IGNORED

The Personhood Amendment

Ridiculous

I'd hate to be the person that lets the liquid N (the ultracold refridgerant) get low on the storage tanks in MS... you could wipe out several "thousand" people at once.

As far as outlawing stem cell research, let'em. It'll just drive the business to more progressive states (and countries)

You should see what WI did in a new building- no joke- they have a huge building that is nothing but embryonic stem cell research. But here's the genius part- they learned from when Shrub was president. Half of the building is public-funded, the other half private funded. If any other dolt declares the cell culture is now human and is not allowed Federal funding, the people on the publicly funded side move their now illegal cell culture flasks to the other half of the building. Then it's legal again.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how are they supposed to know when fertilization has taken place? Mandatory pregnancy checks? I mean, it's not like you feel it when it happens, and don't a large percentage of pregnancies end in miscarriage before the woman even misses a period? Are they going to start doing tampon checks? Come on!

I actually heard a story on NPR about these types of amendments, and they had a lawyer point out that it would have ramifications way beyond health type issues - for example, if a fertilized egg is a person, can that person inherit property in the event of a family death? Can a woman be prosecuted for child abuse if she has a cup of coffee or a glass of wine before she knows she's pregnant? Does a pregnant woman then count as two people for carpool lanes? Is the fertilized egg counted in the census?

While I don't *like* abortion, I'm very pro-choice and VERY pro-birth control. A law like this scares the bejebbers out of me. Wish the folks trying to pass this law would spend time trying to figure out how to feed, clothe, and get medical care for the kids in our country without access to any of that. If no child went to bed hungry, if no child was abused, and if all children had what they needed in terms of medical care, education, etc etc - sure, then we'd have time to debate silly ideas like making eggs people too. But not now.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Tea Party Princess who is blowing up my Facebook feed with stories about the wrongness of abortion posted a few weeks ago that she should not have to pay taxes because her kids aren't criminals and she doesn't send them to public school.

So, when *do* they stop caring about the babies? When they need someone to pay for their formula and diapers, that's when.

Archived