IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 3: Predicted 9/11 After CNN

DaisyD

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fun, I wonder how many people were sitting around a laptop in one of their offices trying to school us?  What a bizarre picture.  As many others have said, they did the most in convincing the world they they are a cult out of everyone.  I’m pleased we waisted their afternoon.  

In all fairness I have ditched my new healthy eating habits because of our recent situation.  Carbs are freaking amazing.

8 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

I wonder how many people were sitting around a laptop in one of their offices trying to school us?  What a bizarre picture.  As many others have said, they did the most in convincing the world they they are a cult out of everyone.  I’m pleased we waisted their afternoon.  

I do wonder how it came about. Did Gwen gather the people and tell them to come do this? Did a group decide it on their own. Were there fights on what to say and how to give non-answers? Do they feel humiliated or are they so brainwashed they can't see how bad they made RF look with how they refused to give answers? They did seem thrown off by being expected to give direct answers. How do these people function in society if they flake out if anyone asks them questions about this church they keep trying to get people to attend? 

So many questions that we will probably never get answers to because Gwen has appeared to have brainwashed the ability to answer questions right out of their heads. 

Every time I look at her, I feel reminded of Jim Bob and his liberal use of Aqua-Net. And then I wonder in which proportion the hair raises to the sales Aqua-Net makes. How much does Aqua-Net make by the inch? Should I buy shares?

Does she have pearls draped through her hair now? And there is clearly something stuck in that hair to raise it up higher.  I want to know the full song where the lyrics we see on the screen are "it runs deeper than Vidalias because you have peeled back so many layers." I'm not sure who writes the songs but that does not appear to be a Fanny Crosby or an Isaac Watts. 

No.  They did NOT try to pull off the Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof.  OH HELL NO.  I might have to go hurt somebody.  

WTF is up with Gwen's dress?  It looks like a billowing trash bag.

54 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Does she have pearls draped through her hair now? And there is clearly something stuck in that hair to raise it up higher.  I want to know the full song where the lyrics we see on the screen are "it runs deeper than Vidalias because you have peeled back so many layers." I'm not sure who writes the songs but that does not appear to be a Fanny Crosby or an Isaac Watts. 

My browser freezes for a second every time I try to scroll past this picture. I think my laptop is afraid of her hair. :pb_lol:

13 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Well that was fun, I wonder how many people were sitting around a laptop in one of their offices trying to school us?

I picture one person with no friends even within the cult sitting alone in a room, pretending that other people are behind them as they type out carefully worded posts, imaginary supporters nodding in agreement at every sentence.

I have a feeling that if I actually found myself in the same room as Gwen, I would completely forget about her hair too. Terror totally makes me freeze and I would be terrified!
I can't imagine how actually scary she is in personal interactions to make people behave the way they do. Grown men and women are scouring the corners of the internet to talk to random strangers about her reputation. Like, wtf.

And did you all notice that none of these people had anything to say about God and their supposed love of God based on their beliefs? They only defended Gwen. In my memory, apologist non-cult members will try to always bring it back to their particular God. That says more to me than any of their other speeches.

If you can imagine this skull shape with bleached blond hair attached it sure would look like Gwen.....

paracas_skulls.jpeg.02dcb11582406c8472bba76ef948a64f.jpeg

And if you've ever watched Ancient Aliens (or read Candy Brauer's blog) you know where this leads....

Spoiler

Nephilim-Skull-VS-Human-Skull.thumb.png.7d44fe351bdc1bb03f1d965c249ebafb.png

Now They know I'm on to Them. I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat.

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How do these people function in society if they flake out if anyone asks them questions about this church they keep trying to get people to attend? 

I think it's easier to deflect in person because there are so many other cues going on. In text the original question is easy to remember, because it's there in black and white. In person it gets lost in the follow up to diversions, unless the interviewer is really good and can drag the person back from their predetermined talking points.

I’m a heretic heathen super liberal medicine woman who loves Jesus. I belong nowhere and everywhere, I don’t think Gwen would like me. :giggle:

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

No.  They did NOT try to pull off the Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof.  OH HELL NO.  I might have to go hurt somebody.  

WTF is up with Gwen's dress?  It looks like a billowing trash bag.

I had to look twice, thinking, wait, they are doing the bottle dance?  WTF?

The dress is a throwback to one of the worst designs of the 80s: the bubble hem dress.   Maybe she dug it out from the depths of her closet.

33 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

The dress is a throwback to one of the worst designs of the 80s: the bubble hem dress.   Maybe she dug it out from the depths of her closet.

The bubble hem dress is even older: there was one for the Barbies of the late ‘50s.

I don't think I've seen this here yet. I've added a link at the bottom for anyone who cares to read the article. Not much that's new but it does go in greater depth on some of the Remnant sticking points like the trinity.

J011-1.jpg.502857a7539a2eff5c3af20f134efc7c.jpg

An excerpt

Spoiler

According to Shamblin, it has been her goal all along to evangelize the apostate churches and bring in her version of the gospel. Since the churches were unlikely to allow her to come right in and openly expose them as “counterfeits,” she was forced to use stealth. She says: “For the last twenty years I’ve had concerns about the state of the church and my first response was Weigh Down which was a message that sent lordship, total lordship, into the back door really of churches.”13

What kind of teacher sneaks into the “back door” of churches in order to introduce “another gospel” to the flock? False brethren do such things! 

http://www.equip.org/article/gwen-shamblin-weighed-found-wanting/

20 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Well that was fun, I wonder how many people were sitting around a laptop in one of their offices trying to school us?  What a bizarre picture.  As many others have said, they did the most in convincing the world they they are a cult out of everyone.  I’m pleased we waisted their afternoon.  

In all fairness I have ditched my new healthy eating habits because of our recent situation.  Carbs are freaking amazing.

I wonder if Gwen was in that conversation, or at least directing some of it.  They mostly just managed to convince me even more that they are a cult.  I already thought they were, but they did not accomplish anything with that whole conversation.  Conversation may not be a fitting word, it was more like an attempt to brainwash us.  Which failed miserably.

6 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

And did you all notice that none of these people had anything to say about God and their supposed love of God based on their beliefs? They only defended Gwen. In my memory, apologist non-cult members will try to always bring it back to their particular God. That says more to me than any of their other speeches.

Absolutely. 

Can one of our ex-RF members shoot me down if I’m wrong please?

From what I’m reading, it seems like it’s because it’s not about God or Jesus except on a superficial level. It’s all about Gwen. She is their god.

@SuperNova, I haven't finished it, but that's an interesting article so far. I came to this part:

Shamblin is incensed that people have been taught in their churches that there is nothing one can do to earn salvation. She is very open in her opposition to salvation by grace through faith without works, and she claims that when Paul spoke against performing “works” for salvation, he was referring merely to “Jewish customs.” Works are absolutely essential in Shamblin’s salvation scheme. She despises the churches for giving people the hope of salvation without having to work for it. 

So, no salvation by grace alone. Somehow I would have thought that little tidbit would get at least as much attention as her denial of the Trinity. It explains some of the Remnant practices we've heard about. I would guess that losing weight and keeping it off would be the most important "work" in the Gospel According to Gwen.

I wouldn't mind it if "works" meant helping those in need. Unfortunately, it inevitably means winning souls. I just don't see how they got from Jesus' words to "You can only go to heaven if you pressgang people into your very specific version of religion".

Hey there! I just figured I’d add my two cents in. I’m also a former member, and left a few years before @RFsurvivor and @RFSurvivor_2 left. 

In response to some of the claims from Rfhmmm and InAllFairness that people are not shunned... that’s a load of crap! When I left, my “friends” on Facebook dropped by almost 3/4. Simply because I was no longer a member. To my recollection, I did not actively attack the church or my friends, but simply answered questions if asked them. I also distinctly remember being the recipient of many emails stating that a specific person was no longer a member and that I needed to unfriend them as soon as possible. So yeah. To say that remnant does not shun people who leave is a complete lie. There are anomalies of course, specifically if there is “hope” that a person will rejoin. 

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Absolutely. 

Can one of our ex-RF members shoot me down if I’m wrong please?

From what I’m reading, it seems like it’s because it’s not about God or Jesus except on a superficial level. It’s all about Gwen. She is their god.

Yes. It’s all about Gwen. But the way that they’ve twisted the thinking is insane. Members of remnant truly believe that Gwen is a prophet and that she hears from God/that she knows what God wants. It’s assumed that whatever Gwen thinks is what God thinks. Many (almost all?) members will take Gwen’s opinion as God’s word. They believe that they are defending “God’s chosen prophet” when they defend Gwen, and therefore they are defending God. It’s so twisted.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I wonder if Gwen was in that conversation, or at least directing some of it. 

Ha! They don’t do anything without Gwen/Leadership approval. 

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So many questions that we will probably never get answers to because Gwen has appeared to have brainwashed the ability to answer questions right out of their heads. 

At one point, there was a list of scriptures that people were expected to memorize called the “battle scriptures”. The purpose was to be able to defend their faith. However, most of these scriptures are taken completely out of context and are one or two verses each. They were also explained by Gwen and therefore had her spin on it. 

By the way, I’ve very much enjoyed reading this thread and the others. I’ve been following it since near the beginning and have loved every second of it. :) 

On 10/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, InAllFairness said:

We are Going to jump off after this last response. Again we are only posting things that will encourage truth seekers to continue searching for themselves beyond this forum. Several of these questions are addressed in Gwens teachings or on her website. We have political preferences from all ends of the spectrum in our church. I think the majority would fall in the category of believing both sides have lost their mind and are creating a mutually toxic environment in our country today. But we do not speak for the general membership. Leadership does not get involved in influencing the general membership one way or another. Their focus is teaching people how to have a relationship With God. If you do that effectively  it doesn’t really matter what’s going on in the world around you. If you have an eternal perspective and are aware of the Scripture that says our lives are like a mist here one moment gone the next. If that’s true everything else doesn’t really matter. 

Certainly not going to get into a doctrinal debait in this forum. There is plenty in the, what do we believe, section of our website. If you go through that and it intrigues you to keep looking great, if not that’s totally fine also. 

A brief comment on Joe and Gwen’s relationship marriage. There’s obviously no way to prove anything. Those who are intent on looking negatively on or making Gwen look bad will continue to promote their narrative. I will give a brief description of timelines and how it happened  so that onlookers have a brief understanding of the story. 

Before we get into it, to answer why you have not seen pictures or a ceremony.  Neither Gwen nor the Remnant  is overly concerned about being on anybody else’s timeline in putting this stuff out. As important as a few of you on this form think you are, the vast majority of the world isnt trying to pick it apart. Therefore we are not worried about putting information out quickly to squash whatever accusations or narratives FJ Members are trying to put out there. As has been stated multiple times we’re not even making any of these posts for your benefit but to be on here for anybody in the future who looks at this form. Don’t worry though, plenty of pictures and information will be made public on the church website shortly, we would presume. 

As RFhmmm Stated, obviously the separation between Gwen and her husband had been a long time coming. The paperwork that was filed in October was simply the start of the legal process. Joe attend the church for the first time and met everybody at the end of August. He did go to work with exodus industries sense being a general contractor is his background And what he did when he came to the church. He did go to Destin with a large group including multiple Exodus industry workers to do work on Gwen’s house. He stayed in a separate house with those workers. Over time, after Gwen filed for divorce their friendship began.  Without getting into private details of the divorce process, it was believed that both sides were in agreement on how to separate their vast financial holdings and that the divorce will be finalized within weeks as a result of their agreement. Unfortunately that did not happen and so the process of unwinding  and distributing their assets began the long process that it takes to do that. The idea of the relationship being something more than a friendship happen months after everyone thought we were only a few weeks away from the Divorce being final. There were multiple time frames in which an agreement had been made and a finalization date set only to be changed again at the last moment. Feelings grow as a relationship develops regardless of the courts time frame. What we are certain of is that no actions were taken on these feelings until the divorce was finalized.  Yes the engagement happened shortly after the paperwork became final but that’s because their friendship had grown to a point where they knew that was the direction they wanted to go. And yes they kept it at a friendship level which is the most powerful way to start a relationship. Based on their age it’s not unusual for quick engagements and marriages once individuals know what they want to do. She also did not take one step in regards to a divorce or engagement and remarriage prior to taking it before the entire leadership of the church and getting their approval. Based on the leaderships intimate knowledge of what she went through in her marriage they unanimously approved the divorce and based on getting to know Joe over the previous year they unanimously approved of their marriage. 

Never say never but I believe this will be the last post made. There’s enough information out there and everybody can draw their own conclusions by the attitudes of everybody who has posted of what the truth is or whether or not there’s more to the story if you are considering getting involved with Weigh Down or Remnant.  One last piece of advice. If any family member out there thinks that they have answers for life that are better than what Remnant teaches and you have a family member in Remnant or heading that direction, do what we do. Simply live your life and and let the fruit of your life cause them to decide which direction to go. Our church is rapidly growing because despite what they read on forms like this they cannot deny the positive Fruit in the lives of those inside remnant church. You don’t have to call them brainwashed cult followers. Just let your life out Shine ours and they will want to follow you.

Personally, I think it sounds great.  Sign me up for all this!  Clearly doing it right. s/

Holy CULT Batman.  Showed your whole culty self there.  We? How many people are with you right now? I hope there are other people with you right now......Dang, that was textbook cult right there. Tragic. 

20 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I had a snoop at some of the Facebook accounts that were tagged in that album and it's like every profile is the same! Thin, blonde, white couples. Girls with their hair curled. Lots of wedding photos or professional shoots. Everyone dressed up in matching outfits. Everyone has giant grins. What a same-y little world they live in. 

8 hours ago, RemnantSurvivor said:

At one point, there was a list of scriptures that people were expected to memorize called the “battle scriptures”. The purpose was to be able to defend their faith. However, most of these scriptures are taken completely out of context and are one or two verses each. They were also explained by Gwen and therefore had her spin on it.

Is this why they try to avoid answering specific questions about their doctrine and beliefs? They have the scriptures memorized and Gwen's spin on it, but can't handle it if anyone doesn't take what they say at face value? 

Is Gwen prosperity gospel? I'm trying to wade through what they believe, but I can't watch her videos and a lot of  the info is in videos. She is works based salvation, though. How many works does someone have to do to make sure they are saved? I would think spending a fortune on a large house, tons of clothes, and however much it costs to maintain that hair would be subtracting points from her works to get to heaven tally. That Gwen indulges herself with worldly possessions is something that none of them would even address. I bet she could feed a ton of homeless people with her hair and make up budget alone!

Am I correct in thinking they don't support social welfare programs and when they talk about helping others it is only helping those in good standing in the church? 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived