IGNORED

The Mandalorian

47of74

Once again, got something in my eyes...

• 2 months later...

"One of your snot-nosed N-1 jockeys did a fly by on my passenger liner at over 400 knots!"

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched the first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi today.

Spoiler

Poor Obi-Wan.  Having to deal with the Anakin snarkiness and Padmé stubbornness all wrapped up in one ten year year old package.  "More like grandfather."

I do like how Leia called out her cousin for being a general jerk to others.

• Upvote 2

This is the way!  I HAVE spoken! 
580FAA6D-A770-4062-A5E8-A05028DBC885.thumb.jpeg.b27c76b530b9be28e8ebb5dbcdcde8ba.jpeg

D2EB4875-69B8-46E0-AE75-582D09BBE772.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Obi-Wan Kenobi yesterday.  I loved it and thought it was well done and very entertaining.  The final episode was THE SHIT.

I am now going to go on a short rant about pissy Star Wars fans.  

I have had it up to my eyebrows with whiny, petulant Star Wars fans who basically haven't liked anything since Return of the Jedi.  GTFO YOURSELF.  SERIOUSLY.  The level of ownership that people feel with the SW universe borders on unhinged sometimes.  I am part of the original targeted fandom - I was 8 when A New Hope came out.  I saw Empire in the theater like 5 times and I was there on opening day for Return of the Jedi.  My kids grew up playing the games like Knights of the Old Republic and they have all the big visual guides and encyclopedias that detail practically every character who ever appeared on screen.  Don't talk to me about feelings people; I've loved it my whole life, raised my kids on it and look forward to watching them ALL (yes, all, I LIKED Episodes 7-9 thankyouverymuch) with my grandson.  The prequels have even grown on me over the last 15 years or so.  I have seen reviews of Obi-Wan Kenobi online where people said the most awful things about everyone involved, and the racist stuff that people fired at Moses Ingram is just vile, obviously.  

Here's my advice to all the Star Wars Karens.  You don't like what you're seeing? Here are your options:

1. Go to film school, raise money, and make your own fucking fan films.

2. DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT, especially since you're basically hate-watching it from the get-go.

In the meantime, STFU and let those of us who love it all enjoy it without having to defend ourselves.  Step back into reality for a moment and remember that it's ENTERTAINMENT, not a fucking religion.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.  May the Force be with you. 😁

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I finished Obi-Wan Kenobi yesterday.  I loved it and thought it was well done and very entertaining.  The final episode was THE SHIT.

I am now going to go on a short rant about pissy Star Wars fans.  

I have had it up to my eyebrows with whiny, petulant Star Wars fans who basically haven't liked anything since Return of the Jedi.  GTFO YOURSELF.  SERIOUSLY.  The level of ownership that people feel with the SW universe borders on unhinged sometimes.  I am part of the original targeted fandom - I was 8 when A New Hope came out.  I saw Empire in the theater like 5 times and I was there on opening day for Return of the Jedi.  My kids grew up playing the games like Knights of the Old Republic and they have all the big visual guides and encyclopedias that detail practically every character who ever appeared on screen.  Don't talk to me about feelings people; I've loved it my whole life, raised my kids on it and look forward to watching them ALL (yes, all, I LIKED Episodes 7-9 thankyouverymuch) with my grandson.  The prequels have even grown on me over the last 15 years or so.  I have seen reviews of Obi-Wan Kenobi online where people said the most awful things about everyone involved, and the racist stuff that people fired at Moses Ingram is just vile, obviously.  

Here's my advice to all the Star Wars Karens.  You don't like what you're seeing? Here are your options:

1. Go to film school, raise money, and make your own fucking fan films.

2. DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT, especially since you're basically hate-watching it from the get-go.

In the meantime, STFU and let those of us who love it all enjoy it without having to defend ourselves.  Step back into reality for a moment and remember that it's ENTERTAINMENT, not a fucking religion.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.  May the Force be with you. 😁

Yeah I watched it too and enjoyed the episode.  The entire series was good - never got boring and the episodes went by quickly.

That's my biggest gripe too about both Star Wars fans, and Star Trek fans too, is how entitled some of them are and how they bitch endlessly about everything that has happened.  Yeah I wish there were somethings that had been done differently but it's not worth getting too worked up about and it's more enjoyable just to relax.

The Devil made me do this... (don't look if you haven't watched Part VI yet)

Spoiler

comebackffj.jpg.6e3ab61922dddd89a3b750ced8426272.jpg

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I wish there were somethings that had been done differently but it's not worth getting too worked up about and it's more enjoyable just to relax.

PREACH.

I feel the same way about Matrix Resurrections.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I've watched it 3 times now, and the last time through I actually started crying during the exposition scene that showed Neo and Trinity reaching for each other when they were being restored by the machines.  That's the core of those films for me - human love and determination always wins. 

• Upvote 1

grudgeMatch.thumb.jpg.92f37cb3f0569b1c78da5c00c4039f78.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

A9B6C988-CC03-432D-A9E9-CC52223E910B.thumb.jpeg.97e8aeb5e11ecf88feba02b3dda34947.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

55EDC565-C0BF-42BE-8D2A-36F43FB05E76.jpeg.0e5439fa403972ecd33a85564d5ca6d2.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like Andor almost became the first Star Wars production to have a character say that one magical and special word. 

While Star Wars fans had to wait months to see the people of Imperial-occupied Ferrix rise up against their oppressors at Maarva Andor’s (Fiona Shaw) funeral in Episode 12, Denise Gough’s Andor experience started there. “My first day was Ferrix,” she said, recalling her arrival on the eight-acre town built at Pinewood Studios – a living, breathing, industrial planet. “I was given my two Death Troopers – one of whom had to be trained to run like a Death Trooper and not like a musical theatre star – and I couldn’t help myself, I just started doing the [hums the Imperial March]. Then, everyone started doing it.” From the very start, a rebellious spirit was in the air. “Fiona’s voice was over all of us,” Gough says, recalling the finale’s fire-and-fury funeral monologue from Ferrix’s formidable matriarch. “Except, at the end, she didn’t say, ‘Fight the Empire!’ She said, ‘Fuck the Empire!’ Which we were all really excited about. But we weren’t allowed to keep it, obviously.” Even behind the scenes, Andor wasn’t your typical Star Warsshow.

Figures the Mouse wouldn’t approve. 

• 3 months later...

So far enjoying season three of The Mandalorian.  Glad to see Ahmed Best come back to the franchise and help save Grogu.

• 3 weeks later...

Doc Brown meets Star Wars!

908064736_Screenshot2023-04-09at5_08_25PM.thumb.png.e34ac9c1ed058bd0a6c475dce919b1c0.png

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Some of us have been waiting a real long time for this week....

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, 47of74 said:

Looks like Andor almost became the first Star Wars production to have a character say that one magical and special word. 

Figures the Mouse wouldn’t approve. 

Just found this.  Someone selling t-shirts saying fuck the empire in the Star Wars alphabet.

FornicateTheEmpire.thumb.png.fc0fa0f9db725dafab328581491ec312.png

I just wish they had ones that said Fornicate the Empire.

• 2 months later...

Something is really wrong with whoever ordered that...

RebelScum.jpg.0389ad6d3b95280738e2312e7cabdd6c.jpg