IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

This group just pisses me off. There are skills in the group that could be useful. But they don’t or won’t work within the system. They self deploy, they don’t go to command to get assigned, and do more preening than helping. 

Yes, me too, in a way that few other things do.  And preening is just he perfect word to describe what they are up to. 

There have been horrible tornadoes over the last few days and I was thinking this morning about Lawson's Insta posts at the site of the aftermath of a previous tornado and realized he's basically using the scene of the disaster as a prop, while he, yes,  preens for a photo, and makes sure the photo shows the fake Constable badge sewn on his shirt. 

By the way, one of the morning news shows was rolling footage of the devastation from the tornadoes in the south last night, and the last part showed a big Samaritan's Purse tent set up. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

There have been horrible tornadoes over the last few days and I was thinking this morning about Lawson's Insta posts at the site of the aftermath of a previous tornado and realized he's basically using the scene of the disaster as a prop, while he, yes,  preens for a photo, and makes sure the photo shows the fake Constable badge sewn on his shirt.

To bolded and I haven't looked closely at any photos because it all pisses me off but is the badge really just a badge that says "Constable".   I would think that a constable badge would indicate the county as they are representatives of the jurisdiction.

The preening and "look at me photos" in front of a disaster / sick child / or whatever misfortune he happens to be using as a prop is so tone deaf.  I am waiting for someone to pop into his insta to point this out and not in a polite way.

10 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I also wonder what Zach thinks of his little brother cos-playing a cop. Just because Lawson is a volunteer in a county doesn’t give him authority anywhere else when he is outside of his county he’s cosplaying. 

I  also thought of this.   Lawson is going outside of his jurisdiction and I can't help but think it might be a little embarrassing.   But then again, Zach might be used to being embarrassed by his family.   I still think, along with Alyssa, he was beyond ecstatic to finally escape his parents' home.  

ETA:  If Lawson has any aspiration to get into law enforcement (not saying he does but it would be a next step from being a constable) one thing he will have to learn is to take orders, work with people including people way different from him, and he certainly can't post "look at me" in front of a crime scene. 

Edited by nokidsmom
Addition
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/oct/31/constables-place-law-enforcement-explained/

Article explaining constables in Arkansas 

They are elected by township, serve two years, no or very low pay (like $1 per year), a little training, and same authority as sheriff. A constable can make traffic stops, and arrests and doesn’t have to answer to the sheriff. 
Constable has no authority outside his county.

Edited by Emma
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 11

27 minutes ago, Emma said:

They are elected by township, serve two years, no or very low pay (like $1 per year), a little training, and same authority as sheriff. A constable can make traffic stops, and arrests and doesn’t have to answer to the sheriff. 
Constable has no authority outside his county.

If that's not scary crazy I don't know what is.  It harkens back to  Maricopa County's (Phoenix) ex-Sheriff Joe (Arpaio) setting up a police adjacent volunteer Sheriff's Posse to, basically, terrify undocumented people and Hispanics in general. 

The Guardian newspaper covered this in 2016:  Playing at policing  Power of the county

...the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Posse. The posse is a 1,000-strong force of volunteers who buy their own police uniforms, guns and, in some cases, their own marked patrol cars. For more than 20 years members have served as unpaid auxiliaries for Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a law-and-order showman who styles himself “America’s toughest sheriff”.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I'd love to know what the elder Bates say, or don't say, to Lawson about his current state of utter uselessness.

He's Twenty freaking Seven years old. A 27 year old fundy male should be, in the eyes of many fundy patriarchs, focused on preparing to marry and support a family.  If he still owns a law care business, he never shows it or promotes it on social media.  He seems to release no more than one song a year and seems to have never made any money from a handful of musical appearances. Even if his songs get a decent amount of downloads, there is no way he's making enough to support a wife, much less kids. If he's acquired any property to rent out now and live in later, he's never mentioned it. We know that it is possible for Tennessee constables to make small amounts of money  serving warrants, but they don't get reimbursed for travel expenses, and he can't serve warrants if he's off in the Philippines or Arkansas or whereever for months on end, cosplaying a humanitarian. And he doesn't even preach like his grifter Dad.

There is speculation, but no evidence, that "Medic Corps" is paying him a salary. But we don't see evidence that he "works" for the Corps when he isn't posing next to a sick child or tornado wreckage.

