IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Wait what!?! To the bolded, I had not read or heard about this yet. Do you have any links I can read up on? My husband and I have been considering scenarios where it would make sense for me to renounce, but this is news to me and could be helpful in planning. I cannot even anymore with that place.

I don't offhand, this comes from my friend who works for the State Department and has been stationed at various consulates around the world doing visas and occasionally helping expats through the process. I'm not sure she's ever seen a rejection happen but she said that the applications can be rejected because of the reason. I imagine it would only be in particular cases but I can see if I can get more info!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I thought I had stumbled on to Jill's instagram. Joy's distorted pillow of her face in the background (of her shilling some shoppping) made her look so much like Jill, it creeped me out. Previously I have only seen Jessa in Joy. I considered Jill an outsider in looking like the rest of the girls, though I think Justin looks like her.  Jinger  is a bit of a one off too. Though it must be noted that Jana and Jill looked like twins when young. 

Random ramblings. 

I also like to compare who is more duggar and who is more ruark

I use James as a baseline as he is Cousin Amy's long lost twin so alllllll Duggar

I put Jinger as the most Ruark

Jill and Justin as more Duggar 

Just off the top of my head.....

Jill is JB’s twin.

I think there’s a lot of Duggar in Jessa too.

Josie is all Michelle.

I think Jinger and Jordyn also favor Michelle, but they both squish  up their noses just like JB.

Jinger looks so much like a female version of Grandpa Ruark. I can see a little of Michelle in Jessa's features, especially in Michelle's younger photos. Someone once said Joy looks so much like Jill in some photos and so much like Jessa in others, and I agree. 

15 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Wait what!?! To the bolded, I had not read or heard about this yet. Do you have any links I can read up on? My husband and I have been considering scenarios where it would make sense for me to renounce, but this is news to me and could be helpful in planning. I cannot even anymore with that place.

Interesting. I just got US citizenship last December after 52 years here. I decided it was time to vote. I kept my British citizenship.

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Interesting. I just got US citizenship last December after 52 years here. I decided it was time to vote. I kept my British citizenship.

I have considered trying to go dual, but the only one I would/will qualify for is German and they don't do dual (as far as I have been able to find) for adults. My kids CAN keep both, but that comes with it's own set of problems. Voting is one of the last things making me hold off. 

13 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Can I ask - did you just renew your green card every 10 years for the past 50? My husband just had a disastrous situation with filing his petition to remove conditions (the first 2 year expiration) that certainly didn't help with the government being shut down (his 2 years expired the day the gov't shut down, along with his driver's license; he hasn't been able to drive since!). 

My husband was pretty adamant about not becoming a US citizen, but after all the paperwork and money to renew green cards, he's decided to become a dual citizen (US and keeping his UK) as to not have to deal with the green card process every 10 years.

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Can I ask - did you just renew your green card every 10 years for the past 50? My husband just had a disastrous situation with filing his petition to remove conditions (the first 2 year expiration) that certainly didn't help with the government being shut down (his 2 years expired the day the gov't shut down, along with his driver's license; he hasn't been able to drive since!). 

My husband was pretty adamant about not becoming a US citizen, but after all the paperwork and money to renew green cards, he's decided to become a dual citizen (US and keeping his UK) as to not have to deal with the green card process every 10 years.

When I first got my green card there was no expiration date, but you had to send in a registration card every January. Then it was the every 10 year renewal. I was able to get a real ID through the DMV even though I wasn't a citizen then.

The application for citizenship is on line, then it's just a matter of getting fingerprinted and taking the test. It took 7 months total, and was pretty simple. You have to say that you are willing to bear arms for the US. I said no, and had my age as an explanation. When I went for the interview, they had me change it to yes. Hmm, a 70 year old in boot camp would be interesting.

John David looks very much like Michelle's father to me. Joseph and Jed both have a Ruark look to me.

Jinger, Josh, and Johannah look similar in coloring and features.

There was a picture Jill posted of Jennifer recently on her blog photo dump that I initially thought was a photo of Jana. 

I think Jinger and Joy look a lot alike when you put their faces side by side even though their coloring is different.  

Justin, Jackson, and Josie all have similar looks to me. 

Jessa and Jason look a lot alike. 

Josiah looks a lot like Michelle. 

Jill and Jeremiah both make me think of Jim Bob but don't actually look alike. 

James looks like cousin Amy who looks like her mother...who looks like Grandma Mary.  James also has a Grandpa Duggar vibe. 

Jordyn has the look of some of Michelle's sisters, but I don't think she looks much like any of her own siblings. 

Today is Gideon's first birthday and Joystin are on a couple's retreat??? The idea of missing your child's first birthday is strange to me, even if you have aren't having a party.

They’re getting home this evening to spend his bday with him. What I found weird is that the first thing they thought of posting today was about them being alone and not about their kid’s birthday 

E98F2AA1-D8AC-4268-9773-A027B1B7CC02.jpeg

My mother missed my first birthday. She had a reunion from her sorority that she really wanted to go to. Everyone there was shocked that she missed my birthday but she felt like: she will not know the difference between today and tomorrow. And she was right, no trauma for me ?

Kids at that age don’t care, make sure you are happy as a parent as well. 

I'm also in camp "he won't remember anyway". I mean, they spend every day with their kid and probably deserve a little break, but I think Joy should have anticipated the backlash with all that "precious babiez"/"children are a blessing from the Lord" palaver the Duggar brand stands for. So why not post the pictures from their couples retreat a couple days later and not mention the exact timeline? 

Couples' retreats are high up on the list of Shit Duggars Like. Any vacation package that bills itself like "go camping here or YOU WILL GET DIVORCED and COMMIT ADULTERY" is like Disneyland for them.

I bet a lot of the Duggar couples will be attending the Fort Rock marriage retreat next month, but I imagine Joystin will be working at the event, so this could be their alternative?

These folks have lots of free time to attend any couples’ retreat available in the US. Personally, I’d have picked another date to attend a retreat. The only kid that’s really special in a Duggar household, is the next kid.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

These folks have lots of free time to attend any couples’ retreat available in the US. Personally, I’d have picked another date to attend a retreat. The only kid that’s really special in a Duggar household, is the next kid.

That may have been one of the goals of attending the retreat.

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They really do love fetuses, living breathing children are just a waste of time and money. 

Once they're born, their political value of "not being aborted" goes way down.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

My mother missed my first birthday. She had a reunion from her sorority that she really wanted to go to. Everyone there was shocked that she missed my birthday but she felt like: she will not know the difference between today and tomorrow. And she was right, no trauma for me ?

Kids at that age don’t care, make sure you are happy as a parent as well. 

The people my mom graduated high school with always have a reunion around my birthday and she always has to miss it because of me. She had to miss it when I was born and then last year she wanted to go but ended up not going. 

I always think it's kind of funny that these fundies all value couples retreats so much given that many of them don't have jobs and spend all their days together anyway. I mean what did Michelle and Boob do on all their retreats? Have sweet fellowship in a different bed?

Living United Couples?  Why don't they just call it United Couples - have they had problems with the dead trying to sign up?

It's good to know that registration includes time alone with your sweetheart.  Maybe it's following "The Benefits of Fellowship to your Marriage" seminar?  Is that why they included a photo of a bed on the invite?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived