IGNORED

Son of Hephzibah House founder speaks out on Dr. Phil

PianoGal

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'm beginning to think this is just a troll. If it was truly someone concerned about being defamed they would have answered questions and clarified things. Or, you know, just have had their lawyer send a letter. 

I don't think anyone has ever sent us a real bar card numbered letter.  There is a lot of hysterical whining, but virtually no beef in all the complaints we get.  

1 hour ago, Lucinda said:

You do not have to be licensed for a Christian biblical counselor in Missouri wrong again 

So for many of us useless.  I gave Christian Biblical counseling a whirl once.  That was enough.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Curious said:

By biblical principles do you mean 12 steps or something?  It seems like it would be hard to counsel someone without keeping any kind of notes, especially if you have more than 1 client at a time, which presumably you would.

No I use love and logic program - I am more a teacher /counselor 

I only do 3 clients at a time 

• Fuck You 1
  • Sad 1

I have done nothing to any of you so you all can attack me all you want with your lies a bs - I know the truth and have all the documentation to prove the truth - so have at it your not worth anymore of my time 

That's fine.  You're free to leave as you were free to join.  We didn't send you an invitation nor do we hold prisoners.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Would you like to elaborate on your attitude towards CPS ? You sound like you already had some run-ins with them. Do you counsel families or just individuals ? Young people or adults ? What does biblical counseling mean in this context - how do you work with your clients ? Could you give us an example ?

The "love and logic" program you mentioned - is it a method you developed or is it frequently used ? (I have never heard of it.)

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Marmion said:

which incidentally is something that to the best of my knowledge has never happened to any of us before now

We get "demand" or "threat" emails a few times a year.  Usually similar to what happened here, but most people aren't willing to actually post on the forum so it rarely gets out from behind the scenes.

Based on my experience owning FJ and following fundies for years it seems like people are just positive if you can scare or bully them by suggesting you are going to sue them you can get your way.

Having been a paralegal, I had higher than normal legal knowledge when I took over. I also have a very good working knowledge of copyright and DMCA type issues due to my personal online business.  

Frankly the first time I got one of the emails I just laughed because it was so ridiculous.   I will actually tell this story since it's been years and I don't think Sunshine Mary (friend of Lori Alexander) blogs anymore.

She sent me an email from some weird account.  It wasn't a throwaway, but it was some nonsense email addy DEMANDING I take down a photo that she had posted on her blog.   I wrote back and said that I would need a DMCA complaint filled out and then I'd be happy to review it.   She emailed me back and said paraphrasing "but I just told you who I am."

I was like surely you understand that I can't just take the word from some random email address saying that they own the copyright to a picture.   So then she changed the display name to Sunshine Mary (same email address) and starting using subject lines like SECOND WARNING.   She went on and on about having her attorney contact me.  We went around a few back and forths with her escalating the "threats."

Finally I said, that I could not understand why she kept seemingly trying to threaten something that has told her how to solve her problem and would look for contact from her attorney in the next couple days and once I had the DMCA complaint I would review it and remove the photo if it had merit.

Never heard from her again.    That's how most of them go...well not most. All, actually.   It depends on my mood how many emails I'm willing to go back and forth before I just say I will wait to hear from their attorney.

FTR, if someone did contact me and there was a valid reason other than "I don't like you cataloging what I say so that is slander (it's always slander, no one ever says libel, ever) I would take it seriously and remove it.  Even after I correct people they still continue to say slander which is annoying.  Free education, people.  Use it!

Most members are pretty good about not stepping over the line from opinion into legal areas though, which I appreciate :)

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 4

Screw you! Understand that structure! I am fed up with the bs 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

No you don’t know the clients I deal with - they would use their counseling against them because the system is corrupt with what I deal with- 

I am not worried about myself I am covered legally- 

From what I have read , https://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/02/ce-corner , the practice of psychology is not like that of Scientology https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientology-auditing_n_6971680 .  There is confidentiality .  { https://www.counseling.org/knowledge-center/licensure-requirements/confidentiality-or-privileged-communication , https://psychology.iresearchnet.com/counseling-psychology/counseling-ethics/confidentiality-and-legal-privilege/ } 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Okay....

Then what do they do? And what sort of things are you counseling about that would make cps do what they do? 

Watch my videos about cps too much in one thread to explain 

6 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Scientology?? That is evil I don’t practice that - look I have every thing that I need to documented- I am not required to be licensed with what I do - I have all the documentation to prove it 

12 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

Would you like to elaborate on your attitude towards CPS ? You sound like you already had some run-ins with them. Do you counsel families or just individuals ? Young people or adults ? What does biblical counseling mean in this context - how do you work with your clients ? Could you give us an example ?

The "love and logic" program you mentioned - is it a method you developed or is it frequently used ? (I have never heard of it.)

Again watch my videos 

my run in with cps is as a contractor helping parents with their visitations - etc. 

I have helped close 104 cases with cps - everything from TPR, even stoping 9 TPR’s , reunification, adoption 

I have had corrupt cps workers forge documentation and make fake police reports - 

Edited by Lucinda
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

No I use love and logic program - I am more a teacher /counselor 

I only do 3 clients at a time 

Is "love and logic" an actual codified thing like 12 steps.  I would be interested in reading more about it if so.  If not, can you explain in a general sense (obviously) what it entails?    I'm still confused on what makes it biblical, I guess.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

Is "love and logic" an actual codified thing like 12 steps.  I would be interested in reading more about it if so.  If not, can you explain in a general sense (obviously) what it entails?    I'm still confused on what makes it biblical, I guess.

Google it- 

The Love and Logic process includes sharing control and decision-making, using empathy with consequences, and enhancing the self-concept of children. They assert that their methods lead to improved student behavior and achievement. ... Their methods help children learn to be responsible and gain self-confidence.

it is an actual program 

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Curious said:

I don't like you cataloging what I say so that is slander (it's always slander, no one ever says libel, ever) I would take it seriously and remove it.  Even after I correct people they still continue to say slander which is annoying.  Free education, people.  Use it!

In your opinion, do you think any of these people have really contacted a lawyer before contacting you? I don't have a lot of experience with lawyers outside of things like wills, but I would think that a lawyer would at least explain to their clients libel vs slander. 

• Upvote 9

46 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

They are state accredited university!! So you can shove it up your .... 

How sweet.  States don't do accrediation.  Regional councils do.  However, this is what the school claims:

ACCREDITATION

Calvary University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of the Association of Biblical Higher Education. Calvary has a rating of IV-AG in the publication Transfer Credit Practices.

So basically not in the real world outside Bible U type places. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

Google it- 

The Love and Logic process includes sharing control and decision-making, using empathy with consequences, and enhancing the self-concept of children. They assert that their methods lead to improved student behavior and achievement. ... Their methods help children learn to be responsible and gain self-confidence.

it is an actual program 

Thank you.  I will google it.  I didn't want to go off on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what it was if there was no digestible information on an actual program.

From your description it certainly sounds better than the average person we discuss does with their children...seeing them as inherently evil and manipulative needing to be "trained' and "broken."

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

In your opinion, do you think any of these people have really contacted a lawyer before contacting you? I don't have a lot of experience with lawyers outside of things like wills, but I would think that a lawyer would at least explain to their clients libel vs slander. 

Not Curious, but in my life outside fundies, I have a different online presence where I have gotten two valid legal requests.  One I honored and one rejected.  They came in as a real, signed, on letterhead letter from an attorney with a bar number as an attachment to an email with a professional law firm email.   They were professional letters and emails with logic, correct grammar and spelling just like the real world because they were real. 

I also get the usual run that we do here of whining, threats, and hysteria. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I suspect a couple of them *cough*KenAlexander*cough* may have contacted a friend and given a description of a situation like they would on their blog.  So a skewed version that barely resembles the actual situation.  Lawyer friend probably tells them to send a request and because they are bullies to begin with they think bringing up an attorney will make it sound scary.

I'm sure for some people that *would* be scary and they would likely get their way.   I have a unique set of knowledge that they likely haven't run into before since mostly the blogs are other equally under/un-educated folks like themselves.

We did hear rumors that Gwen was going to send a C&D and I imagine hers would have at least looked "official."   I also suspect you are the main reason that never actually happened.  Her folks went scampering back with their tails between their legs after you asked them questions ;)

Let's not forget that time that @Ken threatened to sue google.   I wonder if I can dig that link up.  I laughed for days over that one.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

So it seems like you aren't supportive of LGBQ education at all. It isn't ridiculous to teach children about the diversity of sexuality and it is very concerning that as a counselor what you would say to a trans child or a child who is struggling with their sexuality. Would you just tell them they were confused? What the hell is wrong with children being read stories by a drag queen? What harm could it cause? 

And good sex education is wonderful for lowering teen pregnancy rates. We do not need to remove it. We do need to remove that bullshit abstinence only crap. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So it seems like you aren't supportive of LGBQ education at all. It isn't ridiculous to teach children about the diversity of sexuality and it is very concerning that as a counselor what you would say to a trans child or a child who is struggling with their sexuality. Would you just tell them they were confused? What the hell is wrong with children being read stories by a drag queen? What harm could it cause? 

And good sex education is wonderful for lowering teen pregnancy rates. We do not need to remove it. We do need to remove that bullshit abstinence only crap. 

I do not support LGBT- I have that right to disagree with their teaching - and I don’t deal with it with what I deal with 

Edited by Lucinda
  • Angry 1
  • Fuck You 10
  • Downvote 10
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

I do not support LGBT- I have that right to disagree with their teaching - and I don’t deal with it with what I deal with 

LGBT people aren't TEACHINGS. They are fucking PEOPLE who exist. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 24
  • Love 21

Just now, Destiny said:

LGBT people aren't TEACHINGS. They are fucking PEOPLE who exist. 

If it is not a teaching why do they have to shove it down our throats and put it in our education- I am not going to argue my beliefs on this subject 

• Angry 1
  • Fuck You 12
  • Downvote 12
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 3

34 minutes ago, Curious said:

Let's not forget that time that @Ken threatened to sue google.   I wonder if I can dig that link up.  I laughed for days over that one.

That was a great day.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Lucinda said:

If it is not a teaching why do they have to shove it down our throats and put it in our education- I am not going to argue my beliefs on this subject 

By existing?

No one is asking anyone to be LGBT. Being LGBT can't be taught or caught like an illness.

Recognizing that people different from you exist and treating them decently is the basic minimum of human decency. That's what an education is FOR.

Edited by Destiny
more words. I typed in anger and didn't express myself well, and probably still didn't.
  • Upvote 22
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 20

You clearly don’t know anything about cps and what they do!! 

So... you don’t keep records of your counseling because they could be used against your clients if CPS were to find them. I can’t imagine being a “biblical” counselor exempts you from being a mandated reporter like a real counselor is required to be. Anything CPS would be concerned about with your clients is something you are legally required to report. Pretty sure lawyers will be more concerned about that than whatever... “libeling” you have experienced.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, moustachewife said:

So... you don’t keep records of your counseling because they could be used against your clients if CPS were to find them. I can’t imagine being a “biblical” counselor exempts you from being a mandated reporter like a real counselor is required to be. Anything CPS would be concerned about with your clients is something you are legally required to report. Pretty sure lawyers will be more concerned about that than whatever... “libeling” you have experienced.

I am a mandated reporter and I do report my clients are not exempt 

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Confused 1

I’m sorry, I’m going with troll as well. Someone who is supposedly educated and a published author should know the difference between “your” and “you’re”, and should also be able to figure out where a comma might reasonably go. 
Again - anyone looking for info on this Lucinda isn’t going to care much about the things posted about her after they read the posts claiming to be by her. Those posts make it clear there is no professionalism to be had there. 

• Upvote 21

16 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I’m sorry, I’m going with troll as well. Someone who is supposedly educated and a published author should know the difference between “your” and “you’re”, and should also be able to figure out where a comma might reasonably go. 
Again - anyone looking for info on this Lucinda isn’t going to care much about the things posted about her after they read the posts claiming to be by her. Those posts make it clear there is no professionalism to be had there. 

Lol - the writing police again! I am so glad you are so perfect! But read this - 

I am done with you all! 
Bully someone else! I refuse to be torn down and lied about anymore! I know the facts and truth! So move along! I am done with the bs 

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 11