IGNORED

Kelly @ GC speaks out against FEMA

oscar

For the first time ever Kelly looks human to me. She seemed to care after reading your story and asking for your mailing address. It made me think that she cares about people outside of her little bubble. For a long time I have thought that she wasn't capable of that. It was very much the "us against them-thinking". Perhaps she is starting to be more humble and understanding after her tragedy. Yes, today Kelly looks like someone who is able to feel empathy for others... and I like that side of her, which I most certainly didn't know about.

For the record, her reply is below. I'm sorry if I can't give her too much credit - I've read her blog too long not to see how she bites down at 'unbelievers' and encourages the Kelly Lites to witchhunt anyone who disagrees with them. She's just a mom, worried about finances? Then STOP HAVING KIDS YOU CAN'T AFFORD! And God didn't provide her with a new home and a way to rebuild - her followers did. She's living in her own little cabin by the lake while others are in tin cans, and she's never once volunteered even a dollar of what she's received to others. Elle was clearly saying that she did NOT live outside her means, and she is in financial straits. For Kelly to post about not being in debt and her lovely little tricks [which include feeding a vat of pasta and a single chicken breast to her family of fourteen] is just bad pool when she's received 35K recently. Sorry but she sucks and she doesn't even understand how hard she sucks. She's like a Junior League version of Sarah Palin. She mouths off about things she doesn't fully comprehend [government overspending has nothing to do with welfare rolls or food stamps] and then she complains when she's called on it.

Kelly is America's worst nightmare, if you ask me. And I don't have a drop of pity for anyone who 'worries' about finances, doesn't have home or health insurance, and lets God 'handle her womb.' Not one drop. And if she sends Elle a book or a check or a kind note? What's the difference? It doesn't negate her incredible antagonism to everyone who isn't in the "body of christ' or what have you. Grrr. STFU, Kelly!

Elle,

I am so sorry about your present situation. You are SO WRONG to think I would “look down on your little family†in your hardship. It is just one more piece of evidence demonstrating the blindness through which you all view me. You don’t hear me. You don’t want to.

For the record, we don’t receive 20K (not even CLOSE) in EIC, we have scraped by financially most of our married lives, I wouldn’t, in ANY way “look down†on your family for accepting assistance (I have friends who do also), and the post isn’t condescending unless you already “have it out for meâ€, which many of you do.

I do NOT say financially hard times are due to wasteful choices. Wouldn’t that be ignorant of me since we have lived mostly in (“financially hard timesâ€?) I said “often the problem lies in lifestyle choicesâ€. “The problem†I’m referring to is not being on welfare. It’s thinking you can’t have more than 2 children without it. It’s the common issue of living outside of your means…and yes, that’s very common. I often address “general†problems on this blog and without fail, those with exceptions try to take offense when the post wasn’t even about their circumstance. Such is the case here.

And if you’re wondering why I deleted your comment, it lies in this constant twisting of my words and intentions. If you all would argue what is really being said, respectfully, I would be glad to post your comments. But it takes a whopping amount of time just to unravel all the distortions. I truly don’t get it. It seems rather a huge waste of time to slander someone for things they don’t even really say.

You guys think we have money that we do not. I’m sorry you’re upset about the funds we’ve received. We need to build a house back and they will help us do it. God has provided again. Most people would be glad about that.

When I mentioned “I don’t have all the answers†regarding accepting gov. assistance, taxes was one area I was referring to. I am trying to figure out if there is a difference in say, accepting a tax refund and accepting FEMA assistance. I am not a hypocrite or “making rules for myselfâ€. I am truly searching and still learning about all of this. And yes, I’m stubborn enough to refuse a tax refund if I deem it hypocritical of me to accept it. I know there are differences in tapping into government programs and funding that are already depleted, and receiving tax refunds back from a government that overtaxes (read: “stealsâ€) money from its citizens at every turn. But maybe not that much. Perhaps we will consider this an inconsistency.

None of my posts have ever degraded those who must take assistance. My intent in discussing these issues is to “break the chainâ€. We are in an economic crisis as a whole nation because of gov. over-spending. I submit there is a better solution, and I simply talk about our need to find it. This is not a “me against them†topic as you all have made it. We are all struggling to make ends meet and we all need help from time to time and we all need to find answers better than the one our government has offered. Doing the same thing, headed for economic disaster is insane….for us all.

If you will lay down your hatred long enough to really hear me, see my true intentions and stop making me out to be something I’m not, you would see that I am another mom just like you who stresses and worries over finances just like you. BUT, I have a hope. And I pray for you to find that hope. The hope is that at our very worst He has never forsaken us. He HAS always provided for our daily needs (food and clothing, as promised in Scripture) and He will cause His face to shine upon those who fear Him.

I am begging you for your mailing address–even if you feel better setting up and sending me a P.O. Box.

Sigh. I think -- I think that Kelly really believes what she wrote in her response to Elle. I don't think she's a monster, although sometimes her posts make her seem monstrous. I think she's a woman with dangerous ideas that may have negative consequences on her children and their futures and that if implemented nationwide would destroy the very values this country was founded upon. But while often my kneejerk reaction to her posts is annoyance, or disgust or contempt, I think she is mostly just thoughtless, in that she does not question or think through the logical conclusions of things she says, and so wrapped up in Vision Forum she's entirely lost any perspective.

But seriously, Kelly, and I cannot emphasize this enough, slander is sssss-spoken.

We are expecting our 5th child. One of the women at church came up to me after Sunday Service and handed me an application and $5 to apply to a food pantry run by the Dept. of Children & Families that accepts people who make too much for food stamps. She said since we were expecting another one she just knew we needed help and got this application for us and went to one of the elders’ wives and got the $5 application fee from her. She told me that the Lord and laid it on her heart to help us. I thanked her nicely but 2 things came to mind. The 1st – how sad it is that people assume that if you have more than 2 children that you must be struggling. The 2nd was how disturbing it is for women to use the excuse of the Holy Spirit or God “laying it on my heart†for their preconceived prejudices. While this women did mean well, perhaps she could have spoken to me privately and asked if their was any help we needed. Because I do need pray!

Oh the hypocrisy. It's kind of like when the word of God always agrees with the word of Kelly. Interesting how things like that work out. Honestly, Kelly's blog is boring. I read it for the comments.

How does she know what the Lord lays on others hearts? Does he consult with her prior to speaking to others? She is very egotistical to think that the Lord would only speak to those on her 'approved' list. Apparently, this lady is not on it.

[

Archived