IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 7: I am the Potato Chip of Life

HerNameIsBuffy

most of you know me as the daughter of Gwen Shamblin Lara

Any mention of the dad, or is this another of those holy spirit deals?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

the magnetic pull of the refrigerator, or the prison of food. You were presented with the picture of the Thin Eater, or the person who feels no magnetic pull to food.

This is the third, possibly fourth, devotional that includes the "magnetic pull". Each time Gwen mentions it, I imagine her giant bubble hairdo is magnetized and she gets stuck to the fridge.

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why are others able to go through the buffet lines and remain in control

Gwen would be really proud of me because I can't eat at a buffet. For some reason the sight of massive quantities of food is unappetizing to me. Ditto Thanksgiving dinner or any other meal with large amouts of food. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 4

Shit she’s been dressing kids like this for decades. It’s amazing how Michael looks like his dad and Elizabeth looks like Gwen. Those two siblings look nothing alike. 

A16FF1B1-90B9-473B-8E21-A0CBCFBC10E0.jpeg

I will be honest here, I just don’t think she can successfully take over looking as thin as she does. People from the outside looking in won’t think her weight is a good thing. People on the inside may be used to her thinness. But outsiders won’t be drawn in by her unless they have some of their own issues with weight. 

17AABD9F-E480-478A-8E44-86A7C18BFABB.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 5

Elizabeth is so very thin that she makes the thin members of RF look large in comparison.  Imagine being overweight (a little or a lot)  and being next to her.  A person would feel like an enormous blimp.  Maybe that's the point.

That latest wedding announcement -- Rylie Jost is the son of Remnant Royalty. Score one for the newbie. (sarcasm font here).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Wow that picture of Elizabeth is the most strikingly underweight I've ever seen her.  She was a normal/healthy weight back when I was in Remnant.  I hope she gets help from outside the Remnant ASAP. 

It makes me sick to imagine Elizabeth dying from anorexia-related complications.  I feel confident that Gwen would get up on stage in front of the whole cult and spread fake news about the true cause of death--because that's exactly what she did last time.

After Josef Smith was beaten to death, Gwen started misleading the Remnant members almost immediately. Gwen found a doctor-for-hire willing to testify that Josef died due to sepsis from a skin infection, and she spread this crackpot theory during every church service.  I also remember Gwen telling us Remnant members another fake theory that some of Josef's extensive bruises and internal injuries probably happened during CPR or while being strapped into the gurney for a Life Flight. 

Well, I read the autopsy report, and frankly it sounded like a pretty slam dunk murder case with more than one finding that could only reasonably be from child abuse.  Sepsis or resuscitative trauma would not explain all of the traumatic findings, particularly all of the head trauma. I'm glad the jury correctly believed the doctor who performed the autopsy and ignored Gwen's hired goon of a doctor. 

A child was abused to death in Remnant, and all Gwen Shamblin did was constantly dispense fake news to her cult members and spend money to try and make all the bad publicity go away. One can only imagine the bullshit Gwen would sell the Remnant members if Elizabeth dies from complications of anorexia. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 14
  • Love 1

Anybody could become anorexic if they believe eating is devastation and destruction.

Spoiler

Focusing on What God Wants Energizes You!

June 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The magnetic force toward food is a lot like the gravitational force that we have toward Earth. With enough thrust and force, you can fly above the pull of the food. Focusing and determining and then obeying the will of God is the lift and the thrust to rise above—to be liberated! Focusing and then obeying what God wants is energizing spiritually and physically—you will find much more energy if you do not focus on what the flesh or the earthly nature wants. The focus on what the sensual desires want is devastating. Philippians 3:17-21 says:

Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Your daily and hourly practice will be to refocus off of your sensual desires and onto your eternal destination. Every time your mind wanders to food (head hunger), quickly take it off and ask God to help you focus on Him or His will and long-term goals—not short- term pleasures. Leave the kitchen, go to your room, and open God’s Word. Eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full is so easy when you focus on what God wants.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I feel like this is a bizarre way of introducing yourself.

Hi I'm AmazonGrace and my mom is supercool.

Are we sure that Elizabeth is actually writing this ? I wouldn’t be surprised is Gwen was writing this under her name . 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shit she’s been dressing kids like this for decades. It’s amazing how Michael looks like his dad and Elizabeth looks like Gwen. Those two siblings look nothing alike. 

A16FF1B1-90B9-473B-8E21-A0CBCFBC10E0.jpeg

I will be honest here, I just don’t think she can successfully take over looking as thin as she does. People from the outside looking in won’t think her weight is a good thing. People on the inside may be used to her thinness. But outsiders won’t be drawn in by her unless they have some of their own issues with weight. 

17AABD9F-E480-478A-8E44-86A7C18BFABB.jpeg

This is scary. We joke about Gwen on here, but seeing this picture of Elizabeth is a very sobering reminder that she’s in desperate need of help. This photo is painful to look at. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

Are we sure that Elizabeth is actually writing this ? I wouldn’t be surprised is Gwen was writing this under her name . 

That’s a trick question! Yes, Elizabeth is typing it. But brainwashed people never write anything original. Gwen is in her head. So sure Elizabeth is typing it, but Gwen is the author.

• Upvote 10

Obviously Elizabeth can't be known for anything but Gwen Shamblin Lara. Her entire life seems to have always revolved around her mother and her mother controlling her. I feel incredible sad for her. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Obviously Elizabeth can't be known for anything but Gwen Shamblin Lara. Her entire life seems to have always revolved around her mother and her mother controlling her. I feel incredible sad for her. 

I agree. It is sad. From what I remember, Elizabeth dropped out of college and never finished. I think she left when controversy over Gwen’s teachings/trinity was happening because of the “ persecution”. Once she dropped out she has been fully involved in weigh Down and Remnant and then her family which is still fully WD/RF. I feel sad to know that her whole life is and has been that cult. She knows nothing else it would seem. 

For any RFers reading here, think about that. The person in CHARGE of the youth group has no real training to lead your children and to teach them. How is Elizabeth supposed to teach and help your children? ALL she knows is remnant. Doesn’t that scare you atleast a little? 

• Upvote 15

Also for any Remnant members reading this to think about:

Multiple times, Gwen has given sermons on Joshua 2.  In Joshua 2, a small group of Israelites was sent in as spies in order to scout out the land God had promised to give them. They were almost caught, but a local prostitute named Rahab helped hide the Israelites and then lied to their pursuers about what direction the Israelites had gone.  In the book of James, it is said that Rahab was good because her ends (saving the Israelites) justified her means (lying), even though lying is normally a sin.  Gwen says those verses mean it is okay to lie as long as you are lying in order to protect God's people or God's kingdom.  

Gwen has stated on camera multiple times that those Bible verses mean that lying is okay in order to preserve the Remnant.  Would this include lying to the Remnant members themselves in order to prevent a mass exodus from the Remnant due to a child abuse scandal, or for any other reason? Would this include lying to police officers? Lying about Elizabeth's health? Draw your own conclusions.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1

To the RF escapees on this forum - have any of you seen Elizabeth smile with her mouth open? A genuine big smile that reaches her eyes and shows her teeth. 

• Upvote 2

I looked at Elizabeth's blog and looked at the pictures.  She looks so bad, she is obviously unhealthy and looks worse in each picture.  She looks like she is basically skin and bones, and that's just in the pictures of her.  When she is with someone else in the picture, it is even more startling.  As thin as she is, as unhealthy as she is, to me she does not even look like she's able to BE alive.  In my opinion, she essentially looks like a skull with a very thin membrane for skin.  She does not look like a very tall woman, but is it my imagination or is she shrinking?  The way that an older person does as the lose bone mass due to age?  Her bones can't be very healthy or strong.

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Wow that picture of Elizabeth is the most strikingly underweight I've ever seen her.  She was a normal/healthy weight back when I was in Remnant.  I hope she gets help from outside the Remnant ASAP. 

It makes me sick to imagine Elizabeth dying from anorexia-related complications.  I feel confident that Gwen would get up on stage in front of the whole cult and spread fake news about the true cause of death--because that's exactly what she did last time.

After Josef Smith was beaten to death, Gwen started misleading the Remnant members almost immediately. Gwen found a doctor-for-hire willing to testify that Josef died due to sepsis from a skin infection, and she spread this crackpot theory during every church service.  I also remember Gwen telling us Remnant members another fake theory that some of Josef's extensive bruises and internal injuries probably happened during CPR or while being strapped into the gurney for a Life Flight. 

Well, I read the autopsy report, and frankly it sounded like a pretty slam dunk murder case with more than one finding that could only reasonably be from child abuse.  Sepsis or resuscitative trauma would not explain all of the traumatic findings, particularly all of the head trauma. I'm glad the jury correctly believed the doctor who performed the autopsy and ignored Gwen's hired goon of a doctor. 

A child was abused to death in Remnant, and all Gwen Shamblin did was constantly dispense fake news to her cult members and spend money to try and make all the bad publicity go away. One can only imagine the bullshit Gwen would sell the Remnant members if Elizabeth dies from complications of anorexia. 

It's comments like this one that show how irrelevant the devotionals are. Gwen Shamblin Lara is hyper focused on not saying anything that might make her look bad. In reality her devotionals are a drop in the bucket compared to what we already know and what ex-RF can tell us. Many of us read the reports and testimony in the Josef Smith murder but it takes on a new level of scary cult to read that she stood up at a church service to argue her case to her congregation. No amount of damage control or google tactics can erase that.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

To the RF escapees on this forum - have any of you seen Elizabeth smile with her mouth open? A genuine big smile that reaches her eyes and shows her teeth. 

If you look at pictures of her from 10 years ago, she looks beautiful! She's a healthier weight, has a bright smile, and full hair. 

images (1).jpg

Gwen_with_Children_and_their_Spouses_and_Grandchildren_2008.jpg

Edited by OperationSunshine
Added Pictures!
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Gwen with the Reader's Digest Word of the Day:

Spoiler

How to Get Answered Prayers

June 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Answered prayers are given to those whose hearts are “abiding” in Jesus. In I John 3:21-22 it says, “Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.” I could write a whole book on examples of answered prayers; not that every prayer results in people getting what they pray for, but there is a definite correlation between answered prayer and wholehearted obedience to God. Just as you seem to have more cooperation from your spouse when you have put his or her needs first, it is true with God also. It is just common sense.

One vocabulary word that you need to know is the word “Triangle.” It is wrong to grab for things in your life, and it is right to look to the Heavens for all things that you want. A common behavior is… “I see it, I want it, I get it,” like a child grabbing a toy. Another example…“I want my husband to help around the house, so I will nag him until he does.” When someone does not know how to get answered prayers and blessings due to obedience to God, they feel desperate and they feel the need to take care of themselves, so no wonder you see desperate behaviors anywhere from tears to outbreaks of controlling anger, boasting, bragging, theft, road rage, co-worker sabotage, revenge, etc. But the Bible says that God does not want us to grab or take revenge because “revenge is mine” says the Lord.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him some- thing to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21

I agree that Triangle is an useful word to know

triangle

noun

tri·an·gle | \ ˈtrī-ˌaŋ-gəl

\

Definition of triangle

1 : a polygon having three sides — compare spherical triangle

2a : a percussion instrument consisting of a rod of steel bent into the form of a triangle open at one angle and sounded by striking with a small metal rod

b : a drafting instrument consisting of a thin flat right-angled triangle of wood or plastic with acute angles of 45 degrees or of 30 degrees and 60 degrees

3 : a situation in which one member of a couple is involved in a love affair with a third person

What it has to do with Gwen's devotional I don't know.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

16 hours ago, Briefly said:

I looked at Elizabeth's blog and looked at the pictures.  She looks so bad, she is obviously unhealthy and looks worse in each picture.  She looks like she is basically skin and bones, and that's just in the pictures of her.  When she is with someone else in the picture, it is even more startling.  As thin as she is, as unhealthy as she is, to me she does not even look like she's able to BE alive.  In my opinion, she essentially looks like a skull with a very thin membrane for skin.  She does not look like a very tall woman, but is it my imagination or is she shrinking?  The way that an older person does as the lose bone mass due to age?  Her bones can't be very healthy or strong.

Surely, someone—her husband, a friend, Elle (Erin), her dad—has said something!!! Who can stand by and not notice her wasting away? This is extremely upsetting to me. You’re exactly right, she looks like an older person. Her posture, her frail frame, her hollow face...like a little old lady. I hope this isn’t one of those situations where something tragic happens and then people realize “oh crap, we could have helped her.” But that’s unlikely, since they are blindly believing Gwen about the Smith case. ?????

• Upvote 3

On 6/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, sajetime said:

They just got engaged that very minute and the wedding date had already been cemented in frosting? Before she even said yes?

There are so many weddings happening in the church that the wedding organizing group have asked the grooms-to-be to pick a wedding date when they know they’re going to be proposing in the near future. That way, you don’t have to wait a whole year to get married because you waited too long to pick a date.

(No, the bride to be has no idea what date was picked beforehand and she just has to roll with it)

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

I could write a whole book on examples of answered prayers

Oh, Gwen, please do this!  Let's start with a list of your financial assets.  ?

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

3 : a situation in which one member of a couple is involved in a love affair with a third person

I saw what you did there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, OperationSunshine said:

If you look at pictures of her from 10 years ago, she looks beautiful! She's a healthier weight, has a bright smile, and full hair. 

Those pictures, compared to the recent ones are sobering, and show a ... decline ... change ...  not sure of the right word. She doesn't really look like the same person.

Former Rf-ers --  any thoughts what changed in Elizabeth's life (or in Remnant Fellowship itself) to cause the drastic unhealthy weight loss, which seems to be ongoing? 

Edited to add:  I could ask the same question about Gwen.  She looks so much better in the 2nd photo.  Her hair is relatively normal and she doesn't appear as skeletal thin.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...no wonder you see desperate behaviors anywhere from tears to outbreaks of controlling anger, boasting, bragging, theft, road rage, co-worker sabotage, revenge, etc. But the Bible says that God does not want us to grab or take revenge because “revenge is mine” says the Lord.

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him some- thing to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 

What does any of this have to do with eating? Nothing. Gwen Shamblin Lara is mad! She doesn't like it when people remind her that she financially backed a convicted murderer. And she also doesn't like it when former RF say anything about what happened behind closed doors. Not to worry though, Gwen's god is a also a low rent hitman and we will all pay. She's just gonna sit back and wait for us all to be afflicted with ingrown toenails and pinkeye.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Curious locked this topic