IGNORED

His Beloved Ruthie

EowynW

Today on her Facebook page she was bitching about people protesting racism over abortion. And how "everyone in this country had equal rights except unborn children" and therefore people who fight for their rights should be given the highest respect and honor. 

Someone called her out and said she lives in an echo chamber. 

Dear Ruthie got insanely huffy about that and went off on how she lived outside of D.C.., in "very diverse Maryland" and "was exposed to a lot of people" and "literally no one is talking about the unborn" blah blah blah. 

And then on another anti abortion post, someone brought up the fact that we cannot just champion unborn life but we need to support babies born in poverty and champion and care for the needy and she SNARKED back at the commenter, asking her to "list how she helped the poor" so "others could see what she did." And then rattled off a whole list of what she and her husband supported to prove she did "care about the poor." 

Guys, she is a beautiful example of a Good Christian Bitch. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EowynW said:

...she SNARKED back at the commenter, asking her to "list how she helped the poor" so "others could see what she did." And then rattled off a whole list of what she and her husband supported to prove she did "care about the poor." 

Poor people are not some kind of domestic animal designed to keep christians charitable. Ruthie would do well to remember that. It sounds like she only helps the poor in order to give herself license to run her mouth and feel smugly superior to others. What an ugly person she is.

I seem to recall there’s a Bible verse about not bragging about your good deeds in order to look good to others, Ruthie.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:11 PM, CelticGoddess said:

That's a puritanical name if I ever saw one.  

Nah, it's too positive.  It should be Evangelynn Shame Despair Guilt-ridden Slightly Evil No-Padded-Church-Pews-for-You.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:56 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not being versed in fundie speak, (and her insta posts are dripping with it) what is "Jehovah Shammah"?  I know who Jehovah is, but Shammah?

Wikipedia says: 

Jehovah-shammah is a Christian transliteration of the Hebrew יְהוָה שָׁמָּה‬ meaning "Jehovah is there", the name given to the city in Ezekiel's vision in Ezekiel 48:35

I also found pretty-pretty graphics of it.

Spoiler

SCR253-G-01.thumb.jpg.939969e1ec2801f000a9eb555c9ed7e3.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg.437570980750d41d898af194f46f6a7b.jpg

On 1/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, nausicaa said:

Very interesting that she goes to McLean Bible Church. Not only is that a bit of a hike from where she lives in Rockville, but I also thought it was an evangelical mega church of the Baptist flavor. 

For those of you interested in these things, it seems the church is undergoing a similar Calvinist shift as the general SBC, with similar criticism:

https://wonderingeagle.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/preserving-mclean-bibles-statement-on-calvinism/

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2018/07/23/mclean-bible-churchs-apparent-theological-shift/

And now every poster who lives in the DMV area will live in fear of run in fear into her

I'm wondering if she locked down her Facebook. I can't see anything past Jan 1st.

What a pity the world can't see how wonderful she is. ?

15 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I'm wondering if she locked down her Facebook. I can't see anything past Jan 1st.

What a pity the world can't see how wonderful she is. ?

It was a friends only status. Too bad, really! 

35 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I thought about her when I read this. It's so true. 

IMG_9050.PNG

(I self-identify as a Christian). I agree with this 100%.

As a Christian, I agree as well.  She makes some very good points.  I had heard of Jen Hatmaker when we were still attending the worst of the three Baptist churches we belonged to in our area but I didn't really listen to/read anything by her.  I was so unhappy in that whole denomination and with the situation at home (our brief, regretful fundy attempt) that I really did very little reading, devoitionals, etc.  After I came to my senses (or turned my brain back on, in the words of the Briefly daughter!), I did a little research and was very happy to see how she has "evolved" for lack of a better term.

I think quite a bit of that quote could well be describing quite a few of the people we went to church with.  Not all of them, and not the majority of the elderly members - mainly the ones of our generation and younger.

I hated how she painted Ruth today in her newest "mini post." She made it sound like Ruth was just a broken damsel in distress. 

25 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I hated how she painted Ruth today in her newest "mini post." She made it sound like Ruth was just a broken damsel in distress. 

Ruth in the Bible was remarkably bad-ass. When she wanted something, she went and got it! Even if she had to break all the conventions of the time to do so!

23 hours ago, Briefly said:

I think quite a bit of that quote could well be describing quite a few of the people we went to church with.  Not all of them, and not the majority of the elderly members - mainly the ones of our generation and younger.

That's the worst part. The older "church ladies" tend to be lovely. It is the younger people who are hateful.

15 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Ruth in the Bible was remarkably bad-ass. When she wanted something, she went and got it! Even if she had to break all the conventions of the time to do so!

Especially when you consider she uncovered his "feet" since feet is an euphemism for penis. 

11 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

That's the worst part. The older "church ladies" tend to be lovely. It is the younger people who are hateful.

WORD.

During my brief sojourn at a Baptist church a few years back, I went to a Sunday School class made up of older ladies (I was the youngest by a good 15 years).  It was FABULOUS, and the teacher is still a dear friend who calls me regularly to check up on my family and sends me cards, even though I haven't darkened the door in nearly 3 years.

On 1/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, Black Aliss said:

One of her children is named Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth and the second child is just named Grace?

Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth could be one of those wacky puritan names out of Good Omens ?
On a serious note, the butchered spelling of 'Evangeline' just kills me ?

At least it’s not If-Christ-Had-Not-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Wouldst-Have-Been-Damned Barebones...

More abortion harping today. And a plea for anyone who disagrees with her to message her so they can have a good chat. LOL I did that once and got my salvation questioned. 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, EmiGirl said:

Especially when you consider she uncovered his "feet" since feet is an euphemism for penis. 

Is it?? Source?

On 1/31/2019 at 6:38 PM, Briefly said:

I had heard of Jen Hatmaker when we were still attending the worst of the three Baptist churches we belonged to in our area but I didn't really listen to/read anything by her. 

Thanks to all three of y'all who referenced Jen Hatmaker.  I was amazed to realize that she lives here in Central Texas, in a little town (kind of an Austin commuter town now) just down the Interstate from Austin or maybe they've moved into Austin proper. 

I've bookmarked this article and maybe even shared it a few times on fj.  It's an interesting read on how someone evolved from fundie-dom and the price that one pays when leaving the fold. With the Trump situation, this can only have gotten worse.  Although some are turning against her, she's surely influenced many, many more (mostly women) in a positive way.

From Politico, Dec. 2017

This Evangelical Leader Denounced Trump. Then the Death Threats Started.   Jen Hatmaker is one of the most popular religious figures in America—and she is paying a steep price for speaking out for what she believes.

Interesting also that she has not put up a new blog post on her website since Dec. 2017, but she has plenty of other irons in the fire (podcast, bestseller, tours).  She and her husband started a church in Austin but I'm not seeing a link or reference to it on her Web site. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/anniegirl1138.com/2011/02/07/when-is-a-foot-really-a-penis-and-other-things-the-bible-taught-me/amp/

This is one source I found. My original source is one the pastors st my church who learned that at seminary. The funny part is the phone call she got when her daughter recently learned the same thing during her old testament class in seminary.

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Thanks to all three of y'all who referenced Jen Hatmaker.  I was amazed to realize that she lives here in Central Texas, in a little town (kind of an Austin commuter town now) just down the Interstate from Austin or maybe they've moved into Austin proper. 

I've bookmarked this article and maybe even shared it a few times on fj.  It's an interesting read on how someone evolved from fundie-dom and the price that one pays when leaving the fold. With the Trump situation, this can only have gotten worse.  Although some are turning against her, she's surely influenced many, many more (mostly women) in a positive way.

From Politico, Dec. 2017

This Evangelical Leader Denounced Trump. Then the Death Threats Started.   Jen Hatmaker is one of the most popular religious figures in America—and she is paying a steep price for speaking out for what she believes.

Interesting also that she has not put up a new blog post on her website since Dec. 2017, but she has plenty of other irons in the fire (podcast, bestseller, tours).  She and her husband started a church in Austin but I'm not seeing a link or reference to it on her Web site. 

I am always amazed (in a bad way) when a so-called Christian makes death threats or any threats.  She has had to deal with quite a bit of abuse.  And I would be willing to bet that anyone who threatened her would absolutely insist that they are Christian, and not admit that a death threat is bad!

Looks like her Headship reigned her ass in. She really did cause a huge dust up with a lot of her less sanctimonious and conservative friends. She railroaded anyone who disagreed with her, both on instagram and her private Facebook page. 

She's still a horrible person though, she'll just learn to dress up her digs in even more flowery language. 

IMG_9196.PNG

IMG_9195.PNG

Must have been a major rein in from the hubby.  Perhaps he reminded her that her privileged life comes from his job in the rather secular world of video gaming. As such best not to tick off the people who pay his salary or the customers who buy the games.

Having said that ..... her "apology" rings as insincere, smug (she's still worried about all the forgotten baybeez and wants us to know it) and not apologetic or sorry for her behavior at all. 

And boy howdy is she the queen of Jesus speak.

Archived