IGNORED

Son of Hephzibah House founder speaks out on Dr. Phil

PianoGal

Why do I get the sense that "older boys rubbing their hands with glee [i.e., bullies/thugs] at the prospect of teaching a younger smart-aleck kid [i.e., young vulnerable/sensitive child] a lesson" have been raised under the Love and Logic paradigm? 

What a bunch of crap. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, AmazonGrace said:

This is from the Parenting with love and logic book  by Foster Cline. (Courtesy of Google books).

Go ahead and let your five year old be assaulted if you think it has anything to do with either love or logic.

kuva.png.177358742d5a0f688c61bf94d32cc9b2.png

When my daughter was accosted by neighborhood bullies, I called the cops. Now the bullies don't mess with the kid with the crazy mom. Much more natural consequence. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 9:44 PM, Marmion said:

Her accreditation , on the other hand was from the Higher Learning Commission  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_Learning_Commission#Criticism .  So her credentials might not be any more valid than that of my sister , whom has training in among other things pastoral counseling , from a Bible college , affiliated with the Church of God , Anderson , Ind.

I snipped the quote and apologize if someone already pointed this out (I am pages behind) but the HLC is actually the major regional accreditation body in the midwest... Purdue, UofMich, Ohio State, Notre Dame. All the big and little, public and private. In general, it is a reputable accrediting body. The school Lucinda attended, I have no clue on. I'm just familiar with HLC.   https://www.hlcommission.org/Directory-of-HLC-Institutions.html

• 1 month later...

This episode ran on dr Phil yesterday. Had me so curious I decided to google “hephzibah house + lucinda” to try and prove/disprove how she could possibly have a masters degree and work with vulnerable youth. As a Canadian, I forgot how frequent the practice is in the US fundamentalist circles to just make up “universities” and give out degrees in exchange for money and bible verses. On the show Lucinda appeared to genuinely be the product of severe childhood trauma, but clearly hadn’t worked through it even enough to be able to understand/recognize that she was there in the role of supporting/enabling an abuser.

anyway, thanks to all of you who did the research for me! And thank you to Lucinda, who after I got to the post where she said she was leaving and not coming back here made me wonder “how are there 10 more pages of posts if she left...”.... it was quite the journey to see her multiple (myriad?) accusations against other users, defences of her own actions, and again the cycle of saying she had better things to do and was leaving... and coming back again.

and again.

and again.

Barbara Streisand Effect at its best here.

Edited by Marthanetwork
  • Upvote 8