made me laugh.

Edited by Ozlsn

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn’t sure where to put this so I’ll just put it here. 

Emily Ann Reynes is a nanny to the rich fundies in fundieland. She went on vacation with the Bateses to nanny in FL and she’s the full time nanny to the Collingsworths. If you don’t know who they are, just imagine a super white overprivileged family of fundies and that’s them. Emily just posted on her Instagram and Instagram stories about her difficulties riding in an airplane. She pulled her loose knit turtle neck sweater over her face to use as a mask. ? When the flight attendant told her she needed an actual mask to wear on the flight, she put on her trump train face mask and called them nazis on instagram. She’s a real treat. Oh and her defense was that she already had covid. Of course she did! Because she’s an idiot who won’t wear a mask!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this so I’ll just put it here. 

Emily Ann Reynes is a nanny to the rich fundies in fundieland. She went on vacation with the Bateses to nanny in FL and she’s the full time nanny to the Collingsworths. If you don’t know who they are, just imagine a super white overprivileged family of fundies and that’s them. Emily just posted on her Instagram and Instagram stories about her difficulties riding in an airplane. She pulled her loose knit turtle neck sweater over her face to use as a mask. ? When the flight attendant told her she needed an actual mask to wear on the flight, she put on her trump train face mask and called them nazis on instagram. She’s a real treat. Oh and her defense was that she already had covid. Of course she did! Because she’s an idiot who won’t wear a mask!

So many exclamation points!!!!!! And so many hearts! And so many modest dresses! And she wore her Trump Train mask while she voted!