IGNORED

Counting On Season 5/6/7 Who Knows? It's on Tonight!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TatiFish9

• allthegoodnamesrgone

• singsingsing

• tabitha2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kendra's entire speech about choosing to go to the same doctor her mother has for her last three births because they know him and she's had good experiences, and choosing to go the doctor/hospital rou

Johanna’s face when Josiah and Lauren have their dinner at the TTH is avatar worthy.    

Okay, maybe it's just the drink talking, but in an ideal world, wouldn't people use deodorant regardless of their relationship status? You know, just for the common good?

Posted Images

HarleyQuinn

I cringed just reading about that honeymoon. They sounded like "ugly American tourists" 

I'm also a bit sad because learning about Greek Mythology was one of my favorite things in school. I'm not surprised the producers tried to get them to name other Gods. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
MarblesMom

So.Much.Giggling.

Thanks again @Buzzard.   

Edited by MarblesMom
space
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
TZmom

Ugh...does Josiah even like Lauren? He seems like he's tolerating her at best. And she seems normal-ish when she's with the sisters but turns into a silly little girl around him- but just because she thinks she is supposed to. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
Dandruff

Did I miss something, or did Josiah and JB not so much as look at each other when the parents came up to bless the bride and groom?

• Upvote 3
seashell1025

I like how honest Kendra was about chaperones. And how she mentioned how weird it was for their first little bit after being married because it was just the two of them.  Obviously as we know it wasn't too long of weirdness apparently because we know how quickly she got pregnant. lol. 

• Upvote 9
WiseGirl

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

wouldn't people use deodorant regardless of their relationship status? You know, just for the common good.

Clearly it has been a while since you've been in a middle school classroom after gym class...or when it is hot...or it is Monday through Friday. This deodorant thing has a learning curve, lol. Nothing like the smell of eau de middle school classroom. 

@Buzzard as always thanks for taking one for the team. I am very grateful to not have to watch this.

*WiseGirl exits muttering something about Percy Jackson, gods and godesses being covered in the 6th grade curriculum, ... these people would know this if they got an education...*

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3
justmy2cents
27 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, maybe it's just the drink talking, but in an ideal world, wouldn't people use deodorant regardless of their relationship status? You know, just for the common good?

I believe they said that he uses more deodorant, not that he just started using deodorant?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
CaricatureQualities

Jeremiah's answer to " do you know any characters (so not only gods...anybody) from greek mythology?"

"Napoleon?"

!!!

And Jeremy...how many thick leather bound books do you have on your fancy book shelf that you claim to study all the time. So you study christian antiquity all the time but can barely name Zeus. Like really. Christianity just sprang up from a total void, there is no context or surrounding world. Of course the world was only around for like 4000 years before the time of Jesus... and every bit of that is detailed in the bible....so why would they really worry about worldly history that much. There can't be that much to know right.

The fact that they don't realize the magnitude of what they don't know really scares me.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1
Rachel333
6 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Jeremiah's answer to " do you know any characters (so not only gods...anybody) from greek mythology?"

"Napoleon?"

That really makes their homeschooling look bad.

I'm less bothered by people not knowing things than when people seem proud of what they don't know.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 14
luv2laugh

I was disappointed to hear Joe wasn’t more enthusiastic about helping Kendra in the kitchen. 

• Upvote 6
Snarkasarus Rex

What I find most disturbing is that Boob is totes OK with making his kids look like idiots on national TV for a buck.  He could insist that they only ask questions his kids can answer intelligently (or at least have a prepared answer for).  But that's not as entertaining, is it?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
freedomfromfrumpers
9 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

remy...how many thick leather bound books do you have on your fancy book shelf that you claim to study all the time. So you study christian antiquity all the time but can barely name Zeus. Like really. Christianity just sprang up from a total void, there is no context or surrounding world. Of course the world was only around for like 4000 years before the time of Jesus... and every bit of that is detailed in the bible....so why would they really worry about worldly history that much. There can't be that much to know right.

The fact that they don't realize the magnitude of what they don't know really scares me.

That Syracuse education didn't do much for you did it Jer ... Ben just showed you up multiple times.

• Upvote 24
Don'tlikekoolaid

I’m watching the honeymoon now.  Had to break out the weed.  (On diet can’t drink!).  Now watching the portrait part......has toke.  And another!  Wtf this is so painful.  Can’t stop watching! Help!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

I am sorry, but Joseph responding with the Greek man with "si" was absolutely hilarious. He realized what he did as soon as he did it. It was cute. I actually have found those two really funny on their honeymoon. Far better than watching any of the others. Joseph is pretty funny. 

I wasn't surprised they didn't know the gods. They don't read or watch that sort of thing. The average person doesn't need that knowledge really, it's not like they are ever going to have jobs that would require that, and I know they most likely didn't study any of it. What I was surprised with was Ben knowing them all. Go Ben! 

• Upvote 17
ihaveanexamintwodays

I watched this episode because I realized for the first time that I *could* log in to TLC after all, ha. It was.....not as bad as I expected it to be? JoKen in Greece was horridly cringey of course, but overall not as boring of an hour as it could've been lol. 

Seriously fucked up timelines though. I think maybe this is TLC's attempt at "catching up" on the major stuff though? I mean, they completely own up to this episode skipping through September (honeymoon), November (Benessa year3 & Joy saying she's 5mo preg), and January (courtship) + whenever the JinJer drawing date occurred. Episode 2 will cover JoKen's reveal to the family (December or earlier). Ep 3 includes a JoStin babymoon (probs early 2018) but also a JinJer family reveal (probs Nov or Dec). Ep 4 lists JinJer's 1st anniversary (November), JoKen jender reveal (early March), and Si asking Dwain Swanson for courtship permission (probably late 2017). what the actual fuck, haha. for once, so many notable events have occurred in Duggarland in the past year that we can, without any difficulty, call the "reality" show out on its time warp. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
VineHeart137

Yeah I noticed how wonky this episode was, timeline-wise, as well. Originally I didn't think they would be able to introduce Abbie this season but with the way they're skipping around maybe they'll manage it in the last episode? Although if they follow their usual formula, the last episode should feature the SiRen wedding, so who knows.

• Upvote 3
SpurgysingsHipHop

Jessa says that she can't even imagine life without kids. It's kind of sad but pretty true, It's all she knows. She spent the first part of her life  watching someone have kids, watching those kids n now she's spending the rest of it looking at her own all the while still being pretty young.

Edited by SpurgysingsHipHop
Her name isnt Jessica
  • Upvote 10
bananabread

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Joe and Kendra's chemistry is! They seem really happy and comfortable together. I'm glad the courtship thing works out for some people.

Josiah and Lauren, on the other hand... :/

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
TatiFish9

Definitely need some clarification about Lauren's schooling. Josiah gets points for mentioning that he was attracted to not just her *pure heart* but her mind. Or something like that. He said she was doing college. What does that mean?

Eta: to be clear, he did not say those exact words. I'm paraphrasing.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Snarkasarus Rex
19 minutes ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

That Syracuse education didn't do much for you did it Jer ... Ben just showed you up multiple times.

Eh, SU is overrated. I'm from there and didn't even think of going there.  Jeremy thinks he's way smarter than he actually is...I can't with his sermons...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
tabitha2

Jeremy looks sharp and polished with his books and sermons but actually is less informed and studied than pretty boy supposedly  not as bright young Ben whom I suspect had more genuine interest in Church and Religious history and persons. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
HermioneSparrow
1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Jeremy looks sharp and polished with his books and sermons but actually is less informed and studied than pretty boy supposedly  not as bright young Ben whom I suspect had more genuine interest in Church and Religious history and persons. 

That reminds me Jessa's letter about how genuine Ben is about his faith.

Also Ben IS college educated, and if he knows more than Jeremy I hope he homeschools his kids.

• Upvote 23
TatiFish9

I  didn't see the whole episode but I commend Josiah for saying Hercules and showing the muscles. That means he knows at least some of the mythos behind the name.

I am starting to think Jeremy is a psuedo intellectual.  I am not entirely sure I am mad at that. Some people like books and brainy things for the ambiance but not so much the challenge of it. Otherwise he is pretending not to know so much, because God forbid he be caught knowing something so worldy as "false gods"! I do think it's the latter mixed in with the years removed from schooling. At this point in his life and line of work, he has no reason to retain the details of that quiz.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Buzzard locked this topic