IGNORED

RIP Steve Jobs...WBC to picket funeral

let-them-eat-cake

twitter.com/#!/MargieJPhelps states that Westboro Baptist Church will picket Steve Jobs' funeral because he "had a huge platform and gave God no glory".

I don't know if that account is for real or not. :?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be disgusted but not surprised if it were true.

They think they got resistance at Comi-Con? They haven't seen anything yet!

RIP Steve - a visionary of our time.

For real. Kathy Griffin did a great bit on her first CD about how terrified she is of the "Apple enthusiasts." They will fuck WBC's shit up, and I totally support that.

From Shirley Phelps Roper's Twitter...

DearShirley Shirley Phelps-Roper

Westboro Baptist Church will picket Jobs' funeral. He is one of the Giants of Doomed US #ResponsibleForFagTakeover #HeIsInHell #Thankful

47 minutes ago

This shit just makes me sad, very sad!!

Those people are so stupid. They are a very small group, right? Maybe they'll all die off soon. Doesn't the pastor have a son who speaks up against the group?

Sometimes I do wish there was a hell, just so people like those of WBC could spend eternity there. If they hate the likes of Steve Jobs, then they have no business using a computer or smartphone to even tweet. Even if they aren't using Apple products he is a big reason they have access to the technology. Fucking hypocrites.

I just ... I have no words for these people. If they believe in a God as they say they do, they better pray for their own sorry souls.

From Shirley Phelps Roper's Twitter...

DearShirley Shirley Phelps-Roper

Westboro Baptist Church will picket Jobs' funeral. He is one of the Giants of Doomed US #ResponsibleForFagTakeover #HeIsInHell #Thankful

47 minutes ago

This shit just makes me sad, very sad!!

Wait, Twitter? Fuckin' Twitter? Didn't these d-bags protest Twitter?!

http://www.asylum.com/2010/01/29/westbo ... e-twitter/

:angry-banghead:

So WBC is going to protest Steve Jobs' funeral? Sorry, but BWHAHAHA. They have no idea what they will unleash if they do. I almost hope they do because the fallout will be one helluva show.

Any fellow Bay-Areans out there in FJ land who want to counter-protest WBC's protest? It's the least we could do for a man who changed the way we interact with the world.

Guest Anonymous

Right now 5 out of 10 of the worldwide trending topics on twitter are related to Steve Jobs.

RIP Steve Jobs

ThankYouSteve

iSad

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Apple II

I bet even the peaceful Buddhists at his Temple will smack the shit out of the WBC.

It's not nice to be mean to Apple believers you know.

One of the old Apple Corps!

edited because my mind goes faster than my hands

So WBC is going to protest Steve Jobs' funeral? Sorry, but BWHAHAHA. They have no idea what they will unleash if they do. I almost hope they do because the fallout will be one helluva show.

Fundies are one thing, but techie fanboys are a whole 'nother creature. They need to be careful before someone unleashes some klingon whoopass!

Listen.

Hear that sound? It's the sound of my eyes practically rolling out of my head. I can't get mad at the WBC anymore, they're just pathetic. As much as I love some of the counter stuff I've seen I'm coming around to the "ignore the assholes" side of things.

However, that being said, I now have the image of a bunch of badass Buddhist monks with various pieces of Apple gadgetry bearing down on the WBC in my head. And in my head, it is glorious. Sort of like if you manage to make a Vulcan mad, you better watch out!

twitter.com/#!/MargieJPhelps states that Westboro Baptist Church will picket Steve Jobs' funeral because he "had a huge platform and gave God no glory".

I don't know if that account is for real or not. :?

The irony is that this was posted from an iPhone.

My first thought upon reading the title of this thread was 'Of course they are, iphones are all the rage with the gay community, after all!11'.

The actual reason is even more stupid, and the fact I'm surprised by that is sad. These people are hatemongers and worse, but honestly? I think they're in for a very rough time at the funeral. Kathy speaks the truth (as usual), Apple fanatics are scary.

As lulzy as it is to see the WBC shouted down and beaten at its own game, obviously I don't want to see them at the funeral at all. They really are getting kind of desperate for attention these days. I've gone from loathing them with every ounce of my being to pitying them, and not even in a 'Oh well, Jesus still loves you' kind of way. In a 'wow, it must be rough to need validation so badly' kind of way.

The WBC has totes gone from hate-mongerers to a joke, but they can still disrupt a funeral where family are mourning a deep loss. That's what keeps me from just totally writing them off -- they still cause people pain. I hope they back off the threat to picket Jobs' funeral. But if they do - oh, my Lord, the holy Hell that will be unleashed upon them. That Anonymous hack they got last year is going to look like nothing compared to what a legion of apple computer geeks could do.

Archived