IGNORED

Has Lina always been so rude?

Kate

I know some people have been following her blog a lot more/longer than I have, and I'm wondering if the complete rudeness and disrespect for EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE (except "Love," of course) is new or just something I missed in my occasional reading?

I read this comment on the first Lina post on Skylar Curtis' blog:

I don't think she's trying to convert Jews. I think someone is misleading her and in the process she has come close to misleading others. Someone is feeding her lies and making her believe her religion is Orthodox Judaism and that she can convert while believing in Jesus.

And it made wonder how much of her current snootiness and self righteousness is based on TT (who's shown himself to be a respectless moron on these boards and a really shitty communicator even on "Sweetheart!'s" blog)?

Who is TT's former messianic employer and are they an organization of know it alls like this? Is this special form of "believe in Yeshua but not Christian can be Orthodox because we say so" part of what they preach? Or is this just who Lina's always been?

Edited because I forgot to add the requisite ! in Sweetheart!

I know some people have been following her blog a lot more/longer than I have, and I'm wondering if the complete rudeness and disrespect for EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE (except "Love," of course) is new or just something I missed in my occasional reading?

I read this comment on the first Lina post on Skylar Curtis' blog:

And it made wonder how much of her current snootiness and self righteousness is based on TT (who's shown himself to be a respectless moron on these boards and a really shitty communicator even on "Sweetheart!'s" blog)?

Who is TT's former messianic employer and are they an organization of know it alls like this? Is this special form of "believe in Yeshua but not Christian can be Orthodox because we say so" part of what they preach? Or is this just who Lina's always been?

Edited because I forgot to add the requisite ! in Sweetheart!

I think Lina's rudeness is just a manifestation of the fact that she is determined to get what she wants. Which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. Unless you think other people's religions are your own super speshul snowflake playthings.

I don't think she's inherently a rude person (though I do think her ability to speak so highly of liars i.e. converts to Orthodox Judaism that believe in Jesus, is highly problematic and doesn't say too much about the content of her character).

Lina has always come off as a superior know-it-all on her blog, but strangely she is much more reasonable and sweet through email. I don't know what it is about the blogging platform that makes her sound so awful but....I don't think she's actually a bitch in real life.

Thanks, pomology and Beeks

I used to be in a school group with someone who was openly Christian but felt led to follow (some) Jewish customs and celebrate Jewish holidays and things like that--never, ever claimed to be anything but Christian, but she like to add those traditions from Judaism into her practice of Christianity. When I've read Lina, she always seemed to me to be in that way--kind of experimenting with Jewish practice and sharing what she was reading, but openly sharing her "experiments" with it all, until recently when it's been more like she's so offended that people don't believe she's what she says she is because, duh!, she says so!

Lina has always come off as a superior know-it-all on her blog, but strangely she is much more reasonable and sweet through email. I don't know what it is about the blogging platform that makes her sound so awful but....I don't think she's actually a bitch in real life.

I remember reading this before and thinking it seemed to fit, until lately.

I agree with Beeks, she's super nice in emails.

But I have noticed that ever since she's been with TT, her "blogging voice" has become extra snootier than it was in the past.

Archived