IGNORED

What is the latest Maxwell post about?

Guest purposing

I think it's a photo of a baby bear....and they used the bible verse because it has the word 'bear' in it? :think:

Took me a minute to see the bear too. I was distracted by the earlier post about the hike with a "brother in christ" in hopes of someone for Sarah. When I saw he was Steve's age, I got the sads.....

Took me a minute to see the bear too. I was distracted by the earlier post about the hike with a "brother in christ" in hopes of someone for Sarah. When I saw he was Steve's age, I got the sads.....

hey, it could still happen. :puke-front::puke-huge:

I would have been unbelievably happy/amused if they had used the verse in Kings where the kids are making fun of Elisha ("Go up thou baldhead!") and they're immediately mauled by bears.

I would have been unbelievably happy/amused if they had used the verse in Kings where the kids are making fun of Elisha ("Go up thou baldhead!") and they're immediately mauled by bears.

But that would miss the lesson on foolishness. Can't be without a lesson.

One of the comments:

"This picture requires information for those of us who worry and pray you’ll never encounter a bear on your hikes!"

Do people actually do that? Who does that? Why the fuck does anybody actually pray that the Maxwells never encounter a bear on a hike?

That's pretty much my favorite bible story. Although a close second for me is the one where King Dave schtupps Uriah's wife and gets her knocked up, so he calls Uriah back from the field to spend a night with his wife, thus getting David off the hook for the pregnancy. But, Uriah being a true warrior, refuses to spend a night with his wife while his soldiers are in the field, so David has to set him up to be killed.

It's my husband's favorite Bible story. He's bald so he has it permanently lodged in his brain, ready at a moment's notice. ;) His brother was making fun of him for it last year so he looked it up for him on his phone and that shut him up pretty quickly. ;)

Do people actually do that? Who does that? Why the fuck does anybody actually pray that the Maxwells never encounter a bear on a hike?

Maybe we should pray that they do meet another bear. And that the bear thinks Steve looks tasty. Free Sarah.

Maybe we should pray that they do meet another bear. And that the bear thinks Steve looks tasty. Free Sarah.

Hell, at this point I'll take a single, male bear looking to hook up so Sarah can get the F outta there! Living in the Smokies wouldn't be so bad would it?

Hell, at this point I'll take a single, male bear looking to hook up so Sarah can get the F outta there! Living in the Smokies wouldn't be so bad would it?

Every single, male bear I know is looking for another single male bear.

Oh, wait .... I get you, now. :doh:

Curious that Sarah changed to the passive voice -- "it was decided" -- rather than "Dad decided", isn't it? I rather imagine Steve reads here, or has a minion do it for him, and then edits before posting to make it look less like he is the Last Word on Everything.

As to the disappointment that no mama bear was seen in a tree: I was sincerely surprised that the story played out that way. I thought sure that one of those who had been praying to see a bear would then pray, "and may we please see a mama bear in a tree."

As for the Bible passage about "a man, a fool and a bereaved mama bear meet in the forest..." .... I suppose that the actual meaning was, "You're better off dealing with a bereaved mama bear than with a fool at the height of his game." IOW, stay away from fools. But what did Steve have in mind, quoting that? That the rest of the world outside himself and the family's "dear" friends are fools?

Or was he ready for another nap and let it slip by?

Finally, I'm surprised at the absence of comments about John's hot poses in the photos. Boyfriend knows he's got it going on. I'm thisclose to saying that somebody has access to a computer and reads FreeJinger and it's not just Steve! ;)

Archived