IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

THIS A MILLION TIMES!!

It is kind of like sayings like this I see on FB - imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e71918502318_godquote.jpg.4faa066a2db17965971baeb35eb2b94c.jpg

I hate these types of quotes. It is basically saying God is an asshole and giving certain people a lot of difficulties and micromanging our lives. I don't believe in that kind of God. 

You have no idea how much this pisses me right the fuck off. What blessing? Where's the fucking blessing in what we're going through right now. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 10

38 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

You have no idea how much this pisses me right the fuck off. What blessing? Where's the fucking blessing in what we're going through right now. 

Exactly! My nephew has a rare form of MD, my sister, BIL and the rest of the family get to watch my lovely nephew slowly loose all his skills. He used to go the bathroom by himself....he hasn't done that in years, he is only a teenager. My friend has a 2 year old daughter with a very rare brain defect and she has been in the NICU way too often. And of course your husband and his diabetes and cancer. 

I hate these types of motivational BS platatudes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 11

@quiversR4hunting Its not that I "love" your comment, I'm sending you and your family and your friend love and peace. Bullshit like this is not a blessing, it's utter, total and complete suckage. My heart hurts for your family and friend.

Life just sucks sometimes...unfortunately it's been years of suckage around here. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you tell my how long day camp is each day and how many weeks it lasts. 

The number of weeks varies every year. There is normally one BIG week where out of town members travel which generally coincided with Desert Oasis (Gwen’s Summer Weight loss seminar). If I remember correctly, the normal hours were 8-3 and I think you could pay extra for a later pick up time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I hate fundies that act like trauma is a blessing in disguise and smile for pictures at funerals.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I hate fundies that act like trauma is a blessing in disguise and smile for pictures at funerals.

if anyone brings a goddamn camera to my husband's funeral I swear to God I will insert it into their anal orifice sideways.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

Gwen Shamblin Lara needs divine guidance before walking on the stairs because on her own she can't work out which way is up and which way is down 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190620-125357.thumb.jpg.2a1fc04c2afa3692f40433f5dd91cae7.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen Shamblin Lara needs divine guidance before walking on the stairs because on her own she can't work out which way is up and which way is down 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190620-125357.thumb.jpg.2a1fc04c2afa3692f40433f5dd91cae7.jpg

What is her deal with needing God’s help with clothes?? Even at the height of my holier-than-thou-uppity-Christian phase, I never asked God to help me pick out what I was going to wear. I guess she’s passively aggressively telling us that if we don’t like how she dresses, blame God, not her, b/c He picked it out!!! ??

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Tuesday’s Child said:

What is her deal with needing God’s help with clothes?? Even at the height of my holier-than-thou-uppity-Christian phase, I never asked God to help me pick out what I was going to wear. I guess she’s passively aggressively telling us that if we don’t like how she dresses, blame God, not her, b/c He picked it out!!! ??

She obviously needs to blame her awful taste on someone.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I’m picturing the Duggar clan grinning like idiots at Jubilee’s service.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

When my Grandma passed away, we did take pictures and we smiled.  However, we spent much of the lunch reminiscing about the things we loved about her--her cake decorating, her sense of humor, funny things she said.  Yes, she is gone, but she gave us so many memories we could use for comfort, too.  No casket pictures, nothing intrusive.  

As for Gwen's clothing choices, she reminds me of a well-loved Barbie doll whose owner tried to cut/style her hair way too many times.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

I am Christian, and I do believe God can bring good from evil and good from bad.  I believe there will come a day where all will be made new.  

Having said that, though, I can relate to the question, "Where's the blessing?"

My dad died of ALS four weeks before my wedding.  He never got to see me get married or walk me down the aisle or get to meet either of his grandchildren (my sister had a baby about two years after our dad died.). I still do not understand why circumstances happened in that way.  I still have my times when I get angry at God for allowing that to happen.  

Saturday will be the tenth anniversary of a rollover wreck that killed two members of our congregation.  One was a 51-year-old mother of two that had just gotten her master's in speech pathology--and by "just", I mean, they were on their way home from the ceremony.  (She'd done long-distance study and had gone to the physical campus in another state to be part of the graduation ceremony.)  The other was her 15-year-old son.  He was killed instantly.  She died three days later.  The father and another child were also in that accident, and they walked away from it.  

That year, we went thought five months in a row where five members of our congregation of around 1000 died.  The first two were the ones I mentioned.  We also lost a member to brain cancer, a 39-year-old woman to leukemia, and a 14 year old to suicide.  Where the "good" is in all of that, I can't necessarily find.

Edited  to add:. Even though I have the faith that all will be made new, it does not stop me from being angry about the circumstances and questioning God at times.  But I also believe that God is big enough to take my anger and my pain.  I wish Christians were comfortable enough to both express their anger and pain and also to listen to others' anger and pain without judgment.

Edited by fransalley
Added a few more sentences.
  • Love 14

Everything reminds me of God. I can remember what it was like when everything reminded me of food. I thought about food all the time. But once I turned my attention from food to God, my prayers were answered more and more. 

This isn't healing from an eating disorder. It's trading one obsession for another. Some people need to trade an unhealthy addiction for a healthy one. But Gwen Shamblin Lara has made religion into another way to control and abuse which is exactly what many drug/food/sex addicts do. 

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen Shamblin Lara needs divine guidance before walking on the stairs

That's beacuse she needs god to hold onto her giant head so she doesn't topple over.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, 3splenty said:

As for Gwen's clothing choices, she reminds me of a well-loved Barbie doll whose owner tried to cut/style her hair way too many times.

I think her hair looks like a Barbie was brought into the bath tub!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think her hair looks like a Barbie was brought into the bath tub!

Frizzy hair and a head filled with water.

• Haha 10

On 6/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does anyone know more about RF day camp? I’m just wondering if anyone gets paid? It looks like a lot of work to me and I’m wondering if it’s all volunteer based. I’m leaning towards no one gets paid but I want to ask in order to be sure.

I’d also like to know ... how many people are on actually on the Remnant/Weigh Down payroll? Gwen claims not to receive a salary (though surely she gets something for her books, etc).

David Martin? Tedd Anger/Candace Anger? Kent/ Regina Smith? Eldon Gormsen? Michael/Elle Shamblin? BB/Miley Barcus? Jenni Mendl?

• Upvote 4

What I always dislike is when people say that a tragedy such as death is “God’s will”. To me, that makes God sound like an asshole, particularly if it concerns a miscarriage/stillbirth/a child. I actually watched “A Duggar Loss” on YouTube and I just remember Michelle saying “the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.” Like God said “hey, I’ll give you a baby... NOPE!” 

I suppose if you’re telling yourself it’s God’s will that’s one thing, but I’ve heard stories about strangers saying it to grieving people, which is just so wrong IMO. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

No devotional today. Maybe God couldn't work writing Gwen Shamblin Lara's devotionals into his schedule. 

• Haha 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

No devotional today. Maybe God couldn't work writing Gwen Shamblin Lara's devotionals into his schedule. 

I hope God doesn't have time for her forever. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, sajetime said:

I’d also like to know ... how many people are on actually on the Remnant/Weigh Down payroll? Gwen claims not to receive a salary (though surely she gets something for her books, etc).

David Martin? Tedd Anger/Candace Anger? Kent/ Regina Smith? Eldon Gormsen? Michael/Elle Shamblin? BB/Miley Barcus? Jenni Mendl?

Also curious about this.

