IGNORED

New Vision Forum Catalog Is Here

Want More Babies

Well, if I remember my history correctly, didn't Peter Bradrick, one of the crown jewels of VF leave his pregnant wife at home with his three young kids to go on a sweaty, manly romp foray through the jungle with his bosom buddy Dougie and 28 other manly men? How exactly does this fulfill the doctrine of "women and children first"? These guys are all just tools trying to stroke their puny egos.

A lot of bloggers link to the site and products ..... even the kinda normal ones. Wonder what the appeal is?

Money. VF has an affiliate program.

Oh my.

I see it is narrated by Joseph Morecraft. Who is this guy? He was all over on Capt. Dougie's European foray.

Twin 2,

You know him, you are just forgetting who he is. See if this jogs your memory. http://foreverinhell.com/wordpress/?p=1278

His wife Becky was at Stacy McDonald's Ladies Tea this year as a guest speaker and also held an online writing class for young girls titled "Mrs. Rebecca Morecraft’s School of Elocution & Composition"

They are milking the Titantic for all it's worth. How much milage can they get out of that one tragedy. Seriously, can't they come up with some other event in which men put women first(well, upper class women, at least)

I'm wracking my brain and I honestly can't think of any other events.

I've commented on this before, but the using of the Titanic tragedy to promote their whole "women and children first" thing just gets under my skin. If Dougie and his toadies are going to keep citing the Titanic, the least they could do is learn the real history of it. How do they reconcile "women and children first" with all the third class women and children who perished? How do they explain this? Well, they don't explain it; they just ignore it, the way they do anything that doesn't conveniently fit their idealized versions of history. This just annoys the living hell out of me! What is wrong with these people to take something tragic like the Titanic and celebrate it the way they do? Such imbeciles! :evil:

I'm going to revise my previous comment to the idea that their "vision" is not just limited to white people, but, more specifically, white people with MONEY. After all, those poor people? They can't buy VF products, so what good are they?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go practice setting things on fire with my mind. :angry-fire:

Incidentally, I thought I'd share this little historical tidbit, because I'm a big nerd and think people might find this interesting. In 1852, the HMS Birkenhead wrecked, and the soldiers aboard allowed the women and children to board the safety boats, since there were not enough. In fact, one of the officers ordered the soldiers to stay aboard when it became clear the ship could not be saved, out of fear that the life boats would be swamped and sink if the order was given to abandon the ship. This is the incident that gave rise to the concept of "women and children first."

Once again, reality is cooler than anything VF could come up with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Birkenhead_(1845)

Incidentally, I thought I'd share this little historical tidbit, because I'm a big nerd and think people might find this interesting. In 1852, the HMS Birkenhead wrecked, and the soldiers aboard allowed the women and children to board the safety boats, since there were not enough. In fact, one of the officers ordered the soldiers to stay aboard when it became clear the ship could not be saved, out of fear that the life boats would be swamped and sink if the order was given to abandon the ship. This is the incident that gave rise to the concept of "women and children first."

I bet that new VF books and products will be in the next catalogs. You've given them ideas, Terrie. :lol:

Quote:

Science. It's a scary word for many parents! With so much information to cover and so many textbooks compromised by evolutionary worldviews and humanistic ideology, finding a comprehensive, biblical, and academically sound science curriculum that is simple for non-experts to teach can be extremely difficult. That's where the God's Design science series comes in. Written by homeschool parents and for homeschool parents, God's Design science curriculum will help you teach science to your children from a biblical, creationist perspective, emphasizing God's handiwork in the world around us.

In this book you will learn how God designed earth as a special place for us to live. Learn about rocks, volcanoes, earthquakes, and glaciers. See how the Great Flood changed the surface of the earth, and why fossils support what the Bible says. This book will help you reveal God’s design for our planet to your child.

And help your children learn science with our Adam and Eve Dinosaur Playset!

Everyone knows Adam and Eve rode around the Garden of Eden on their pet dinosaurs. Now you can re-enact the scientificul fun while being Biblically accurate!

Is that the famous Dr. who never wrote a Ph. D. thesis? :roll: Because you can't, you know, just make shit up in you doctoral dissertation?

I'm sure I've seen a VF book about the Birkenhead pimped at LiaS as a story all boys should know.

"How to Watch a Movie As a Family"

*sigh* I personally know several families who canNOT watch a single film without pausing and criticizing EVERY SINGLE LITTLE STUPID thing they find, that does not agree with their world view. I know families who do not watch movies, at all. (My family actually didn't get a VHS player until I was 12, and we never had TV, at all.)

but I digress....

Dougie is a ego-flated tool that loves to promote himself and the supposed-VF-lifestyle, which isn't as bucolic as they want you to think.

Mrs. Rebecca Morecraft’s School of Elocution & Composition

I remember the ads for that - you've never seen such pompous drivel. It was as if they'd started to read through an alphabetical list of 'useful literary devices for interesting writing' but got bored at 'A', and so never realised that there was anything you could do that wasn't alliteration.

Archived