IGNORED

Alex Trebek has pancreatic cancer

Howl

For all of you Jeopardy! fans, Alex Trebek has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and wanted to share the news himself: 

This breaks my heart. I lost an uncle to this vicious cancer a few years ago. He only lived a few short weeks after diagnosis, didn't even have time to start treatment before he passed. I hope and pray that Alex can beat the odds that my uncle couldn't. 

We try to watch Jeopardy every day, if we can.  Mostly for him.  He is such a delightful host.  This is such sad news.  It sounds like he has a good attitude, and I do pray that he beats it.

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

This breaks my heart. I lost an uncle to this vicious cancer a few years ago. He only lived a few short weeks after diagnosis, didn't even have time to start treatment before he passed. I hope and pray that Alex can beat the odds that my uncle couldn't. 

I lost a beloved family member to this disease too. I hope that Alex Trebek beats the odds on this awful cancer. 

I watch Jeopardy with my otherwise taciturn 19 year old son every night. It’s one of the only times we bond and he opens up and relaxes with me. This news is personally crushing to me. And, more importantly, I am devastated for him and his loved ones. :my_cry:

Archived