IGNORED

Trump 45

GreyhoundFan

A good one from Dana Milbank: "Only cauliflower can save us now"

Spoiler

Ronny L. Jackson, the former White House physician who gained instant fame in 2018 for his news conference attesting to President Trump’s astonishingly excellent, surpassingly superlative and supremely splendiferous good health, is back in the news.

The good doctor, whose nomination to head the Department of Veterans Affairs fell apart after a report claimed he was dubbed the “Candy Man” for his freewheeling use of prescriptions, is now running for Congress in Texas. And he spoke to Annie Karni of the New York Times, in more candid terms, about Trump’s health and diet.

Instead of losing weight, as Jackson recommended, Trump slipped into clinical obesity. “The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to,” Jackson said. “But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes.”

Hiding the ice cream, sure. But sneaking cauliflower into the mashed potatoes? Using the buttery starch as a Trojan Horse to sneak nutrition past the presidential defenses? This is genius.

In fact, Jackson may have happened upon a whole new way of getting the results we want out of Trump without all the fuss — through dining-table trickery. Think of the grief it could have avoided in India during Trump’s visit this week.

Trump’s two primary food groups are hamburger and steak, but most Indians object to eating cows. So Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a vegetarian, tried to get Trump to eat his peas — or, rather, his broccoli. During a visit to the Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad, Trump and his delegation were offered a no-meat menu that included fruits, chickpea flour cakes and, infamously, a “broccoli and corn button samosa.”

Big mistake. As a frequent Trump dining partner told CNN before the trip, “I have never seen him eat a vegetable.” Indians reacted in horror that their beloved samosa had been bastardized. And Trump didn’t so much as touch the food.

This international incident could have been avoided with some subterfuge in the kitchen. Modi could have had the samosas stuffed with Impossible Burger or another beef substitute — essentially a beef-flavored pill pocket, for people. Trump would have gobbled up the whole tray, none the wiser. Thus sated, he might even have signed off on a trade deal.

Trump aides have long used other forms of subterfuge to get what they want out of the president, as Post contributor Daniel W. Drezner details in his forthcoming book, “The Toddler in Chief.” Former economic adviser Gary Cohn once stole a letter from Trump’s desk withdrawing the U.S. from a trade agreement with South Korea so that Trump would forget about the letter, and the withdrawal. Cohn also once ended a phone call from Trump by telling him he was “brilliant” and faking a bad connection.

Former chief of staff Reince Priebus delayed Trump’s return trips from weekend golf trips so he would watch (and live-tweet) less cable news. National Security Council officials found that they could trick Trump into reading memos if they kept mentioning Trump’s name. And aides helped persuade him to attend the 2018 NATO summit in Brussels by scheduling time for him at his golf resort in Scotland.

Tinkering with the presidential diet opens a new range of possibilities.

Let’s say, to use a purely hypothetical example, that Trump has taken to attacking a federal judge, a federal jury forewoman, federal prosecutors and even his own attorney general because they haven’t been lenient enough toward one of Trump’s convicted pals.

White House chefs, under the White House physician’s careful supervision, could sneak large amounts of ground turkey — known to be high in calm-inducing tryptophan — into the president’s morning sausages, his lunchtime taco bowls, his afternoon burgers and his meatloaf dinner.

Continuing our hypothetical, let’s say the president’s mood does not sufficiently improve. He begins purging the intelligence community of anybody who has not provided a notarized statement of loyalty to him. At this point, the surreptitious nutrition team might inject megadoses of high-fructose corn syrup into pastries, pizzas, hamburger buns, cakes and pies. After a brief sugar high, Trump would become lethargic, unable to complete the purge.

In a final hypothetical, let’s imagine public-health officials warn Americans to prepare for a dangerous virus, but Trump can’t even spell the name of the virus, and he sides with an economic adviser (one who predicted a “recovery” seven weeks before the crash of 2008) who says “we have contained this.” Even Republican lawmakers are dismayed.

So the Culinary Intervention Agency takes covert action. Highly trained nutritionists load the presidential Filet-O-Fish with capsaicin, a chili-pepper extract. The meal results in a coughing fit, and the germophobic president, convinced he has the unspellable virus, demands a multibillion-dollar mobilization.

The nation is saved — by stealth cuisine.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Of course it's completely legal to use the official POTUS account for political ends... 

... and even if it isn't, he's going to do it anyway, because who's going to stop him?

Edited by fraurosena
merged posts
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Many scholars agreed Trump was guilty of impeachable offenses too, and it didn't prevent him from being acquitted. What makes anyone think these scholars will be listened to now?

• Upvote 7

I hope these numbers are used often in the upcoming election debates, adds, discussions. Because they directly attack Trump's claims of 'best economy ever'.

Edited by fraurosena
I wish there was a way to prevent posts merging (other than waiting 10 minutes)
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

A play that dramatized the text messages between Strzok and Page? Seriously?

• Upvote 5

Yeah, yeah, we know Trump's a moron. But.. what's up with his nose? It looks like the tip fell off and somebody had to glue it back on.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Yeah, yeah, we know Trump's a moron. But.. what's up with his nose? It looks like the tip fell off and somebody had to glue it back on.

Pinocchio surgery?

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

looks like he put his makeup on over a bandaid...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Considering the source, take it for what you will, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. The man is a fucking toddler. 

https://secondnexus.com/trump-ronny-jackson-cauliflower-diet?fbclid=IwAR1SPqILmDSy8cFQdMN7D5DMAaPEgJTDvztfzyONo8_oTEaD0QdXd70W3aA

From well done steaks to taco bowls, some of the most bizarre moments in the political career of President Donald Trump have centered around food.

You can add another moment to that list.

Former White House physician Ronny Jackson confessed to the New York Times that he regretted not fully implementing an improved diet and fitness regimen for the President.

Jackson said:

"The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to. But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes."

Some of Trump's favorite foods include pizza, KFC, meatloaf, cherry-vanilla ice cream, chocolate cake, and McDonald's. He's been known to serve a smorgasbord of fast food at White House receptions for college athletes.

• Upvote 4

He always makes the best deals. For the other party.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

Apparently Trump is speaking at CPAC. Daniel Dale is doing a live thread:

Here is a taste of what he's said so far:

Did you know he believes the Soviet Union still exists?

Such presidential behavior!

• Upvote 3

Some more lowlights from fuck face visiting an American Nazi Party Convention CPAC...

During this year’s CPAC convention, Donald Trump riled the crowd by calling Mitt Romney a “low life” and attacking teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg before hugging an American flag and telling the fabric he loves it.

“I love you baby,” Mr Trump told the flag as he held tight to it, mimicking a move of his that has been mocked the past. He also kissed it.

Mr Trump’s speech in Maryland came at the tail end of the conservative conference, which is held each year and features speakers from across the Republican world.

Whereas the convention was hostile territory for Mr Trump just four years ago when he was still a candidate for the Republican nomination, the event has now turned decidedly in his favour even as he struggled to pronounce words like “alien” and “recidivism” on stage.

I'm to the point where if I had served in the military I would make it clear that if something happened to me I do not want military honors or to have a flag anywhere near my remains.  As far as I'm concerned fuck face and the GOP defiled the flag when they humped it and I can barely stand to look at it anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Some more lowlights from fuck face visiting an American Nazi Party Convention CPAC...

I'm to the point where if I had served in the military I would make it clear that if something happened to me I do not want military honors or to have a flag anywhere near my remains.  As far as I'm concerned fuck face and the GOP defiled the flag when they humped it and I can barely stand to look at it anymore

You know, if any Democrat hugged the flag, Trump would be screaming for his/her impeachment or deportation or excommunication or whatever.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Just had a thought:  Trump needs to keep his base riled up and one of his main techniques is through rallies.  With COVID-19 out there, the number of attendees may substantially drop.  I suspect the Democratic candidate won't have as much of a problem, since I expect a campaign that'll be more fact than emotionally driven.

• Upvote 6

No matter what the question is, Trump will always reflectively point his angry little finger at the Dems.

I'm not being BEC, but he looks absolutely terrible, and worse with every passing day. That man is not well at all. 

• Upvote 5

Fuck face has a sad.

Fuck your feelings Trump.  God knows you and your Branch Trumpvidian dumb fuck groupies said it enough to us. 

• Upvote 4

Is there anyone in America who believes that Trump hasn’t committed some form of tax fraud or evasion in all his years on the planet? And I’m not talking about an accounting or transcription error, I’m talking about something significant.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Is there anyone in America who believes that Trump hasn’t committed some form of tax fraud or evasion in all his years on the planet? And I’m not talking about an accounting or transcription error, I’m talking about something significant.

Wasn’t that already proven? Remember the tax scheme his whole family was involved in that was exposed in 2018 (or was it 2017?) that was the reason why his sister had to retire as judge?

Although, I agree that probably was only the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by fraurosena
Clarity
  • Upvote 6

Sweet Rufus.

• Disgust 12

Trump: says something really dumb on national tv

Gets criticised for saying something really dumb

Trump: I never said something really dumb! Fake News!

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Trump: says something really dumb on national tv

Gets criticised for saying something really dumb

Trump: I never said something really dumb! Fake News!

Comcast covers the situation horribly?

• Upvote 5

On 3/2/2020 at 12:43 AM, Dandruff said:

Just had a thought:  Trump needs to keep his base riled up and one of his main techniques is through rallies.  With COVID-19 out there, the number of attendees may substantially drop. 

Nah. Trump says it's a Democratic hoax and not a big deal, so his humpers will happily head out to jam together into a big crowd. 

The kind part of me would be sad if someone happened to have the virus and infected a bunch of people at a Trump rally. The evil part of me thinks "karma!"

And the part of me that played Cards against Humanity for the first time this weekend thinks "smallpox blankets".

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Nah. Trump says it's a Democratic hoax and not a big deal, so his humpers will happily head out to jam together into a big crowd. 

The kind part of me would be sad if someone happened to have the virus and infected a bunch of people at a Trump rally. The evil part of me thinks "karma!"

And the part of me that played Cards against Humanity for the first time this weekend thinks "smallpox blankets".

I just think "Darwin Award!"

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

The evil part of me agrees with the evil part of you.  I'd like to see the reaction if a large group of Trump-humpers all get sick soon after a rally.

Wonder if Trump is healthy enough to recover from COVID-19, even with maximum, taxpayer-supported health care.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic