IGNORED

His Beloved Ruthie

EowynW

On 2/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, EowynW said:

I'm one of the few in my circle who grew up and grew a critically thinking brain. And I need to be at peace with being alone in that. 

AMEN sister, my critically thinking brain has been the bane of my existence, but I wouldn't have it any other way. God gave me this brain and dammit I'm going to use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I thought at first I was on Lori Alexander's page. ????

And the either you are or you're not is so annoying. She literally cannot grasp that there are Christians who view this issue differently than she does and that she does not hold the corner market on the truth. 

IMG_9435.PNG

9 hours ago, EowynW said:

She literally cannot grasp that there are Christians who view this issue differently than she does and that she does not hold the corner market on the truth. 

She quotes Madeleine L'Engle on IG. L'Engle was a committed Christian (Episcopalian, IIRC) but, I'm pretty sure, would NOT have agreed with Ruthie AT ALL.

L'Engle despised narrow-minded, fundie Christians and made fun of them in her books occasionally. 

So, yeah, Ruthie -- try actually reading the work of people you quote. You might be surprised and maybe learn something.

Today in her stories she's trying to tell us she isn't a right winger. This is the person that publicly said that she was crying with joy at Trump/Pence winning on election night and saying that America had been given a second chance. ? 

I have always found it a bit baffling when complementarians say they are pro women. Their own belief system has women placed underneath men, needing men to lead them in life. They're already coming from a unhealthy place in their view of women. 

Watched that IG post on why being a fundie, forced birther like is NOT the same as being a right winger.

No, hon, they ARE pretty much the same thing. Own it. And, BTW, your "statistics" are about as fake as your piety. 

I cringed at the part where she touched one the "very rare" mother's health exception, all other abortions are simply for "convenience." No mention of rape (in some states a rapest can see the kid and get parental rights IIRC) or incest, of fatally diagnosed pregnancies, of women stuck in abusive situations, baby trapped by their cruel partners who were counting on them staying now that they were pregnant, etc etc. Not even touching on the nightmare that is the fostercare system in this country. 

It is such a nuanced issue, with many shades of gray and when people throw out the "all abortions are for the convenience of the mother" it shows, IMO, that they do not care about what situation a woman is in or her safety, emotional and mental health, who is already here walking on this earth. 

20 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I cringed at the part where she touched one the "very rare" mother's health exception, all other abortions are simply for "convenience." No mention of rape (in some states a rapest can see the kid and get parental rights IIRC) or incest, of fatally diagnosed pregnancies, of women stuck in abusive situations, baby trapped by their cruel partners who were counting on them staying now that they were pregnant, etc etc. Not even touching on the nightmare that is the fostercare system in this country. 

It is such a nuanced issue, with many shades of gray and when people throw out the "all abortions are for the convenience of the mother" it shows, IMO, that they do not care about what situation a woman is in or her safety, emotional and mental health, who is already here walking on this earth. 

IS she pro death penalty?  Pro helping new mamas have their childrens' needs met?  Food clothing and shelter?

42 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

IS she pro death penalty?  Pro helping new mamas have their childrens' needs met?  Food clothing and shelter?

I would hope she is pro helping families but I've never seen those topics come up in talks about abortion. I don't recall seeing any protest about the poor treatment families, children and toddlers received at the border at the hands of this administration. 

12 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I would hope she is pro helping families but I've never seen those topics come up in talks about abortion. I never saw any protest about the poor treatment families, children and toddlers received at the border at the hands of this administration. 

What I respect the hell out of is Catholic pro-life folks who literally are pro all lives.  Including the death row population.  The inconsistency of too too many "pro life" folks really bugs me.

Archived