So seriously, manboy Lawson--what is the plan?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

I suspect it's hard for them to say much regarding Lawson in particular since at one point he was the one keeping the family afloat where food was concerned.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@clueliss 

Is there anyway for this thread to be merged into the pre existing MEDICorps thread over in Duggar land ? It definitely deserves its own thread but probably doesn't need two.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I don’t know how non profit companies work in the US but he could be drawing a wage from it. He gets money from the show I suppose and he doesn’t have a family to keep in matching outfits. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Is there anyway for this thread to be merged into the pre existing MEDICorps thread over in Duggar land ? It definitely deserves its own thread but probably doesn't need two.

Link to that thread?

Thanks for the merge.  I had not connected the hurricane debacle with these recent posts. 

• Thank You 1

19 hours ago, clueliss said:

I suspect it's hard for them to say much regarding Lawson in particular since at one point he was the one keeping the family afloat where food was concerned.

I wonder if there is some level of resentment from Lawson, like Jana, for having to give up a lot of his childhood to feed his parents and siblings.  Like I wonder if Jana resents having to mother 16 younger siblings because her parents were too busy patting themselves on the back for their godly large family. 

• Upvote 14

I personally think Lawson would make a wonderful town deputy. He obviously LOVES wearing a gun and badge. Wonder when Zach decided to go into law enforcement?

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I personally think Lawson would make a wonderful town deputy. He obviously LOVES wearing a gun and badge. Wonder when Zach decided to go into law enforcement?

Probably when he found out it would give him a stable job, health care and provide for his family. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yes! Barney Fife lives again! Too bad he’s not funny or sweet, because those were the only things Barney had going for him.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:18 AM, Tangy Bee said:

When Whit looked at him and said “You need a real job!”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

While it's not probable, Zack would have seen the most of Gil working a traditional job and Gil transitioning to working for himself and grifting. Zack may have decided from this that, when he was old enough to marry and have a family, that he would have a more stable job. 

I know there are several people who choose to live as adults in a way completely different from their childhood.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

While it's not probable, Zack would have seen the most of Gil working a traditional job and Gil transitioning to working for himself and grifting. Zack may have decided from this that, when he was old enough to marry and have a family, that he would have a more stable job. 

I know there are several people who choose to live as adults in a way completely different from their childhood.

I think this is a lot of it. I also wouldn't be surprised if he understood that Whitney desired more stability in their marriage after so much chaos in her life earlier on. I don't think she would have done well with the chaos and uncertainty of him not having a real reliable steady job and likely made her oppinions known early on. 

Lawson is a cowboy who likes to play hero but would do poorly in any "real" type of disaster response because he doesn't understand chain of command, has no respect for authority and is more concerned with his social media presence. I'm currently refreshing my CISM training and am interested in disaster mental health and traumatology. I want so badly to have the skill set to volunteer in a disaster zone. Seeing him parachute himself in and immediately start hashtagging fills me with a special kind of anger. 

• Upvote 13

On 4/16/2020 at 6:18 AM, Tangy Bee said:

It happened after he utterly failed to become mayor. He lost by a landslide, it was kind of embarrassing.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

What's especially embarrassing  is that he got pasted by a fellow Republican. 

Didn't he challenge the incumbent, though?  He could totally run again in a few years.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Didn't he challenge the incumbent, though?  He could totally run again in a few years.

Yes, he challenged the incumbent. He's always going to be running against a Republican, though. Their county is red red red. 

• Upvote 7

• 1 year later...

Assorted Bates and Duggars are back cosplaying aid workers, this time in Haiti. Shots of Manly Men with aero plane, and Lawson praying with AirPods in his ears.

This shit they pull with Medic corps makes me more furious than pretty much anything else they do. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSor-oNLStI/

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Assorted Bates and Duggars are back cosplaying aid workers, this time in Haiti. Shots of Manly Men with aero plane, and Lawson praying with AirPods in his ears.

This shit they pull with Medic corps makes me more furious than pretty much anything else they do. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSor-oNLStI/

I can identify Lawson, Nathan and J-D. Any ide who the other guys are? 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

They are not seeing the pearly gates for pulling this shit. 

I hate this especially because Christians (especially white Christians) have a history of blaming Haiti for its issues because of the stigma of Vodou (and its reported use during the Haitian Revolution). 

It's really France colonialism and US imperialism that has prevented Haiti from developing the infrastructure and societal coordination able to withstand earthquakes and other natural disasters. 

Basically, racism and anti blackness is the reason, not worshipping the devil (which does not even exist as a concept in Haitian Vodou)

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic