IGNORED

The Mandalorian

47of74

• I Have Spoken.
  • This is the Way.

My two favorite sayings for the foreseeable future.

Particularly I have Spoken when dealing with fuck face fan boys.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

“Until it is of age or reunited with its own kind, you are as its father. …This is the Way.”

”You are a clan of two.”

My little cold, black, shriveled up heart just can’t take it!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• 10 months later...

I'm really liking Season 2 so far.  Episode 3 is my favorite episode of the bunch so far.  Important pro tip in the spoiler.

Spoiler

It is not a good idea to lock people in the cargo control area.

• Haha 1

PTV has a fairly active forum on The Mandalorian, although the group culture is different.  Thread drift discouraged, except in the Small Talk areas of each shows forums, and no political discussion except when discussing shows that actually have a political theme or episode.

I thought S2E2 was the worst.  Spiders, so so many spiders, and even the babies were large!  Mama was bigger than the ship!  And Baby Yoda kept eating Frog Lady's eggs, not cool at all.  But that was mostly the fault of the two adults not taking proper care of the travel cylinder or watching Baby carefully.  Good thing Mrs. Frog was apparently able to lay more eggs during her soak in the hot springs.  Worst episode so far, for me.

I didn't realize that S2E3 would be pretty much part 2 of the spiders episode.  Mr. Frog must have jumped (snicker) right on fertilizing those eggs!  I can't say the little tadpole was all that cute, but it's parents seemed pretty taken with it.  Not sure if Baby was so interested because he finally realized that the eggs were the Frog parents potential offspring, but at least he didn't try to eat it.  Mando shouldn't have referred to Baby or the tadpole as 'pets', though.  They're both sentient beings, after all.

I loved the reconverted Imperial walker used to fish his ship out of the water when he slid off the landing pad.

Who knew that Mando is basically considered Mandalorian Fundy?  I guess people who watched the Clone Wars knew, but I didn't.  I didn't realize the three other Mandalorians he found had prominent roles in the Clone Wars series, so I didn't really trust them at first.  I kinda still don't, since they weren't honest with Mando when they talked him into helping them take over the Imperial ship transporting the weapons.

Mando is making things harder for himself by wearing that beskar armor.  I know it's traditional, stronger, and pretty to look at, but since the Empire confiscated all the beskar they could find, it's now incredibly valuable.  He won't cover it up, though.  It would be like denying who he was, who his clan were, and their shared beliefs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

I thought S2E2 was the worst.  Spiders, so so many spiders, and even the babies were large!  Mama was bigger than the ship!  And Baby Yoda kept eating Frog Lady's eggs, not cool at all.  But that was mostly the fault of the two adults not taking proper care of the travel cylinder or watching Baby carefully.  Good thing Mrs. Frog was apparently able to lay more eggs during her soak in the hot springs.  Worst episode so far, for me.

Who knew that Mando is basically considered Mandalorian Fundy?  I guess people who watched the Clone Wars knew, but I didn't.  I didn't realize the three other Mandalorians he found had prominent roles in the Clone Wars series, so I didn't really trust them at first.  I kinda still don't, since they weren't honest with Mando when they talked him into helping them take over the Imperial ship transporting the weapons.

Yeah good thing Indiana Jones wasn't along or it would have been a bunch of snakes.  I know his father didn't like rats.  Didn't someone else really, really dislike spiders in that series?  Mutt, perhaps?

With Baby Yoda having a 2.5 year old niece I actually recognize some of the behavior there because I see it in my niece.  But if the terrible 50s are a thing among his species Mando might be in for a wild ride.  

I actually kind of figured before the episode aired that there were different groups in Mandalorian society of varying degrees of observance and that at least Mando's group was on the fundy side of the spectrum.  Not too much different than here on Earth where in just about every religion there are varying degrees of observance. 

• Upvote 2

I know this is from January, but I just saw it today.  And may I saw, AWWWWWWWWW

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just loved how Grogu responded to Mando calling him by his name! 

Mando sounded like such a proud dad!

I love this show. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

So for Season 2, episode 7: The Believer I was just wondering...

