IGNORED

Dillards 77: Sex Advice from Smoochie Sweetie Sweet Muffin

Georgiana

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

If Heaven is real then it better include animals. 

The most comforting thing I was ever told about this is that Heaven is perfect, and it could not and would not be perfect without animals. I choose to believe this wholeheartedly.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 16

@VelociRapture i agree my pup got me through being homeless, my husbands deployments, post partum depression, and so much else! I feel like he has earned I spot in heaven way more than most people haha. 

Edited by Daisy0322
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 25

I too completely believe all animals go to Heaven too. I know our three dogs, the bunny and hamsters my brother and I shared are all waiting for us in Heaven along with my family who are happily enjoying the afterlife together with all of their pets.  I know my mom's been watching my brother's and my pets since she got to Heaven taking over from my grandparents, because she would insist on it do it herself for her kids. 

• Love 16

The only thing that gets me through knowing that I will need to say goodbye to FurryMay one day is knowing that my grandfather and his doggos will be waiting for him to hang out with him and keep him company until I get there. 

I'm pretty sure they will love each other just as much as I love them. 

• Love 16

The thought of going to the Pearly Gates and meeting:

frogs: Green bean and Buddy

snakes: Mystery and offspring

guinea pig: Matilda

cats: smoky, rufus, bypass, valve, artemis, aphrodite, Bandit, HEctor, Indiana

dog: Lawrence

fish: too many to name....

aCK!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

My sweet old lady will likely be headed toward the rainbow bridge soon... in her own time.  I’ve had her for 16+ years though and she’s been through a lot with me.  She’s not the type to be sitting and waiting for me when I pass.... she’s an independent soul who will have had many adventures to pass the time.

unrelated, Jill needs to cut her unkempt, unhealthy hair. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11

15 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

@VelociRapture i agree my pup got me through being homeless, my husbands deployments, post partum depression, and so much else! I feel like he has earned I spot in heaven way more than most people haha. 

My MIL's dog Doodles saved her after her mom died. She is a caretaker and HAS to have someone to care for. Doodles had health problems but she lived for about 13 years, sadly the day after the 1 year anniversary of her daughter's death, Doodles died. Oh geeze it was awful.  We all tried to be around as much as possible but she was getting annoyed with all the attention and she kept saying she didn't want another animal she was done with them, she's 78 now and just can't keep up.  All that, but one of her (5) sons came over about 3 weeks later with a puppy he got from someone at work, and said either she takes it or it is going to the shelter and good knows what will happen to it there. The poor pup has a bum leg, and is cute AF and my MIL, like we knew she'd do, snatched the dog and threw her son out of the house.  LOL, Jumba, her new pup, has 1 leg shorter than the other 3 but is healthy otherwise and full of energy and so cuddly and lovable, and completely doted on by his new human. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 25

2 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

My sweet old lady will likely be headed toward the rainbow bridge soon... in her own time.  I’ve had her for 16+ years though and she’s been through a lot with me.  She’s not the type to be sitting and waiting for me when I pass.... she’s an independent soul who will have had many adventures to pass the time.

unrelated, Jill needs to cut her unkempt, unhealthy hair. 

My 16 year old cat is in her last days. Makes it hard to go to work when she wants to cuddle. Not sure she'll still be alive when I get home. So hugs to you and yes, they'll probably come by once we're in heaven to let us know that they never see the bottom of the food bowl there, so we're not really needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 35

I just saw Jill's story with Izzy eating dry ramen noodles, and asking people if they wanted some now (with a distinct majority answering no)... Which makes me wonder if that's something that's actually eaten in the US? Or elsewhere? Like a meal or snack? I'm from South America and I was taught it was unhealthy and a BIG no-no, but Google didn't really help me with this question ? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jooosefina said:

I just saw Jill's story with Izzy eating dry ramen noodles, and asking people if they wanted some now (with a distinct majority answering no)... Which makes me wonder if that's something that's actually eaten in the US? Or elsewhere? Like a meal or snack? I'm from South America and I was taught it was unhealthy and a BIG no-no, but Google didn't really help me with this question ? 

God no.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, Jooosefina said:

Not unheard of. I think it's weird. But I have heard of it enough times and in enough random cultural situations to give it a pass.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

....I used to eat dry ramen noodles.  They're pretty delicious if incredibly unhealthy.  The top ramen beef flavor are best to eat dry, IMO.

I was considered a weirdo for eating ramen dry.  It certainly is not common.  But people do it, because I was introduced to it by a friend!

I'm one of those who believe animals sometimes come back to earth in many forms to continue to watch over their humans...and then pass to the afterlife when their service is complete, which may take (human) generations.  I guess animal spirits are closer to guardian angels to me, but there is one cat in particular I don't think will ever be able to pass on to the next life until I am there or close.  When he leaves this furry body, I think he'll turn back up in a new one so he can continue to watch out for me with his superior feline wisdom.  

I don't necessarily feel that way about my dog or other two cats, but Fatty will be back again and again until I go too.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 14

Dry ramen was a HUGE thing when I was in elementary school. I thought it tasted gross, but didn't have the sense to just, you know, not eat it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

I've eaten my share of dry ramen even though I'm 64.  It's not a sodium bomb if you eat it dry.  It's those seasoning packets that drive the sodium content up.

All this talk of pets in the afterlife makes me want to see The Three Lives of Thomasina again.  I loved that scene where Thomasina goes to cat heaven, only to be sent back.  

Lori, McGregor, the "witch" that lives in the Glen knows that Thomasina is not quite dead, but only mostly dead and nurses her back to health.  

• Upvote 1

I'm very guilty of eating dry packs of ramen as a teenager, when I was too lazy to boil some water in the kettle and then wait a couple of minutes for it to be ready... ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

I have eaten dry instant ramen on multiple occasions.

But I wouldn’t feed it to my preschooler...

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Not unheard of. I think it's weird. But I have heard of it enough times and in enough random cultural situations to give it a pass.

After reading the responses I apologize for answering no.  Clearly I was wrong.

i haven’t been shocked in a while, but this did it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

I don't eat dry ramon, but I do love to munch on dry spaghetti noodles from time to time... they are similar.  

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I have eaten dry instant ramen on multiple occasions.

But I wouldn’t feed it to my preschooler...

I wouldn't either.  I think it might be a choking hazard.  It's definitely not an easy texture for little kids to handle.

@Queen Of Hearts, dry ramen is probably easier on the teeth than dry spaghetti noodles.  I've eaten my share of those as well.

ETA:  @Four is Enough,  I love the names of your critters, especially the cats!  They are so creative.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3

I don't like them DRY but I like them made with very little water and warm so they are just softened but still hard and crunchy, if that makes sense.   There was a side dish that I have had in years that was basicly like an "Asian" coleslaw, with Ramen noodles broken into bits and mixed into it, it is really really good. 

• I Agree 5

Okay, who's going to take one for the team and watch the dullard's full wedding video they just posted on their website and recap it for us?

I'm currently skimming through it, but i dont have time to type a whole recap. however, spoiler alert if I've got my fundie families right, I'm pretty sure in the first few mins as guests are arriving we see Lauren's family enter and pretty sure a young Lauren (Josiah's) is spotted at about 5:20ish. lol. For those who are more familiar with the different fundie fams I bet you'll have a lot of fun spotting them in the crowd as they enter. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• Georgiana locked this topic