IGNORED

Son of Hephzibah House founder speaks out on Dr. Phil

PianoGal

If this is being talked about elsewhere already, I'm sorry for the double topic. I did a quick search, but didn't find anything.

Ben Williams, the son of Ron Williams who founded Hephzibah House, is speaking out against the boarding school and the abuse that has taken place there.

I've fallen down the HH rabbit hole again this weekend, and I'm once again stunned and disgusted by it all. 

I'm trying to find a way to watch the whole show. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 16

I just watched this and then I googled Lucinda (Pennington) the now social worker that was sent to Hephzibah and defends everything the leaders did in this house. Lucinda is still a counselor (MN, per linkedin - Overcomers Counseling Center INC is her company), which is scary. Lucinda seems to be completely disillusion and she thinks spanking is fine and on the Dr. Phil show she says she has shut down foster care and group homes and she is a mandatory reporter but she said she saw nothing wrong at Hephzibah. She wrote a book too - "They meant it for evil". Also looking at her linkedin profile she was a housemother for a baptist church - https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucinda-pennington-2226036b/ Yikes. 

The same google search brought up CNN reports about the house from 8 years ago!! The episode was UnGodly Discipline and done in 2011. This house still exists and abuse is still happening. They interviewed Susan Grotte for the CNN episode- who also appeared on the above Dr. Phil show. UnGodly Discipline also talks about the Pearls and Fairhaven Baptist Church. This is the church - https://www.fairhavenbaptist.org/about/our-history  They have a new pastor but Roger Voegtlin was the pastor and his audio sermon is what Anderson Cooper uses in this report: 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
fixed title of book and added a hyper link to the book
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

My guess is that they have done away with the spanking and vaginal exams in the last few years because they realized they could be charged if they kept it up. But that doesn’t mean it’s still a a good place for children. I’m sure there’s still abuse though. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

A sermon on spanking. W. T. A. F. 

These are not Christian churches preaching Christ, law, gospel, service, salvation. These are groups of desperate people, who have no idea how to think and reflect, and who so sadly have been pulled into the orbits of mean-spirited egomaniacs. 

“A sharp painful blue,” he repeats that to the effect that those words are required by scripture. They’re not even in scripture!  

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I remember first reading about this from a blog post my conservative Calvinist cousin made that criticized Hepzibah House .  https://otrmin.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/bad-hermeneutics-have-consequences/  So even a number of otherwise fundamentalists have come to conclude that they've gone to a harmful extreme . 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Regarding Lucinda Pennington...

1) Overcomers Counseling Center doesn’t exist. It’s a shell she uses to make herself seem credible.

2) Lucinda lost her contract (visitation monitor for children in foster care while seeing their parents) with the state of Missouri. She fired a person named Melissa Clark who worked for her company (not non-profi) and then sued Clark. Lucinda lost hard when she went to court. Lucinda then proceeded to publicly shitpost on social media about the situation & breached confidentiality. The state had stopped using her services when Clark reported Pennington for a number of corrupt practices. But ultimately, sharing confidential info online is how she breached her agreement with the state & what allowed the state to terminate the business relationship. She now lies and says she was too good at her job and claims that’s why CPS destroyed her business. Lucinda will never take personal responsibility for anything she does wrong. However, early on in the time after the State separated from her joke of a business, she made this video in which she admits to the Facebook post.

So much more I could write about the dumpster fire that is Lucinda Pennington. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...

Remove the lies and slander of me or you will be hearing from my lawyer 

You have until this time tomorrow to remove the lies and the posts of me by 11:30central time tomorrow or my lawyer will be sending you information against the lies and slander - I can prove the lies spread here !!! 

• Fuck You 4
  • Bless Your Heart 5
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 21

Love this. @Lucinda's post count is "You're All Going to Hell!"

Also, @Lucinda, just reported your post to the FJ moderators, who I promise, are not shaking in their boots about legal threats. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

OMG, it is not even Friday. @Lucinda do you really have nothing else going on in your life? This is an INTERNET FORUM. No one is removing anything. Move along. Nothing to see here but the cray cray.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

55 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

OMG, it is not even Friday. @Lucinda do you really have nothing else going on in your life? This is an INTERNET FORUM. No one is removing anything. Move along. Nothing to see here but the cray cray.

It’s only Thursday but it’s the year 2020. Be prepared for everything.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 30
  • Love 1

This platform can be sued and those who post lies and slander me - I have won every time I sued - public records check it out 

I could careless if you like me - bash me all day! But when you speak lies and slander I have legal issues with you 

Edited by Lucinda
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 6
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Haha 6

On 1/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that they have done away with the spanking and vaginal exams in the last few years because they realized they could be charged if they kept it up. But that doesn’t mean it’s still a a good place for children. I’m sure there’s still abuse though. 

They are closed 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s only Thursday but it the year 2020

Could not resist:

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

@Lucinda ha because nothing says calm competent professional like ranting about sueing a snark discussion board.

@Curious shake in your boots someone on the internet is calling a lawyer?? 

Also as a social worker (not working in children services)I don't think we are so bad that calling someone one is grounds for legal action

Edited by byzant
Spelling
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

Wow. How narcissistic do you have to be to go Google yourself, dig up a random post in a random place on the internet from 3 months ago, and resurrect it threatening legal action?

The only reason anyone is reading this thread at ALL today is because @Lucinda bumped it up by posting in it. But now it's popular again. Nice job!

(Not nice grammar or spelling though. Or punctuation, either. Very professional.)

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 15

1 hour ago, Lucinda said:

Remove the lies and slander of me or you will be hearing from my lawyer 

You have until this time tomorrow to remove the lies and the posts of me by 11:30central time tomorrow or my lawyer will be sending you information against the lies and slander - I can prove the lies spread here !!! 

I wasn't scared of your lawyer when I emailed you at 11:30pm last night and told you that I would review the post you are complaining about today.   I'm sorry that I need sleep and have a life outside this forum that also requires my attention so your whining about a single post on the internet wasn't the first thing I did when I woke up today.

As I said, I will review the post and do research before committing to any action.  I can tell you this already from the little I did last night (well after normal business hours, I might add).

1. Apparently your lawyer doesn't know the difference between libel and slander.

2. Right on the Guidestar page for your business it says a/k/a Lucinda Grace Pennington LLC

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/46-3936542

So while I wouldn't call it a shell corporation it would be a DBA (doing business as)

3. You didn't "win" the case against Melissa Clark.  You apparently reached a settlement and voluntarily dismissed the case as a result.  Ms. Clark filed a counter-claim as well.  Before the settlement you and Ms. Clark agreed to arbitration.

The court docket for those interested: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6636227/lucinda-grace-pennington-llc-v-clark/

4. You apparently have never heard of the "Streisand Effect."  This thread had no activity for 3 months and when it was posted it was a "current event" as you apparently went on the Dr. Phil Show.   No one would have posted on it again most likely and it would have died a pain free death.  It will probably be "hot" later today because you couldn't be patient and let me get back to you later today.

5. You have way too much time on your hands.   I googled "Lucinda Grace Pennington" and this thread doesn't show up in the first 6 pages.  "Lucinda Pennington" comes up on page 6.  "Overcomers Counseling Center" doesn't come up in the entire 12 pages google gave me.

So now I will finish up the stuff in RL that requires my attention and then I will do what I said I was going to do last night.   Right now, based on what I know and the fact that you have decided to participate on the forum, which you are welcome to do, and give your side of the story so people can make up their own minds and do their own research there is no reason to violate our TOS and Guidelines (which you agreed to when you registered and posted here) and remove the post.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 25

1 hour ago, Lucinda said:

This platform can be sued and those who post lies and slander me - I have won every time I sued - public records check it out 

I could careless if you like me - bash me all day! But when you speak lies and slander I have legal issues with you 

You know, today I am thinking about how George Floyd's life matters. And somehow I just don't think Lucinda Grace Pennington's whining is really what one might call important. Anyone else with me?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 27
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Curious said:

I wasn't scared of your lawyer when I emailed you at 11:30pm last night and told you that I would review the post you are complaining about today.   I'm sorry that I need sleep and have a life outside this forum that also requires my attention so your whining about a single post on the internet wasn't the first thing I did when I woke up today.

As I said, I will review the post and do research before committing to any action.  I can tell you this already from the little I did last night (well after normal business hours, I might add).

1. Apparently your lawyer doesn't know the difference between libel and slander.

2. Right on the Guidestar page for your business it says a/k/a Lucinda Grace Pennington LLC

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/46-3936542

So while I wouldn't call it a shell corporation it would be a DBA (doing business as)

lol - yes I have both a non profit and a for profit sister companies!! But both have their own identities 

3. You didn't "win" the case against Melissa Clark.  You apparently reached a settlement and voluntarily dismissed the case as a result.  Ms. Clark filed a counter-claim as well.  Before the settlement you and Ms. Clark agreed to arbitration.

lol - yes I have both a non profit and a for profit sister companies!! But both have their own identities - good research but understand what it means - lol 

I did win - I was the one who walked away with money and she walked away with her tail between her legs!! So yes I won!! Settled out of court! 

The court docket for those interested: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6636227/lucinda-grace-pennington-llc-v-clark/

4. You apparently have never heard of the "Streisand Effect."  This thread had no activity for 3 months and when it was posted it was a "current event" as you apparently went on the Dr. Phil Show.   No one would have posted on it again most likely and it would have died a pain free death.  It will probably be "hot" later today because you couldn't be patient and let me get back to you later today.

this thread was sent to me by someone who brought it to my attention about the lies and slander 

5. You have way too much time on your hands.   I googled "Lucinda Grace Pennington" and this thread doesn't show up in the first 6 pages.  "Lucinda Pennington" comes up on page 6.  "Overcomers Counseling Center" doesn't come up in the entire 12 pages google gave me.

So now I will finish up the stuff in RL that requires my attention and then I will do what I said I was going to do last night.   Right now, based on what I know and the fact that you have decided to participate on the forum, which you are welcome to do, and give your side of the story so people can make up their own minds and do their own research there is no reason to violate our TOS and Guidelines (which you agreed to when you registered and posted here) and remove the post.

I did not google it - it was sent to me so get off your high horse and do what is right - 

I have a lawyer for my business- do you?? If not go get one if you refuse to remove the slander 

Edited by Lucinda
  • Move Along 4
  • Fuck You 4
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • Rufus Bless 3

10 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

I have a lawyer for my business- do you?? If not go get one if you refuse to remove the slander 

I will be the nitpicky person of the day and say since everything on the forum is perforce written, there is no way anyone here can slander you.

image.thumb.png.b4c05fcd0502beecc53586cab5fdc492.png

Please note slander must be spoken.  I'm sure your lawyer would have explained that to you.  You might be searching for the word libel.  Although discussing someone is more likely to be gossip than libel especially on an internet snark forum.  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

22 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I will be the nitpicky person of the day and say since everything on the forum is perforce written, there is no way anyone here can slander you.

Please note slander must be spoken.  I'm sure your lawyer would have explained that to you.  You might be searching for the word libel.  Although discussing someone is more likely to be gossip than libel especially on an internet snark forum.  

Consequently, a webmaster may be sued for libeling someone by trashing their reputation on a blog, 
Libel slandering can be sued - 

22 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Do more homework and educate yourself- libel slander in written form can be sued 

6 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

Consequently, a webmaster may be sued for libeling someone by trashing their reputation on a blog, 

Do more homework and educate yourself- libel slander in written form can be sued 

Internet Defamation

Internet Defamation is an unlawful practice by which individuals seek to defame or slander others through fictitious allegations that leads to irreversible harm onto one’s reputation.

I have given my request to have the lies removed - final warning 

Edited by Lucinda
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Lucinda said:

ie: I believe in spankings As being okay -

truth:30 years ago It was but not today’s time

Just to clarify. Are you saying have now changed your mine. So at one point you thought it was okay to hit* children, but now you believe that it is never right for adults to hit children? 

Or are you saying that it was okay to hit people 30 years ago but it isn't okay now? 

*Let's not sugar coat it by calling it spanking

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

I’m a lurker but your painful misuse of the words libel and slander are like nails on a chalkboard.  Please, look them up.  Libel slander?   WTF.  

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

Internet Defamation

Internet Defamation is an unlawful practice by which individuals seek to defame or slander others through fictitious allegations that leads to irreversible harm onto one’s reputation.

I have given my request to have the lies removed - final warning 

@LucindaIt's official you are an idiot! You muddled libel and slander but can't even admit that. It's pretty basic stuff for someone who is threatening to sue. 

1/10 for internet threats; bad logic, wrong law and not very interesting.

And for the record a final warning means nothing when you have no standing and are wrong on the facts.

Edited by byzant
Spel
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

And doesn’t a plaintiff have the burden of proof?  I’m really interested in learning how a dead thread has caused irreparable harm to anyone.  It was live for exactly two days in January until a now-defunct user posted once in March that garnered a whopping four reactions.  I had thoroughly forgotten that I’d read the January posts until it was revived today. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6