Spoiler

Is anybody else kinda pissed off that Mando took off the helmet? I thought the whole thing was rather pointless. Especially after Mayfeld showed his face to the officer he, not even a minute before hand, was too scared to face. Like, seriously? Mayfeld, kriffing Mayfeld, gets to see Mando’s face before Grogu does! Why? I just thought the whole thing was unnecessary. I get that it symbolizes Mando’s willingness to break the Creed for the Child’s sake but still... it just really bugged me.

7B4F2C02-236B-4FDB-9412-D34853BE4AAA.thumb.jpeg.3c9d769deab2763878758ac32f302e01.jpeg

• Haha 4

Gave my niece one of her gifts early. 

18D5ACC1-16F3-400C-BF86-012AB3B91A2E.thumb.jpeg.91d29c976bde9d9b4ad7da0786657220.jpeg

She really liked her new friend Baby Yoda.  (Yes I know what his real name is but that’s what she’s calling him).  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

And I just watched Chapter 16.

I’ve got something in my eyes now. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Mark FTW. 

• Haha 4

And as awesome as the corridor scene was in chapter 16, it would have been crowning moment of awesome if they had used the Rogue One corridor music during that scene.

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

My niece still really loves her new friend....

niecebabyyoda.JPG.0e04b0dae1a0898195862b175ff9755f.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian due to her utterly atrocious social media posts. She actually compared current political situation of the United States to Nazi Germany.

From the article (this is seriously what she said): 

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,” 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-calls-gina-carano-social-023756897.html 

She has truly screwed herself over. Good luck getting any decent acting jobs now. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Gina Carano has been fired from The Mandalorian due to her utterly atrocious social media posts. She actually compared current political situation of the United States to Nazi Germany.

From the article (this is seriously what she said): 

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,” 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucasfilm-calls-gina-carano-social-023756897.html 

She has truly screwed herself over. Good luck getting any decent acting jobs now. 

Good.  I suppose all the Constitutional Law scholars who graduated from Trump University School of Law will be complaining now about how mean Lucasfilm was to her.  But she has only herself to blame for all this. 

I do wonder what this will do to Rangers of the New Republic since it sounded like she was going to be the main character there. 

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I do wonder what this will do to Rangers of the New Republic since it sounded like she was going to be the main character there. 

I’m wondering about that myself. People are already calling for the character of Cara Dune to be recast. Some suggestions that have been floated by fans include Lucy Lawless, Michelle Rodriguez, and Rhonda Rousay.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I’m wondering about that myself. People are already calling for the character of Cara Dune to be recast. Some suggestions that have been floated by fans include Lucy Lawless, Michelle Rodriguez, and Rhonda Rousay.

It'd be interesting to see.  Wouldn't be the first time it happened that a character got recast.  The Mountain was played by three different actors.  Of course there was also Becky, and before her Darrin.  I guess we'll just to wait and see what they decide to do.

I also heard stories that Lucasfilm could also retool Rangers of the New Republic so that Carson Teva is the main character.

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

It'd be interesting to see.  Wouldn't be the first time it happened that a character got recast.  The Mountain was played by three different actors.  Of course there was also Becky, and before her Darrin.  I guess we'll just to wait and see what they decide to do.

I also heard stories that Lucasfilm could also retool Rangers of the New Republic so that Carson Teva is the main character.

I actually hate it when shows recast characters (I blame the Aspergers), but in this case I think I can handle it. I feel that the character of Cara Dune is important to the show and it would be a shame to have to get rid of her. The character itself has so much potential that I really hope Lucasfilms recasts instead of just axing her completely from the show. 

But I suppose time will tell on that front. 

(On a side note I really want to know what’s going on inside Gina Carson’s head right now. Apparently Lucasfilms even warned her repeatedly in regards to the contents of her social media postings. Her talent agency has dumped her. I also wonder what her costars think.)

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

• 8 months later...

Ooooh....I've got something to watch in December.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

0ED4C26B-C3FB-49D9-AFC5-21C2803490A8.thumb.jpeg.6dabf1ebab403b2401fcbe51092bdf10.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

2F167A1F-FB6E-4011-B446-AF6AA9ED2386.thumb.jpeg.7863638c96f0545d9f339606ffdb2c3f.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wizard!

• Upvote 1

And I got my Baby Yoda fix today!

• Upvote 1