It's ridiculous for her to say she doesn't take a salary. Maybe RF doesn't cut the check, but RF fills the WD classes and buys the WD books, and WD most certainly cuts a check. The members are expected to use WD classes and her books in small group studies and youth group, making sure all members own all of her works... and she's definitely getting those royalties.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, OperationSunshine said:

It's ridiculous for her to say she doesn't take a salary. Maybe RF doesn't cut the check, but RF fills the WD classes and buys the WD books, and WD most certainly cuts a check. The members are expected to use WD classes and her books in small group studies and youth group, making sure all members own all of her works... and she's definitely getting those royalties.

Bill Gothard always made a big deal about how he only got paid a tiny bit, which was technically true. But he, and what I bet Gwen does, did was have the ministry support his lavish lifestyle. 

I hope Gwen gets the Bill treatment and ends up alone and in poverty.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Gwen finally got around to mentioning Abraham and she had a whale of a time working out how to tie him into her agenda. Anyway it's perfectly logical if you're Gwen:

Abraham had a son who had a son who had a son who went to Egypt. God is a bit slow so it took him 430 years to realize that all humans are not exactly like Abraham.  God produced a set of laws to guide them until Jesus could come into their hearts and the law was no longer necessary. This is why you need to ask Gwen if it's okay to eat yet.

Spoiler

The Outside Force – The Law

June 22, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

God started fulfilling the promise to Abraham by giving him a child named Isaac. Isaac’s son was Jacob, later called Israel. Jacob fathered Joseph, whom God sent to Egypt where he became second in power only to pharaoh. Through circumstances under God’s control, the entire family later moved to Egypt, where this family of 12 brothers grew in number. After they had been there 430 years, God realized that this large crowd of descendants of Abraham did not have the same heart as Abraham. They had strayed away from the pure heart of their forefathers. God said He would establish a law—an outside force—that would serve until the inside force (Christ in one’s heart) was established. If God had not imposed an outside force, they might not have made it until Jesus came. The Apostle Paul wrote, “What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed (meaning Christ) to whom the promise referred had come.” Galatians 3:19a

The law was a guardian until Christ came and showed us all how to receive the Holy Spirit of God. Likewise—you no longer have to have an outside supervisor telling you everything to eat, drink, and do. You can use your own conscience (the Holy Spirit) and your own heart and hunger and fullness to guide you from within.

• Haha 9

54 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen finally got around to mentioning Abraham and she had a whale of a time working out how to tie him into her agenda. Anyway it's perfectly logical if you're Gwen:

Abraham had a son who had a son who had a son who went to Egypt. God is a bit slow so it took him 430 years to realize that all humans are not exactly like Abraham.  God produced a set of laws to guide them until Jesus could come into their hearts and the law was no longer necessary. This is why you need to ask Gwen if it's okay to eat yet.

Reveal hidden contents

The Outside Force – The Law

June 22, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

God started fulfilling the promise to Abraham by giving him a child named Isaac. Isaac’s son was Jacob, later called Israel. Jacob fathered Joseph, whom God sent to Egypt where he became second in power only to pharaoh. Through circumstances under God’s control, the entire family later moved to Egypt, where this family of 12 brothers grew in number. After they had been there 430 years, God realized that this large crowd of descendants of Abraham did not have the same heart as Abraham. They had strayed away from the pure heart of their forefathers. God said He would establish a law—an outside force—that would serve until the inside force (Christ in one’s heart) was established. If God had not imposed an outside force, they might not have made it until Jesus came. The Apostle Paul wrote, “What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed (meaning Christ) to whom the promise referred had come.” Galatians 3:19a

The law was a guardian until Christ came and showed us all how to receive the Holy Spirit of God. Likewise—you no longer have to have an outside supervisor telling you everything to eat, drink, and do. You can use your own conscience (the Holy Spirit) and your own heart and hunger and fullness to guide you from within.

How can she write this and not see how dumb it all sounds ? I like @AmazonGrace‘s summary MUCH better ?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

I don’t know about you guys, but Gwen Shamblin Lara likes to be the outside supervisor telling you everything to eat, drink and do.

• Upvote 7

• Curious locked this topic