IGNORED

Devil's Pond Movie

fundiefun

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/devils-pond

I was flipping through the tv channels and came across this movie on lifetime movie network called "Devil's Pond". It's about a young woman who was recently married to what she thought was the man of her dreams. He convinces her to go on vacation with him to a secluded island and once there he holds her captive by chaining her to his house. His reasoning was overly major paranoia bordering on insanity that he wanted to raise their future kids their safe from the evils of the world and that he never wanted her to leave him. It had a good ending and I think it's coming on again for those of you interested. For some reason when I watch movies about paranoid abusive husbands or boyfriends who have a major fear of their wives or girlfriends leaving them I can't help, but think of fundie men. I know their are some crazy men in this world who are capable of such a thing to. I can't help but wonder how many of these fundie bloggers are truly help captive by abuse either physically or emotionally and pass it off as their husband's "protecting" them from the evil's of the world. For some reason when I see movies like this I can't help but tie it to fundamentalism is anyone else this way?

Archived