IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

On 1/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, ophelia said:

She seems to be happy. I always had some kind of a soft spot for her and after going through so much heartbreak in the recent past she really deserves a nice guy by her side.

I'd really like to know why Ben's (her ex) wedding seems to have been cancelled/postponed. 

Just checked Ben Brower's public FB page - he married Danielle on December 27.

• Thank You 5

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Just checked Ben Brower's public FB page - he married Danielle on December 27.

He must have added (or made public) this post quite  recently. Thank you, @Marian the Librarian.

I'm pretty sure Emily will remarry soon as well. 

• Upvote 1

Per her public Facebook page, Melanie Shupe is in a relationship with one Jesse Reed. The both seem to be racist assholes, but he also appears to be a Neo-Nazi. Lovely couple. :pb_rollseyes: If anyone wants to discuss, I just revived the Shupe thread:

• Sad 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

Jeremiah Campana posted an IG story of himself with I think one of the Dragon sisters? Looks relationshippy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Edgar Roberts is getting married today per his Instagram. 

Yeah, they've been on the list for a while.

• Upvote 1

Campbell shared a live feed on IG last night of their rehearsal. All hand holding, heads bowed, loud verbal praising their god. Lots of singing instead of speaking, or in between praise stuff that never makes sense to me. It actually made me think of a cult doing what they're told rather than humans worshipping their god. 

But, that's pretty much what fundies are - a cult doing shit for show - so it didn't surprise me. 

• Upvote 9

I find it quite rude to film someone while praying. I surely wouldn't appreciate it since it is quite the intimate moment - at least for me.

I hope we'll get to see lots of pictures from the wedding though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I find it quite rude to film someone while praying. I surely wouldn't appreciate it since it is quite the intimate moment - at least for me.

Then this video would have really bugged you. It was pretty intrusive and rude. She slowly panned the room, periodically zooming in on people's faces in a comical way while they were praying. Everyone except her had their eyes closed. She kept it up until the prayer stopped, then a few of them looked at her quizzically as she continued filming.

I don't take these lunatics seriously, so it doesn't bother me if they choose to make fun of their religious beliefs. But I can't imagine that many people in that room would have been happy if they'd known she was making a mocking video of them without their knowledge.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Looks like a few pics are starting to come up. This one is from Campbell’s IG story. 

F2ADDCBD-3DB1-4EF8-B1A9-B4D9536DE041.png

Norma posted a video in her story. I’m disappointed with the blandness of this fundie wedding thus far. It’s all gray and expected. Sorry I’m a kill Joy. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

That's exactly why I said it's doing shit for show. So, I agree completely.

They weren't praying to be spiritual, they were doing it to show what perfect Christians they are. 

• Upvote 10

What kind of background does the bride have? Do we know anything about her? Looks like a normal, modern wedding to me. But that is probably the dangerous thing about the Roberts family - they appear normal and hipsterish.

• Upvote 7

Did Edgar's bride have a blog in the past. She reminds me so much of a fundie girl who used to have a modest fashion blog. I can't remember her name but the person I'm thinking about quit blogging a few years ago. She used to draw and some of her art was not bad. Does this sound familiar to anyone or have superbowl snacks totally congealed my brain?

7 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Did Edgar's bride have a blog in the past. She reminds me so much of a fundie girl who used to have a modest fashion blog. I can't remember her name but the person I'm thinking about quit blogging a few years ago. She used to draw and some of her art was not bad. Does this sound familiar to anyone or have superbowl snacks totally congealed my brain?

I believe her name is Rachel Wiggins. And I think her brother is dating Daisy Roberts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe her name is Rachel Wiggins. And I think her brother is dating Daisy Roberts. 

Yes, Daisy is dating James Wiggins.

6 hours ago, Sops2 said:

What on earth is this " get  er done" caption across the photo?

I thought that was a crude reference to the marital act.

25 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I thought that was a crude reference to the marital act.

It comes from the comedian known as Larry the Cable Guy.  It was his tagline.  He was also the voice of Maytor in the Cars movies.  I saw/heard it used on things for years but it's kind of faded out now.  But since Larry was very much a good old boy, not necessarily racist but certainly anti-Hilary character, I would not be surprised if he was popular with some fundies.  He was part of the trio of comedians that included Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White.  I didn't take it as crudely referring to the marital act, as much as just the way that the quote was frequently used.  To get something accomplished, although it was usually used comically.  I would have been insulted in I were the bride, though.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Emily Raynes made a post saying Christiana Kendall is engaged. I have no clue who she is engaged to since her Instagram is private and I never follow her. But I figured I would pass that info on. 

5D50F6CB-F87E-4D9A-B7C1-4CA94587190F.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Emily Raynes made a post saying Christiana Kendall is engaged. I have no clue who she is engaged to since her Instagram is private and I never follow her. But I figured I would pass that info on. 

That was fast. She posted on Facebook about "waiting on the Lord" in October.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, albireo said:

That was fast. She posted on Facebook about "waiting on the Lord" in October.

A picture has been posted of the fiancé but I have no clue who this guy is. He doesn’t look familiar. 

394EAFF5-4ED8-4460-9179-93523179444F.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

In more Kendall news, Hunter Kendall and Emily Stotmeister are engaged. https://www.facebook.com/100000535749306/posts/2442128992481602/

Also, Christiana's fiance may be named David Downing and they may be getting married March 24th, but I thought I heard Emily say in her story that Christiana was getting married in the summer? Not sure. https://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/david-downing/christiana-kendall/registry.ashx?a=100540391

Edited by albireo
more info
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Jeremiah Willis made a post on Instagram saying he’s been engaged for 6 months but I don’t know who he’s engaged to. 

Ok it looks like her name is Lexi Seymour. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic