IGNORED

Dillards 77: Sex Advice from Smoochie Sweetie Sweet Muffin

Georgiana

Also, I find it very ironic that Smuggar gives the disclaimer to not take any photos or videos, etc. and like the intro to the wedding. ack. what a memory. Just a preview y'all (and if youre watching and cant stand his voice please skip to 51 minutes into the video)

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

Okay, who's going to take one for the team and watch the dullard's full wedding video they just posted on their website and recap it for us?

Not enough money in the world.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

At an hour and 18 minutes in, you can see Michelle trying to scold Josie from afar for licking her chalk board sign, then JB says something to her and she gets her creepy keep-sweet smile on. Camera then cuts to Josie licking the sign and the chalk writing is all messed up now.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 10
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Do they all have a covident marriage or just Jill and josh? 

Josh does not have a covenant marriage. Those aren’t offered in Florida, where he and Anna got married. The only ones I remember explicitly stating they had covenant marriages are the Dills and Benessa. I wouldn’t be shocked if the others did too, though I’m not sure about J’Abbie as they married in Oklahoma. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

I had really high anxiety last week And used some extra hours to leave early on one really bad day. We don’t keep snacky food in the house, but I had a ramen packet. I wanted crunch, so I ate it uncooked. First time I’d done that in years and years! I like to break it up while it’s still in the package and then lick the end of a clump of ramen and dip it very lightly in the seasoning so you just get a taste of it.

honestly, every time I’ve resorted to dry ramen has been during a mental health crisis. Still, it’s not the worst thing ever and I know with some kids you have to pick your food battles wisely.

• Upvote 18

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

We don’t keep snacky food in the house, but I had a ramen packet. I wanted crunch, so I ate it uncooked. First time I’d done that in years and years! I like to break it up while it’s still in the package and then lick the end of a clump of ramen and dip it very lightly in the seasoning so you just get a taste of it.

I really like dry ramen too, will try the dip maneuver, thanks!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Josh does not have a covenant marriage. Those aren’t offered in Florida, where he and Anna got married. The only ones I remember explicitly stating they had covenant marriages are the Dills and Benessa. I wouldn’t be shocked if the others did too, though I’m not sure about J’Abbie as they married in Oklahoma. 

Yes, so-called covenant marriage* is only legal and legally binding in Arkansas, Arizona, and Louisiana.  All it really boils down to is:  you must have premarital counselling, you must have marriage counselling if you want a divorce, and you agree to limit the grounds on which you can ask for a divorce,  "No fault" divorce is off the table legally.  But then not off the table if you move to a state other than Arkansas, Arizona, or Louisiana.

*It slightly pisses me off that Fundies grabbed onto the word "covenant" on linguistic grounds, because all marriages are technically  covenants.  Covenant simply means an agreement.  And any number of denominations insist on premarital counselling if you want a religious wedding and marriage counselling if you want a divorce but still want to continue as a church member.  Some churches are still going to frown on secular divorce on any number of grounds.

It is really only some Fundies wanting their marriage "covenant" vows to sound super-special and better and more Godly than yours. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I've never eaten ramen noodles dry and I have never heard of anyone I know doing it either. Sounds weird to me and not something I'd eat but it's not the worst thing in the world either. My boyfriend's son is the same age as Izzy and I probably wouldn't give him that as a snack, I'd either cook the noodles or give him something else. 

My favourite ramen noodles at the moment are the smart price ones from Asda, they are cheap but I prefer them to super noodles and the Maggi's ones. I do like to add my own spices and herbs to the noodles as well or hot sauce if I have any. Now searching cupboard for noodles.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I had really high anxiety last week And used some extra hours to leave early on one really bad day. We don’t keep snacky food in the house, but I had a ramen packet. I wanted crunch, so I ate it uncooked. First time I’d done that in years and years! I like to break it up while it’s still in the package and then lick the end of a clump of ramen and dip it very lightly in the seasoning so you just get a taste of it.

honestly, every time I’ve resorted to dry ramen has been during a mental health crisis. Still, it’s not the worst thing ever and I know with some kids you have to pick your food battles wisely.

As the mom of a 2.5 year old, I can not stress enough how true that last sentence is. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I seem to recall Joy snacking on dry ramen noodles at one point or another on the original show.  Naturally , Jill has transferred this from her sister mom kids to her own kids.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

If my kids wanted something crunchy, I'd give them chips, crackers, or a cucumber... something they could chew. I don't get dry ramen noodles, but....each to his own.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I like Ramon ?‍♀️ I don't eat it frequently but it's not like every now and then will hurt you either. I have never tried it dry. I make it like soup and put it over mash potatoes. My son is almost 2 and has tried it and he liked it. If I'm eating it he will too but he eats EVERYTHING. His favorite is Olive Garden soup and salad lol 

• Upvote 7

Dry ramen baffles me but I do like it cooked every now and then...the chicken kind with a squirt of ketchup and splash of dried tomato vinegrette in the soup and it’s delish.

horrifies my kids.

• Upvote 3

Is the wedding video unedited? Are there any good bits that got chopped for TLC? 

Instant ramen makes me think of my old roommate that used to live on them but never wanted to wash the pot after cause she swore that it wasn't really dirty. This was the beginning of me hiding my pots in my closet. And led my other roommate to throw all of dirty roommates pots into her room when she left a mess in the kitchen and then went away for the weekend. Fun times. If I had known eating the noodles dry was a thing I would have suggested it to her.

• Upvote 5

5 years for them huh? That's how long I've been baffled by the fact that all this money spent on having 1000+ guests but the bride and groom have atrocious fitting clothes

• Upvote 4

So far into the beginning part with the prelude music and people finding seats and greeting each other and talking. I see the Swanson family. I see the Bates family; a bit scattered. I see Michelle's oldest sister. I see another family that we've talked about their blog; last name starts with S I think. Very close to the Wilkes family but to my knowledge there isn't an intermarriage between them yet(?) I see the Seewald family. And I see Deanna, but at that time she was still married and I don't see her husband. Trying not to jump to conclusions; maybe he was just trying desperately to stay out of camera range? After all I only got to about 25 minutes so far. Dan and Josh occasionally compare notes; I guess to see who goes where or what happens next.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

That first kiss is even more awkward than I remember.

I feel like TLC did a decent job editing to make the ceremony space look a little more intimate. This footage looks like they're getting married in a big, bland college lecture hall.

Ramen: My almost 3 year old, who used to eat absolutely everything and the kitchen sink, has been going through a picky stage for the past month. Plain ramen noodles, without the seasoning packet, is on the list of about a dozen things she'll eat right now. I tried giving her just plain spaghetti noodles for lunch today and she was not fooled. It's gotta be ramen noodles or nothing. 

• Upvote 11

On Jill's latest instagram, she and her headship are on a getaway. Anna comments that Jill looks 'classy' and Im seriously befuddled on why she would say that. They're just sitting in a car in a casual clothes eating fast food. Am I missing something...?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

On Jill's latest instagram, she and her headship are on a getaway. Anna comments that Jill looks 'classy' and Im seriously befuddled on why she would say that. They're just sitting in a car in a casual clothes eating fast food. Am I missing something...?

It’s Anna.  Either she doesn’t know what words mean or a messy plate of food from Sonic with a guy in a t-shirt is the height of elegance.

Either is equally plausible. 

Maybe just Jill wearing a sleeveless top is akin to an evening gown to her.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, so-called covenant marriage* is only legal and legally binding in Arkansas, Arizona, and Louisiana.  All it really boils down to is:  you must have premarital counselling, you must have marriage counselling if you want a divorce, and you agree to limit the grounds on which you can ask for a divorce,  "No fault" divorce is off the table legally.  But then not off the table if you move to a state other than Arkansas, Arizona, or Louisiana.

*It slightly pisses me off that Fundies grabbed onto the word "covenant" on linguistic grounds, because all marriages are technically  covenants.  Covenant simply means an agreement.  And any number of denominations insist on premarital counselling if you want a religious wedding and marriage counselling if you want a divorce but still want to continue as a church member.  Some churches are still going to frown on secular divorce on any number of grounds.

It is really only some Fundies wanting their marriage "covenant" vows to sound super-special and better and more Godly than yours. 

I don’t like our government getting into adding extra legalities for religious beliefs.  If they want an extra legal contract let them hire lawyers and do it civilly.  Or just vow to it within their faith ...why do they need our legal system to help make it harder to divorce?  

It bothers me on principle.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

32:07 to 32:30 is very amusing. Oh, and Mr Wilson is there, and wearing some kind of heavy brace around his neck. Something to do with the cancer? The music is beautiful. The Duggar kids are shown in flashes. Ben walks back and forth too. David and Priscilla are there with, I think they just had Philip at the time, and she was pregnant with Davia. That's all I see of Anna's family, but the rest of them, if there, likely were hiding from the cameras. Mostly white people, but there's smatterings of black and Asian people, and even some who could pass for a white-Asian mix. 38:19 - 32:32 is another amusing scene. Zach and Whitney are wearing matching hot pink. Ok, 44:44 shows Deanna talking to someone, and an old lady to one side, and the other side isn't shown, so her now ex-husband/Amy's dad could've been sitting beside her then.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, so-called covenant marriage* is only legal and legally binding in Arkansas, Arizona, and Louisiana.  All it really boils down to is:  you must have premarital counselling,

Did they have real marriage counseling, I mean outside of the heckling about debt (JB): "what would you do if you had one car and it broke down?" (Derick) "I wouldn't go in debt", (JB) - some other likely scenario. (Derick): "I WON"T GO INTO DEBT."

Can the parents talking to them be considered premarital counseling? I wonder if they have to submit proof or just check a box on the marriage license application.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Bobology said:

Did they have real marriage counseling, I mean outside of the heckling about debt (JB): "what would you do if you had one car and it broke down?" (Derick) "I wouldn't go in debt", (JB) - some other likely scenario. (Derick): "I WON"T GO INTO DEBT."

Can the parents talking to them be considered premarital counseling? I wonder if they have to submit proof or just check a box on the marriage license application.

They may have, but had the parental thing for the cameras. No REAL marriage counsellor would want REAL counselling sessions to be filmed so there's no solid proof. But one marriage prep book DOES have in it questions to ask your parents in that process.  I would think that the counsellor(or pastor; we had our pre-marital counselling through our officiating pastor, and at least Jill and Derick had a REAL pastor marrying them) would have to sign the form.

• Upvote 8

• Georgiana locked this topic