IGNORED

RIP Steve Jobs...WBC to picket funeral

let-them-eat-cake

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT.

NO.

FUCK FRED PHELPS. WITH A CACTUS. THAT IS ON FIRE.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have been my heroes since I was three years old. Fuck midterm exams, I'm getting on a plane to go kick some WBC ass. :evil:

My condolences to his family. I just got an email from the dean of my sub-college. Everyone majoring in IT or computer science/engineering is supposed to wear black tomorrow.

The WBC has totes gone from hate-mongerers to a joke, but they can still disrupt a funeral where family are mourning a deep loss. That's what keeps me from just totally writing them off -- they still cause people pain. I hope they back off the threat to picket Jobs' funeral. But if they do - oh, my Lord, the holy Hell that will be unleashed upon them. That Anonymous hack they got last year is going to look like nothing compared to what a legion of apple computer geeks could do.

I agree with you. Although I pity rather than hate them now, I will never write them off because they do cause people suffering and that is unacceptable. They're incredible cowards who hide behind the constitution and the bible to justify their bigotry and hate speech. They have absolutely no place attending the funerals of soldiers, who, even if you detest the war, are still incredibly brave and strong people who actually fought real battles for a cause they believed in, not the BS 'spiritual' wars the WBC wage on the LGBT community and everyone who supports it in the most incidental way.

I heard about it a while ago. I didn't believe it at first. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN BILL GATES!

RIP Steve. Your contribution to the world has NOT gone unnoticed.

Steve Jobs was adopted. He was reunited with his birthparents, who later married. His full bio sibling is the novelist Mona Simpson. He would not support AB 1349, a bill to restore the right of access to original birth certificates to adult adoptees, in CA in 2000. He was born and adopted in CA. He did not support the work of Bastard Nation to work for the rights of adopted adults to have a copy of their original birth certificate. A few of my BN friends boycott Apple products for that reason. I don't because Apple/Macintosh are so superior to PCs.

He also refused to pay child support for his daughter, saying he was sterile. The mother eventually got a court ordered paternity test. In the words of Maury, "Steve, you are the father". So the court ordered child support. He never had a good relationship with his daughter when she was a child, don't know about now.

In other aspects of his personal life it sounds like he wasn't all that likable. But he was a great inventor and developer. And he will be missed in the world of technology.

Guest Anonymous

Any and all personal dislike I have for the involved poster aside, I don't think a thread where people are mourning a man's death is a great place to ride one's hobby horse issues roughshod all over.

It's just tacky.

Any and all personal dislike I have for the involved poster aside, I don't think a thread where people are mourning a man's death is a great place to ride one's hobby horse issues roughshod all over.

It's part of who he was. And given that I said he will be missed and his products are superior to the others out there I don't consider it tacky. Lots of similar posts in other places.

And for the record, any group protesting at his funeral are beyond tacky.

Someone should solicit donations for (RED) while the WBC is picketing his funeral.

Seriously. Jobs was a big part of (RED) and it would piss WBC off.

Guest Anonymous

It's just tacky.

I'm pretty much a throat dog, but I abide by the three day rule. Let them be dead for a three day minimum before dishing any dirt. Not like the dead person can feel the sting of someones words, but the living usually do.

It's just tacky.

I totally agree, Lissar. It's tacky and insensitive.

Nurse Nell, were you born all mature and shit? Have you never made a mistake? Steve regretted how he acted towards his daughter as a young man. Yes, he made mistakes. After all he was human. He was also a visionary.

Om Mani Padme Hung _/ \_ _/ \_ _/ \_

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with Lissar and PennySycamore. If you're looking for someone, anyone, who has led a blameless personal life, you're going to have a hell of a time finding that person. I think we've all done things we're not so proud of, we've all made mistakes. The WBC are all the vultures we need- let the poor man rest in peace.

RIP Steve.

Wish I was closer to go to his funeral (and be apart of the against WBC). The WBC are insane and they must not be thinking right because the fallout of picking Steve Jobs funeral will be bigger than they can imagine.

How terrible. And those Westboro "Baptist" Church people think they are going to heaven....? They certainly are "judging" with hate. They are completely contradicting scripture.

How terrible. And those Westboro "Baptist" Church people think they are going to heaven....? They certainly are "judging" with hate. They are completely contradicting scripture.

They think that because the Bible says "Esau have I hated", it gives them permission to openly hate anyone and everyone.

They must get exhausted spending so much time on the road picketing funerals. How do they even have time to unpack? Maybe they have their own version of Uriah that they can keep all their traveling clothes, toiletries, picket signs and loudspeakers in.

Do a little reasearch. FInd out who they routinely protest in their home town. Get people to donate money in Fred's name for every minute they protest. Have a publicity campaign of some type. THey don't stay very long and it helps some really worthy causes that put up with their "free speech" daily.

Topeka Aids Project used to be a good one to donate to.

since there is basically no logic in whose funerals they decide to "attend", i can very well imagine them there.

i think/hope that there will be so many people there though who honor him , they'll hardly be regonized.

one of the greatest entrepreneurs of our time and maybe all times. what's to dislike about that?

i mean i'd understand if they'd critiize the iphone production and the way they supposedly treat their people. but to give god no glory... oh well..not everyone is entitled to do that. but then again, as stated before, there really is no logic in what they're doing.

Not to mention Jesus. I don't think Jesus would've picketed at ANYBODY'S funeral.

Archived