IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

I don't think it was the Bates family but TPTB at UP. It's much easier to get that way.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of Lawson’s IG pandering, we know from his stores yesterday and today that he and Isaiah are in Arkansas with the Duggar’s.  The pair were at a Walmart with Jer and Jackson yesterday and today Lawson was playing piano in the Duggar house.

• Upvote 4

We also know that the Bateses got a new dog:

Kelly stated in the comments that Johnny Sr., their dog of 16 years, passed away. They named the puppy in his memory. The puppy is adorable, but didn’t the Bateses have a shitty track record when it comes to caring for their animals? Or was that only the horses that were apparently neglected for a while? 

Lawson also spent time with the young patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital around Christmas time this year:

Spoiler

• Upvote 7

RIP Johnny! You were a cute little feller! I feel so sorry for your new namesake.

• Upvote 3

He was quite a large dog so making it to 16 is quite impressive. The Bates must have been taking at least decent care of him.

Rip Johnny.

Good luck to the new pup!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tumblr and Reddit are both all a buzz with rumors of Lawson/Jana again. Apparently he uploaded a picture of her and then quickly deleted it. I wonder if he reads sites like these and does this stuff just to tease us since he did similar things around Jingers wedding. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

He also commented on the photo Jana uploaded to her recently created instagram and people at tumblr see it as a flirty comment, but to be honest i just think he is being friendly. I think i prefer if they are not courting and they are just allowed to be friends with each other despite of their genders.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I really hope they aren't courting. Regardless of my feelings towards either of them I just feel like they would be a terrible match personality wise. To me it would be a match that would scream arranged marriage. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, tumblr said:

I really hope they aren't courting. Regardless of my feelings towards either of them I just feel like they would be a terrible match personality wise. To me it would be a match that would scream arranged marriage. 

Funny enough it would scream the complete opposite to me. I cannot imagine JB purposely encouraging his daughter to be married off to Mr. Big Ego- financially well set up by his own work-not being controllable-definitely not coming to live on the compound-probably being absolutely fine with not even pants but also maybe all sorts of music, dancing, maybe alcohol-and so on-Lawson Bates.

I think only the thought of having to sit in between Lawson and Jeremy at dinner or together in the car gives him nightmares for weeks. Man, if this is happening I will have to be very disciplined not to go and actually spent money to watch it (I will never give a cent that in the end supports them in spreading their message.)

I don’t think I know enough about them to judge a possible relationship. I am aware of the famous Jana quote about “dirty fingernails men”, but honestly- that was already a couple of years ago. She very well might have changed her mind or doesn’t care that much anymore. Whatever though. At this second I think a Jana-Lawson romance is nothing but fanfic.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:03 AM, just_ordinary said:

Funny enough it would scream the complete opposite to me. I cannot imagine JB purposely encouraging his daughter to be married off to Mr. Big Ego- financially well set up by his own work-not being controllable-definitely not coming to live on the compound-probably being absolutely fine with not even pants but also maybe all sorts of music, dancing, maybe alcohol-and so on-Lawson Bates.

I think only the thought of having to sit in between Lawson and Jeremy at dinner or together in the car gives him nightmares for weeks. Man, if this is happening I will have to be very disciplined not to go and actually spent money to watch it (I will never give a cent that in the end supports them in spreading their message.)

I don’t think I know enough about them to judge a possible relationship. I am aware of the famous Jana quote about “dirty fingernails men”, but honestly- that was already a couple of years ago. She very well might have changed her mind or doesn’t care that much anymore. Whatever though. At this second I think a Jana-Lawson romance is nothing but fanfic.

I hadn't thought of it like that. Lawson is a decent bit more independent than the normal Duggar husband but then again so is Jeremy and so was Dwreck when he first came around. 

Sadly I worry if Jana is courting anyone right now that it will be a forced/arranged marriage just to boost ratings/make sure she doesn't become an old fundie maid. But especially if it is someone who the Duggars have known for a long time to me that would she its less of a love match and more of a convenient match. 

• Upvote 3

IF they are courting (I'm personally on the fence about it), I can't help but think about that line from 94's "Little Women" where after things strike out with Jo - remember how some of us speculated he was interested in Jinger, right before she met Jeremy? - . . . That Laurie starts trying to court Amy, with that epic line of, "I have always known I belonged in the March family".

So now all I can imagine IF he's courting Jana, is, "I have always known I belonged in the Duggar fame - I mean, family."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 3

I don't think there's anything between Lawson and Jana but I'd prefer to see her with him than many of the other choices we've seen (Tabi Paine for example). I'd rather have fame whore Lawson that dejected creep Derick.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I don't think there's anything between Lawson and Jana but I'd prefer to see her with him than many of the other choices we've seen (Tabi Paine for example). I'd rather have fame whore Lawson that dejected creep Derick.

At least her life would be somewhat interesting with him versus some of the other rejects. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I really don't understand the people who stay that want Jana to have a courtship with Lawson when it's obvious that she should be with Chad Pine or someone similar. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Did you see Lawson's IG with him holding a rose? It seems natural for everyone to think of The Bachelor. But do they even know what The Bachelor is?

• Upvote 5

The rose photo is hilarious. It really does look like he's trying to be on the Bachelor/Bachelorette.

It's going to be something terribly lame, like Lawson's for a new single, (and he's still single!). 

Just adds more fuel to the Jana/Lawson courtship train though. 

• Upvote 9

The picture. My guess is it's for a song. But if not, we'll know soon! 1/24/19 is of course a Thursday, the day the Bates show airs. It can't be a courtship date, because how does he know the lady will say yes unless they are already courting? I'm 90% it's a song and 10% it is a courtship announcement.

Also, huge BEC, but brown shoes with a navy suit is the modern style!

But also a fundie bachelor would be hilarious. They could still do the rose ceremony, but no one would get one on one dates, as they always need chaperones. Competitions could be Bible quoting, cooking, assembling modern modest outfits, hymn singing. Group dates could be... Bible quoting, cooking, hymn singing. Oh and their dads would be standing behind them the entire time. For every rose, Lawson would have to ask the dad in private, who would then challenge Lawson with doctrine, and only then could Lawson present the rose. It would be mind-numbingly boring but also amazing.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Lawson isn’t this sneaky, but how big of a meltdown would FJ have if he has secretly courted/ gotten engaged and that is his small, intimate (siblings only?) wedding date? Haha! It’s definitely a new single or album though. ? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

I don't think lawson would ever secretly get engaged, because an all out there proposal gets him way more attention and that's what he lives for. Same with a wedding. I don't think he'd ever do a small, family only, wedding. I think he's going to be much more like Carlin is now, documenting every step of the way and constantly reminding people that he is engaged and about to get married. We'll never see and hear the end of it ?

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

The picture. My guess is it's for a song. But if not, we'll know soon! 1/24/19 is of course a Thursday, the day the Bates show airs. It can't be a courtship date, because how does he know the lady will say yes unless they are already courting? I'm 90% it's a song and 10% it is a courtship announcement.

Also, huge BEC, but brown shoes with a navy suit is the modern style!

But also a fundie bachelor would be hilarious. They could still do the rose ceremony, but no one would get one on one dates, as they always need chaperones. Competitions could be Bible quoting, cooking, assembling modern modest outfits, hymn singing. Group dates could be... Bible quoting, cooking, hymn singing. Oh and their dads would be standing behind them the entire time. For every rose, Lawson would have to ask the dad in private, who would then challenge Lawson with doctrine, and only then could Lawson present the rose. It would be mind-numbingly boring but also amazing.

I took a look online. The episode description says this:

DDC40CBB-CF99-418A-9347-F0112813CCF9.thumb.png.728d2eec05368c4e62dddcaa2c697081.png

I would have guessed the new song would pop up during a wedding episode. He seems to write a new one each tine a sibling gets married, which is kind of sweet. 

ETA: Maybe that’s the day he’s releasing Josie's wedding song so people can buy it? Or the date he’s announcing the new song so people will know when and where to buy it?

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 11

He tagged the nonprofit one for ending poverty and aids in Africa, so another mission trip? If that’s the case, I don’t get the rose unless it’s a courtship/mission trip combined? 

57 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

He tagged the nonprofit one for ending poverty and aids in Africa, so another mission trip? If that’s the case, I don’t get the rose unless it’s a courtship/mission trip combined? 

So he's going to get down on his knees in some African village and propose courtship to a maiden with a heart for missions? Yeah, that isn't happening. And yes, he totally needs brown shoes with that suit.

The song better be titled Batchelor Till the Rapture. Or a Rose for Jesus.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I would have guessed the new song would pop up during a wedding episode. He seems to write a new one each tine a sibling gets married, which is kind of sweet. 

On the preview for next week it shows Evan, Carlin, Lawson and other family members at a Nashville studio. Evan “sneaks in” the recording booth and apparently sings a song to Carlin informing her of their engagement trip. This relationship is going to be turned into a musical.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I would so watch “The Bachelor: Fundie Edition!” See where the Lord leads his heart!

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic