IGNORED

Yellow Pocket Angel Eggs

47of74

Sex in a pan is also called better than sex cake, except at my grandfather’s church where they call it better than Robert Redford cake.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

I remember an early episode of the show where they were having a ‘cook out’, and either JimBoob or Josh referred to hot dogs as ‘tube steaks’. 

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Check out this gem

Reminds me of this thread:

The Truth or Bare Fashion Test still exists, but with older models, and no more references to Grandpa’s mirror, “future cleavage,” or “bellies are intoxicating and we need to save them for our husbands.”

• WTF 5

@allthegoodnamesrgone,  I noticed that that kindergartner had a lovely smile on her face wearing the dress that her grandma made her. The smile was gone in the picture with the shirt. 

@bal maiden,  I've heard other people refer to hot dogs as tube steaks.  Some might use it because they won't say weiner.  

• Upvote 1

Growing up and even today, we referred to hot dogs as "wieners". or the mini ones "hot wienes" The daschund dogs were referred to as "wierner" dogs. Deviled eggs were called deviled eggs. By the way people, deviled eggs with a bit of bacon or smoked salmon= amazing. Deviled food cake was always addressed as devils food cake..

Oh by the way, my family are Christians too.

• Upvote 5

The wiki page for deviled eggs says 

"In parts of the Southern and Midwestern United States, the terms "stuffed eggs", "salad eggs", and "dressed eggs" are used instead."

Tbh, citation needed there, as I consider myself pretty familiar with the Midwest and I've literally never heard this outside of fundie blogs. 

But it goes on to say:

"The term "angel eggs" has also been used in association with fillings with less fat and cholesterol."

So... at least they didn't invent the term? I'm 100% certain their version isn't low-cholesterol, though.

• Upvote 4

Maybe MicHelle should start calling herself MichHeaven?

Also, tube steak sounds really dirty to my ears.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The wiki page for deviled eggs says 

"In parts of the Southern and Midwestern United States, the terms "stuffed eggs", "salad eggs", and "dressed eggs" are used instead."

Tbh, citation needed there, as I consider myself pretty familiar with the Midwest and I've literally never heard this outside of fundie blogs. 

But it goes on to say:

"The term "angel eggs" has also been used in association with fillings with less fat and cholesterol."

So... at least they didn't invent the term? I'm 100% certain their version isn't low-cholesterol, though.

I'm from the midwest and have only ever heard them called deviled eggs. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I'm from the midwest and have only ever heard them called deviled eggs. 

As am I. I think even my relatives in the south called them deviled eggs.
  • Upvote 3

People magazine actually did a write up on the "yellow pocket angel eggs" that the Duggars called it. I can't post a link because I'm on tablet.

How the 'mighty' have fallen. From front covers about weddings and babies to this. ?

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

People magazine actually did a write up on the "yellow pocket angel eggs" that the Duggars called it. I can't post a link because I'm on tablet.

How the 'mighty' have fallen. From front covers about weddings and babies to this. ?

Here it is. 

https://people.com/food/michelle-duggar-family-deviled-eggs-yellow-pocket-angel-eggs-easter-2019/

• Thank You 6

5 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Saw this posted on Twitter... ?

Hide contents

heckboy.jpg.519e5dad1f8e70cb3551079fe651ecee.jpg

They're more right than they know. It's not Hellboy without Ron Perlman. 

On the other hand, titles like "Drag Me to Heck" just don't have the same panache...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

This reminds me of JRod's children's pediatric neurologist doctor physician, or whatever the hell she called him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

A school district in my area(which I attended for parts of middle/high school)has the Blue Devils for its sports teams, and I remember a couple different times when people asked that the name be changed because “it promotes Satanism.” It never happened.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

A school district in my area(which I attended for parts of middle/high school)has the Blue Devils for its sports teams, and I remember a couple different times when people asked that the name be changed because “it promotes Satanism.” It never happened.

this could have been my high school, only we were the Red Devils.  it's surprising that they picked it int he first place, because it was and still is a very conservative little town where everyone is either Baptist, Methodist, or Pentecostal.  when we lived there back in the 80s, it was brought up every few years that the mascot should be changed, but after 30+ years, they haven't done so.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Lisafer said:

On the other hand, titles like "Drag Me to Heck" just don't have the same panache...

Also reminds me of a recurring character on the Dilbert cartoon strip: Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light. He appears in a bright red suit, but he carries a giant spoon instead of a pitchfork. ?

• Haha 11

I read somewhere that Scott Adams wanted to use “Prince of Darkness,” but his syndicator said no.

Edited by smittykins
  • Haha 5

My MD and WVA relatives, mainly Baptists, call them "deviled eggs"... and you'd better not dally or there won't be any left!

Yellow pocket angel eggs. Sheesh.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I know a few older folks that called them 'dressed eggs'.

Their attempts to avoid saying devil just makes me think of Voldemort. So from now on I'm either referring to them as Voldemort eggs or Eggs-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 30
  • Love 6

In that article it mentioned a supporter

“I love the name!” one supporter added. “Why give the devil any more popularity when his works already run rampant in our society. (Just sayin).”

Gonna hop out on the ol limb here and guess this supporter voted for fuck face and still supports him.

That was the BIG obsession around here in the 80s and 90s. Along with communists. Both of which were coming to corrupt all the kids in the area.
  • Upvote 6

I am from Alabama. Nobody in my family, my husband's family, or our social circles (all containing fundies of varying degrees) calls deviled eggs anything other than deviled eggs. However, we all call devil's food cake chocolate cake. That's what is, chocolate cake.

Side note: I love Nars Super Orgasm and Sin blushes. Beautiful colors! I even wear them to church.

• Upvote 5

On 4/24/2019 at 3:14 PM, Kailash said:

I’m not helping but I quickly skimmed the title and thought it said “Yellow Pocket Anal Eggs” 

??‍♀️

“Yellow Pocket Anal Eggs”  - Now THAT would have made for an interesting Duggar Easter (I mean Resurrection Sunday) Dinner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

I just see them as eggs you put in your pocket. Messy. Deviled eggs are fine with me.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1