IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

Unless they are there with crates full of supplies, I hope they get deported. Haiti has been exploited enough without these sanctimonious idiots who are just there for photo ops. If they brought water, food, kerosene, and first aid kits to donate to groups that Haiti has invited to be there and follow directions from Haitians about what is needed I will give them some credit 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

16 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Assorted Bates and Duggars are back cosplaying aid workers, this time in Haiti. Shots of Manly Men with aero plane, and Lawson praying with AirPods in his ears.

This shit they pull with Medic corps makes me more furious than pretty much anything else they do. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSor-oNLStI/

I agree this medic corps is the most infuriating thing they do and of course Haiti is a majority Catholic country so they have to come in with their "right kind of religion". Also they have MEDiC on their shirts. I know very few words in Spanish but can recognize some words (hospital, medic) so a Haitian (speaking Haitian Creole) might recognize a few words in English. Per google translate hospital = lopital & medic = medicaman.

Does the MEDiC corp even do anything with medical help? Haiti's hospitals are over run so people are looking for anyone to help with broken limps and gashes, etc. With big MEDiC across their shirts it makes them look like health care workers. And my guess is they have limited medical ability. My guess they have as much medical training as the average parent - Parent medicine 101.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

If those bozos think they are going to be sitting in the a/c, with running water, clean toilets and Chick-Fil-A for all, they are sadly mistaken. Last earthquake my friend who is a doctor went down to help out. I saw the pictures. People being carried in on doors and then using the doors as surgical tables! 

Many years ago, there was a story on some news show about young boys from Haiti working the sugar cane fields in the Dominican Republic. Back breaking work in exchange for little money, somewhere to sleep and food. This group would take the boys back to Haiti and the boys would turn around and go back to DR. Haiti was that bad. My mother, who was from DR, told me this happened all the time. Now I don't condone child labor at all, but imagine that this is preferable to living in your own country? I don't know how much has changed, but there is a large segment of the Haitian population that works in DR, many women work as domestics. In this country, we don't realize what it is to go really hungry, to have nothing...... even the very wealthy Haitians, and it is not a big percent,  spend a lot of time in DR. My cousin was the head of immigration for DR and would tell us how many people would cross the border. 

So again, if these guys think they will go there and play big shots for Jesus, give it up. Maybe someone will work some voodoo on them and turn one of the Bates boys into a zombie. And yes, that does happen. Haiti is not going to be a walk in the park. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

I thought you couldn't travel to another country without being fully vaccinated. And they've never said if they're good with vaccines. I don't think having had Covid counts, though some people I know were trying to fight for it.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

I thought you couldn't travel to another country without being fully vaccinated. And they've never said if they're good with vaccines. I don't think having had Covid counts, though some people I know were trying to fight for it.

I don't know what Haiti's regulations are. They are probably also so desperate for help at this point that they don't care. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

They need to stop cosplaying as Doctors Without Borders and let the real qualified professionals take care of business.  Haiti is no joke.     

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Just now, HeartsAFundie said:

They need to stop cosplaying as Doctors Without Borders and let the real qualified professionals take care of business.  Haiti is no joke.     

I don't deny anyone bringing supplies to an area that needs it, but it is the way they do it. Stop bragging, just go in drop off supplies, help if you are needed and don't think about converting souls. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, xenobia said:

I can identify Lawson, Nathan and J-D. Any ide who the other guys are? 

Is that Trace on the far right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

No, Haiti only requires a testing fortravelers: https://ht.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

*** The Government of Haiti has announced that beginning on February 9, 2021, it will require negative COVID tests from all passengers prior to boarding flights into Haiti.  These tests must have been taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding and may be Antigen or PCR type. Instead of a negative test, passengers who have had COVID previously may present a positive test together with documentation from their attending physician evidencing their recovery.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

The son of a family friend has been in Haiti since 1997. He builds wells, his wife, who he met there,  is a doctor. He got interested in Haiti through the church we went to, going down as a teen to help build wells.

He is the founder of https://www.haitioutreach.org/donate/?fbclid=IwAR0r9NyyggZuNBxj8oqvpm_7BtvgsuRGM-z0e_lvvVXvDCHA1smrpb4e6-Y  Please look at this webpage.  

thanks. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

Is that Trace on the far right?

Yes.  Looks like 3 Bates boys, JD and a couple of others. 

I just read their goals on their website including what their long term project in the Philippines is.  WTF.  Typical white savior BS.  Dressed up with the chance to play hero. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

50 minutes ago, JMO said:

Yes.  Looks like 3 Bates boys, JD and a couple of others. 

I just read their goals on their website including what their long term project in the Philippines is.  WTF.  Typical white savior BS.  Dressed up with the chance to play hero. 

They better watch it. I have been hearing stories about Haitian gangs taking advantage of the chaos. They wouldn't stand a chance with the gangs. Don't be posing with guns looking for trouble because it will find them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

They are not seeing the pearly gates for pulling this shit. 

I hate this especially because Christians (especially white Christians) have a history of blaming Haiti for its issues because of the stigma of Vodou (and its reported use during the Haitian Revolution). 

It's really France colonialism and US imperialism that has prevented Haiti from developing the infrastructure and societal coordination able to withstand earthquakes and other natural disasters. 

Basically, racism and anti blackness is the reason, not worshipping the devil (which does not even exist as a concept in Haitian Vodou)

The US wouldn't be the country is it today if Great Britain had demanded the former colonies pay for their freedom. Haiti couldn't build an infrastructure or set up government services when most of every tax dollar went to France (and after a refi, the USA).

The Behind the Bastards podcast, which recently featured bastard Josh Duggar, has great episodes on Haiti as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

At least they aren't flashing side arms like they did in 2020. 

The first MEDIC Corps response team is in Haiti now evaluating, assessing, , and responding

That twin engine plane likely cost in the high six figures. Who footed that? And the cost of aviation fuel to fly there.  Where will they get the aviation fuel to fly home?  WTAF.  They radiate guys with money; terrible idea to flaunt that in Haiti. 

When they get to Haiti and deplane, then what? Call Lyft or Uber to get where they need to go to evaluate, assess and respond?  I expect they are high maintenance wherever they go. 

And by the way, "evaluating, assessing, , and responding"  are empty words.  Absolutely empty.  I suspect they are trying to assert themselves into ongoing rescue efforts without getting their hands dirty.

I just checked out their web site and I still can't figure out exactly what they do.  It's all very vague.  Do they have medical staff and what is needed onboard to stabilize severely injured patients while evacuating them in their fancy plane? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

I hate that so many Christian missionaries like to cosplay medics on desperate people’s lives. There is so much abuse that goes on in the global south by white Christians coming to “save them”. It’s also not a coincidence that most of their victims are black, poor, unhoused, disabled, etc..

They look down on them and don’t even see them as human, just some project for their own egotistical religion. Of course, this is all rooted in imperialism and white supremacy 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

I want to smack those AirPods out of Lawsons ears so bad emoji31.pngemoji38.png

thread title lol 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I’m watching NBC nightly news and they just played a clip of volunteers carrying and injured person evacuated from a mountain village from a helicopter to the ambulance that will carry them to the hospital. One of the volunteers was wearing a Medic Corps t-shirt, but I couldn't tell/didn’t recognize who he is. The reporter also mentioned a large donation of supplies from samaritans purse 🤔

In other news, I’ve been encouraging my family to donate to MSF/Doctors without Borders. They do good work, are already well established in Haiti, and don’t care what anyone does on Sunday mornings.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I’m watching NBC nightly news and they just played a clip of volunteers carrying and injured person evacuated from a mountain village from a helicopter to the ambulance that will carry them to the hospital. One of the volunteers was wearing a Medic Corps t-shirt, but I couldn't tell/didn’t recognize who he is. The reporter also mentioned a large donation of supplies from samaritans purse 🤔

In other news, I’ve been encouraging my family to donate to MSF/Doctors without Borders. They do good work, are already well established in Haiti, and don’t care what anyone does on Sunday mornings.

dont worry no need to recognise them from that, I am sure they will plaster it on their social media soon enough. we will get it from there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t there a legitimate company with a name very, very similar to “Medic” Corp? 

MediCorp? Something incredibly similar.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

MediCorp? Something incredibly similar.

I thought so too, but when I search for it, I find other organizations called Medicorps, but not a medical disaster relief organization. There is one called International Medical Corps. 

• Upvote 1

pretty sure I heard Nathan Bates interviewed on NPR today in a story about Haiti. I was at work and there was a lot going on so it took me a moment to realize why the name “Nathan Bates” was familiar…I can’t find the story now, although honestly haven’t looked that hard. I couldn’t hear what he said, but it was at least a couple of sentences. 

3 minutes ago, SoConfused said:

pretty sure I heard Nathan Bates interviewed on NPR today in a story about Haiti. I was at work and there was a lot going on so it took me a moment to realize why the name “Nathan Bates” was familiar…I can’t find the story now, although honestly haven’t looked that hard. I couldn’t hear what he said, but it was at least a couple of sentences. 

Was it this interview?

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/18/1029004594/the-haitian-city-of-les-cayes-is-struggling-to-recover-after-earthquake

I love NPR but this is not the crossover I want to see.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic