IGNORED

New Vision Forum Catalog Is Here

Want More Babies

Well, since one of the relatives put me on the mailing list, I just may get one. I did notice that they went with a Titanic-themed "Women and Children First" cover this year.

By the way, I'm starting to notice that even a lot of fundie-lites and pretty mainstream evangelicals are getting into VF. The thought of their philosophy going mainstream is rather scary. There's some pretty dark stuff behind all those peaceful Victorian tea party pictures.

Some of the stuff on that site is kinda weird...

like a family legacies set where the cds tell you =

Series includes:

How to Wage War on Sibling Rivalry

How to Talk about Miscarriage

How to Watch a Movie As a Family

How to Take a Family Road Trip

How to Involve the Family in Hospitality

And 15 additional messages

Well, since one of the relatives put me on the mailing list, I just may get one. I did notice that they went with a Titanic-themed "Women and Children First" cover this year.

By the way, I'm starting to notice that even a lot of fundie-lites and pretty mainstream evangelicals are getting into VF. The thought of their philosophy going mainstream is rather scary. There's some pretty dark stuff behind all those peaceful Victorian tea party pictures.

They romanticize traditional gender roles. Men are all knightly and brave. Women are precious princesses. I think that there is a move in America to look for simple answers to complex problems.

oooo, check this out!

Science. It's a scary word for many parents! With so much information to cover and so many textbooks compromised by evolutionary worldviews and humanistic ideology, finding a comprehensive, biblical, and academically sound science curriculum that is simple for non-experts to teach can be extremely difficult. That's where the God's Design science series comes in. Written by homeschool parents and for homeschool parents, God's Design science curriculum will help you teach science to your children from a biblical, creationist perspective, emphasizing God's handiwork in the world around us.

In this book you will learn how God designed earth as a special place for us to live. Learn about rocks, volcanoes, earthquakes, and glaciers. See how the Great Flood changed the surface of the earth, and why fossils support what the Bible says. This book will help you reveal God’s design for our planet to your child.

Religion class: it's not just for religion class anymore!

oooo, check this out!

Religion class: it's not just for religion class anymore!

:D Seriously, though - their ads for those Jonathan Park videos just annoy me. Even back in the fundie years, YEC never made sense to me.

I think people like the idea of peace as a way of life. VF shows slick images of that very thing. They bottle it for sale. Of course people buy it. (The only things I can think of that would be more popular than bottled peace are water from the fountain of youth or fruit from the tree of life.)

Most people will eventually wise up when VF products fail to deliver the promised results.

They are milking the Titantic for all it's worth. How much milage can they get out of that one tragedy. Seriously, can't they come up with some other event in which men put women first(well, upper class women, at least)

They are milking the Titantic for all it's worth. How much milage can they get out of that one tragedy. Seriously, can't they come up with some other event in which men put women first(well, upper class women, at least)

everytime you write Titanic I see a Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet themed doll - really non fundie!

Dear VF Interns:

Could you please explain to Capt. Dougie, that lots of people died when the Titanic sank. The sinking of the Titanic is not an event that should be celebrated. It makes absolutely no sense as to why this is on the cover a catalog that sells children's toys and "curriculum." Capt. Dougie, VF, and its associated manly men were not there when the Titanic sank and therefore have nothing to do with the people who were saved. Playing dress-up and re-enacting the sinking of the Titanic and re-writing history does not count. As for the "doctrine of women and children first," we all know that Capt. Dougie would have been the first one on the lifeboat, you interns (except for the one he loved the most) would have been screwed. You are replaceable.

Thanks

Twin2

PS: Your boss is a tool.

My sociology book said that while something like 3/4 of the women and children in first class were saved (which still leaves a lot of men kicking chicks out of lifeboats!) most of the steerage women and children died.

Their Titanic worship is just so ghoulish to me.

Ghoulish is exactly the word I was looking for.

(Unrelated confidential to emmiedahl: absolutely LOVE the vintage Y Kant Tori Read cover art!! :D )

While a couple of the items are actually kinda neat (I would have loved the practice throwing knives), you can get the good stuff elsewhere, without supporting a truly nasty organization.

A couple "lovely" products:

Fact vs. Fiction: The Impact of the First Africans on Jamestown

Revisionist spin has long held sway concerning the role of Negroes during Virginia’s founding. The typical explanation given is that greedy, white Europeans enslaved blacks to shoulder the burden of their large plantations.

A book entitled " Redskin and Cowboy"

Anyone else get the feeling that the idealized worldview they offer is just for whitey?

While a couple of the items are actually kinda neat (I would have loved the practice throwing knives), you can get the good stuff elsewhere, without supporting a truly nasty organization.

Revisionist spin has long held sway concerning the role of Negroes during Virginia’s founding. The typical explanation given is that greedy, white Europeans enslaved blacks to shoulder the burden of their large plantations.

Anyone else get the feeling that the idealized worldview they offer is just for whitey?

Oh my.

I see it is narrated by Joseph Morecraft. Who is this guy? He was all over on Capt. Dougie's European foray.

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

I don't even. What the fuck planet are these privileged twatwaffles from that they think that could ever be okay?

Two more titles in the "Christian Controversies" series. I'd love to know how Cpt. Dougie re-writes history on these. VF interns, can you get me a copy of these? I'll sneak you in a Vicotoria's Secret catalog as a trade.

Puritians vs. Witches

What is the Truth Behind The Salem Witch Trials?

Perhaps the godliest group of Christians to populate North America were the Puritans of New England. Yet no group has been more ruthlessly vilified by modern historians, and no subject more misrepresented than their infamous Salem Witch Trials. In this brilliant, scholarly presentation, Dr. Paul Jehle goes beyond the popular rhetoric to expose the truth. He reveals both the wisdom and the failures associated with the Trials, and he makes the case that God used them to lay the foundation for the greatest revival in American history — the Great Awakening.

Christians vs Deists

The Truth About the Faith of America’s Founding Fathers

These days, it is not surprising to hear leading Christian thinkers refer to our Founding Fathers as Deists. In so doing, they mimic the gobbledeegook being spouted by the architects of historical confusion which dominate modern academia. The time has come to set the record straight, and no one is better suited to handle the job than historian and theologian, Dr. Joe Morecraft. Morecraft presents the founders as real men, but men who operated in a distinctively Christian and Calvinistic cultural consensus. He ably rebuts the counter arguments presented by those who oppose the providential view of American history.

Some of the stuff on that site is kinda weird...

like a family legacies set where the cds tell you =

Series includes:

How to Wage War on Sibling Rivalry

How to Talk about Miscarriage

How to Watch a Movie As a Family

How to Take a Family Road Trip

How to Involve the Family in Hospitality

And 15 additional messages

How to watch a movie and take a family road trip? Those are the sorts of instructions that the maxwells would wrote.

I've commented on this before, but the using of the Titanic tragedy to promote their whole "women and children first" thing just gets under my skin. If Dougie and his toadies are going to keep citing the Titanic, the least they could do is learn the real history of it. How do they reconcile "women and children first" with all the third class women and children who perished? How do they explain this? Well, they don't explain it; they just ignore it, the way they do anything that doesn't conveniently fit their idealized versions of history. This just annoys the living hell out of me! What is wrong with these people to take something tragic like the Titanic and celebrate it the way they do? Such imbeciles! :evil:

Two more titles in the "Christian Controversies" series. I'd love to know how Cpt. Dougie re-writes history on these. VF interns, can you get me a copy of these? I'll sneak you in a Vicotoria's Secret catalog as a trade.

So what this was saying is that God used the Salem Witch Trials to make the Great Awakening? all those innocent people who were hanged meant nothing? :shock:

So what this was saying is that God used the Salem Witch Trials to make the Great Awakening? all those innocent people who were hanged meant nothing? :shock:

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that the "controversy" is their innocence.

You read my mind!

Archived