IGNORED

His Beloved Ruthie

EowynW

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

She describes herself like this,

Mama to Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth & Grace

Is that all one thing, or she against commas? 

One of her children is named Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth and the second child is just named Grace?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you know her in real life @EowynW and I’m sorry if this upsets you at all, but this woman is annoying and creepy af. 

I will say that I did appreciate that she encouraged people struggling with PPD/PPA to reach out for help in one post and that she specifically mentioned how God can help heal you with support from Doctors, therapists, medicine, etc. That’s a nice change from some of the Fundies we discuss here who seem to think therapists and medicine are the devil. 

That said, why the fuck did she feel the need to photograph and share a photo of her daughter with spit up all over her face? Was her need to turn it into another Jesus sermon really more important than cleaning her poor child up? 

(Post under spoiler because spit up.)

Spoiler

10 hours ago, EowynW said:

https://instagram.com/hisbelovedruthie?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=rgfu7w0uhqpl

This is a girl I grew up with. She's a hardcore Calvinist evangelical/modern fundie.

Very interesting that she goes to McLean Bible Church. Not only is that a bit of a hike from where she lives in Rockville, but I also thought it was an evangelical mega church of the Baptist flavor. 

For those of you interested in these things, it seems the church is undergoing a similar Calvinist shift as the general SBC, with similar criticism:

https://wonderingeagle.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/preserving-mclean-bibles-statement-on-calvinism/

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/07/23/mclean-bible-churchs-apparent-theological-shift/

At first I felt a little guilty giving this forum someone I knew personally, but honestly, she has been annoying the hell out of me for years. And after the past few days of non stop political stupidity she's been giving us in her IG stories this week, and her unwillingness to listen because "oh I already go to a diverse church" I finally decided just to hand her over to FJ. She deserves it. And I love ALL OF YOU after reading all the commentary today and it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who thinks she's horrible. 

7 hours ago, EowynW said:

still in the womb daughter's evil sin nature that must be broken.

O Lord, that sounds like Voddie "beat the hell out of them" Baucham.

I wonder if she's a follower of his?  Or is the evil sin nature of babies a basic fundie belief?

Edited to add:

I find it....ummmm... interesting that as a fundie SAHD she worked a few jobs, and played piano for/ travelled with an evangelical music group.  One might almost say she was  (gasp) an ebil career woman for quite a while before marrying at 33 and having a baby 2 years later.

Not the standard fundie 'marry young and pop them out every year' life plan.  But then perhaps when you are a very, very privileged fundie the normal rules and expectations don't apply to you.

Also I find it unusual that her hubby is a video game designer. Not your regular fundie guy occupation.

One thing I never have nor ever will understand is how a precious innocent newborn baby is born with evil sin. I can't wrap my brain around it. No matter how hard I try to understand the logic I just don't get it. 

41 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

O Lord, that sounds like Voddie "beat the hell out of them" Baucham.

I wonder if she's a follower of his?  Or is the evil sin nature of babies a basic fundie belief?

Edited to add:

I find it....ummmm... interesting that as a fundie SAHD she worked a few jobs, and played piano for/ travelled with an evangelical music group.  One might almost say she was  (gasp) an ebil career woman for quite a while before marrying at 33 and having a baby 2 years later.

Not the standard fundie 'marry young and pop them out every year' life plan.  But then perhaps when you are a very, very privileged fundie the normal rules and expectations don't apply to you.

Also I find it unusual that her hubby is a video game designer. Not your regular fundie guy occupation.

She's a modern fundie. There are actually a lot of them out there. They dress modern and sane modern, but the shit on the inside is just the same. 

That makes her all the more dangerous. Because she looks normal, possibly even at first sounds normal.

But ........

......then the crazy, mean, racist, judgmental, misogynist, toxic masculinity excusing, extreme wifely submission, we are all broken, anti LBGT, Trump is annointed by God to lead us, everyone who isn't like me/doesn't believe as I do is going to hell on greased wheels insane drivel comes spilling out.

@EowynW   {{hugs}} to you for having to put up with her growing up.  Please, please tell me your parents did not hold her up as a role model for you.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

And after the past few days of non stop political stupidity she's been giving us in her IG stories this week, and her unwillingness to listen because "oh I already go to a diverse church"

In what way was she trying to argue McLean Bible Church is diverse? Granted I don't know it's exact demographic breakdowns, but she looks and acts like every woman I know who goes to MBC. (White, middle to upper middle class, heterosexual, traditional family structure, very into appearances and Pinterest-y decor. Even dresses and styles her hair the same way.)

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm no expert, but I think that there isn't a single "standard fundie" playbook. Some fundamentalists are Quiverfull. ("As many children as God gives us.") Some aren't. Some are Calvinist, or uber-Calvinist. (All children are born full of sin. "Vipers in diapers.") Some believe that children aren't responsible for their sins until they reach the "age of accountability", which can vary depending on the belief system. Some have stay at home daughters and some don't. There are lots of other variations that I can't think of right now. On FJ, we do talk about the Quiverfull, SAHD fundies more often, but they aren't the whole picture.

I have a habit of thinking of things in analogies, and the analogy I came up with for fundie variations is pizza. At most pizza places, you can order from the menu of set recipes (say a meat lover's pizza or a super supreme pizza), or you can make your own combo from the menu. You can even order a particular recipe, but vary it a little. (Like a veggie lover's pizza with no mushrooms, or a supreme combo with extra bell peppers.) It's still all pizza.

So, some fundies may stick to a particular recipe (IBLP association, homeschooling, Quiverfull, and an IFB church), or they may create their system à la carte. They may vary their recipes, but they're still fundies. They have a fundamentalist approach to their beliefs and to life. Whether they're Protestant fundamentalists, Catholic fundamentalists, Calvinist fundamentalists, Baptist fundamentalists, or LDS fundamentalists.  

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. :my_blush: And I wasn't trying to rant at you, or lecture you, @Red Hair, Black Dress. You just gave me a nice platform to dive off of. :my_smile:

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

In what way was she trying to argue McLean Bible Church is diverse? Granted I don't know it's exact demographic breakdowns, but she looks and acts like every woman I know who goes to MBC. (White, middle to upper middle class, heterosexual, traditional family structure, very into appearances and Pinterest-y decor. Even dresses and styles her hair the same way.)

Awhile back she expressed an interest in learning about race & race relations but since she was "a mother of a baby girl she couldn't really leave her house to do it." Someone suggested the novel idea of actually sitting down with POC and listening to them and asking them about their experiences. She was basically all "oh I talk a lot at church and it's very diverse with different people." LOL

7 hours ago, DangerNoodle said:

How young? I think I would guess she's about 38-40.

She's 35. 

Yeah I think she's aged out of appealing to the younger Evangelical moms. She probably wanted to get in on the Joy-Anna and Jinger Duggar-type following. 

They really do all have a "look", don't they? While being oh-so-creative, they do the exact same things: long hair, pinterest-y decoration. You know, I think that the pinterest-y decoration is supposed to signal that they stay at home as mothers, so ostensibly have time to devote to decoration and creativity.

It's the Jesus-speak that drives me nuts, though. It is one thing to have a spirit within you, but quite another to have to talk all the time about it. Doth protest too much, methinks.

5 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm no expert, but I think that there isn't a single "standard fundie" playbook. Some fundamentalists are Quiverfull. ("As many children as God gives us.") Some aren't. Some are Calvinist, or uber-Calvinist. (All children are born full of sin. "Vipers in diapers.") Some believe that children aren't responsible for their sins until they reach the "age of accountability", which can vary depending on the belief system. Some have stay at home daughters and some don't. There are lots of other variations that I can't think of right now. On FJ, we do talk about the Quiverfull, SAHD fundies more often, but they aren't the whole picture.

I have a habit of thinking of things in analogies, and the analogy I came up with for fundie variations is pizza. At most pizza places, you can order from the menu of set recipes (say a meat lover's pizza or a super supreme pizza), or you can make your own combo from the menu. You can even order a particular recipe, but vary it a little. (Like a veggie lover's pizza with no mushrooms, or a supreme combo with extra bell peppers.) It's still all pizza.

So, some fundies may stick to a particular recipe (IBLP association, homeschooling, Quiverfull, and an IFB church), or they may create their system à la carte. They may vary their recipes, but they're still fundies. They have a fundamentalist approach to their beliefs and to life. Whether they're Protestant fundamentalists, Catholic fundamentalists, Calvinist fundamentalists, Baptist fundamentalists, or LDS fundamentalists.  

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. :my_blush: And I wasn't trying to rant at you, or lecture you, @Red Hair, Black Dress. You just gave me a nice platform to dive off of. :my_smile:

Why would you try to ruin my unholy love for pizza with this? I thought we were friends. Now I feel like I don’t even know you! #pizzais4luvers #keepyouranalogyoffmypizza #whatdidpizzaeverdotoyou? #nowiwantpizza #immashovethewholesliceinmymouth #thatshowiroll #butnotdeepdish #newyorkornewhavenstyleforthefuckingwinyall #butitsmondayandourpizzaplaceisclosedtodayandnowimsad #iblameyou #whyyougottabesocruel?! #jesuslovesthemall

Did I use enough hashtags? I’m trying to be as holy as these SAHM Fundies and I feel like the higher the number of hashtags the closer to God they are.  ?

38 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

They really do all have a "look", don't they? While being oh-so-creative, they do the exact same things: long hair, pinterest-y decoration. You know, I think that the pinterest-y decoration is supposed to signal that they stay at home as mothers, so ostensibly have time to devote to decoration and creativity.

It's the Jesus-speak that drives me nuts, though. It is one thing to have a spirit within you, but quite another to have to talk all the time about it. Doth protest too much, methinks.

She's one of the worst I've personally interacted with. And if she disagrees with you on a topic, she can scold, shame & question your salvation in perfect Jesus speak. It's really quite impressive. It's a level of spiritual abuse, IMO, even though she doesn't realize it. 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Why would you try to ruin my unholy love for with this? I thought we were friends. Now I feel like I don’t even know you!

See, I thought @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?'s analogy was perfect and I like pizza.

But I recently described Fundiedom as a gallimaufry in conversation.  Perhaps you'd prefer that.

Gallimaufry NOUN

A confused jumble or medley of things.

Origin

Mid 16th century: from archaic French galimafrée ‘unappetizing dish’, perhaps from Old French galer ‘have fun’ + Picard mafrer ‘eat copious quantities’.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Why would you try to ruin my unholy love for pizza with this? I thought we were friends. Now I feel like I don’t even know you! #pizzais4luvers #keepyouranalogyoffmypizza #whatdidpizzaeverdotoyou? #nowiwantpizza #immashovethewholesliceinmymouth #thatshowiroll #butnotdeepdish #newyorkornewhavenstyleforthefuckingwinyall #butitsmondayandourpizzaplaceisclosedtodayandnowimsad #iblameyou #whyyougottabesocruel?! #jesuslovesthemall

Did I use enough hashtags? I’m trying to be as holy as these SAHM Fundies and I feel like the higher the number of hashtags the closer to God they are.  ?

Yeah, I briefly wondered about polluting the sacred pizza image, but I guess I'm just a renegade about food. :pb_biggrin:

#pizzaheretic #foodweirdo #notapizzapuritan #rememberthetimeigrossedeveryoneoutwithpeanutbutterandpickles? #jesuslovesthemall

(I'm leaving it at 5. I bow to your superior hashtag skills! :pb_lol: )

On 1/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, nickelodeon said:

Someone spoil me: is the titular "him" her husband or The Lord Most High?

Does it matter to her? 

I've long wondered if she realizes how self centered she appears to others. Most of her standard IG posts she also puts in her IG stories, so we all get a double dose of her. 

What I thought of after seeing today's post. 

IMG_8875.JPG

10 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

@EowynW I'm so sorry, but I hate her very bigly. 

Oh don't apologize. I have found my tribe here. ❤️

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

See, I thought @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?'s analogy was perfect and I like pizza.

But I recently described Fundiedom as a gallimaufry in conversation.  Perhaps you'd prefer that.

Gallimaufry - not just for (Lori Alexander’s) breakfast anymore!

She only gets her news from Mohler & Ben Shapiro. She says Albert Mohler is one of the few true unbiased news sources there is. ?

That clip of her tossing all that toilet paper kind of rubbed me wrong. That's a brand we can't afford to buy, and she's just all throwing it down for a joke 

Archived