IGNORED

Trump 34: Leading the Alternate Reality

Destiny

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mamallama said:

Wasn't that one of his campaign promises?  To end the drought by not directing water to the ocean.

Maybe that's what The Wall is really supposed to do?  All this talk about keeping evil immigrants away from the U. S., but it's really about keeping water away from the U. S.?

"Must also tree clear to stop fire  spreading" 

Must first grammar destroy to stop sense making

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Maybe I’ll just an uneducated ebil liberal snowflake but what does he mean about water being diverted to the Pacific Ocean. Does he believe his own lies? 

My brain hurts and I need chocolate  

He is appealing to his base in California and California farmers. The "water being diverted to the Pacific Ocean" is where it naturally flows if humans do not completely suck it dry before it gets there. There is a fish called the delta smelt that is endangered due to low amounts of water in its habitat.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150403-smelt-california-bay-delta-extinction-endangered-species-drought-fish/

10 hours ago, thoughtful said:

The law of gravity?

Those pesky Obama era regulations! I heard it would want to dictate even the Moon's course in the sky! Would you believe it? Not even if the Earth were round! Unbelievable! 

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

"Must also tree clear to stop fire  spreading" 

Why even have an EPA when he articulates his environmental vision so well.  Clear cut all the forests, so we won't have forest fires.  Duh.  All that water runoff from clear cutting will produce massive amounts of water to use to put out forest fires.  Oh, wait...

I have a question about the Trump Tower meeting. Putin is, as we all know, leagues more intelligent than Trump (a very low bar to be sure, but there it is). He had to know that having such a meeting in such an obvious place would arouse suspicion, and maybe even eventually lead to discovery of the whole thing. So was Putin himself not involved, did he think Trump wouldn't win and it would be a non-issue, or did he set Trump up for this discovery?

I hope what I'm saying makes sense. Apologies in advance for any mental riffles.

Had secrecy been a huge concern I don't think they'd have made the arrangements via e-mail.

It is still tweeting about water

Maybe I'm the stupid one here but if it wants water DIVERTED from where it would normally go, isn't that the opposite of FREE FLOW?

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe I'm the stupid one here but if it wants water DIVERTED from where it would normally go, isn't that the opposite of FREE FLOW?

Well, you know the presidunce. He picks up a few random phrases here and there, and they tumble around in his head for a bit, making him dizzy trying to digest their meaning. After a while he sticks a couple of those phrases together in an attempt to stop all that whirling around in his brain because by now it's making  him feel nauseous. Then he picks up his phone and triumphantly shows his stable genius by tweeting gibberish.

Sweet Rufus. His self-aggrandizement is staggering. 

Trump replays his own rallies on White House dining room TV to show 'evidence of his brilliance', report says

Donald Trump revels in watching moments from his rallies on a television screen situated in the White House dining room, a new report claims.

The president’s affinity for television is well-documented, with multiple screens at his bedside reportedly playing major networks simultaneously throughout the night. But new reporting says Mr Trump's TV watching doesn't stop in the bedroom: he and his associates watch his nationwide rallies in a dining room attached to the Oval Office. 

"Wait for it," Mr Trump reportedly says as he watches special moments from his recent rallies that are preloaded onto a TiVo device. "See what I did there?"

In one occasion, the president compared himself to PT Barnum, an American politician and businessman known as the "the greatest showman", according to Axios. 

"People think it’s easy," Mr Trump said, according to one source who spoke anonymously. "I've been doing this a long time now and people are used to it, every rally, it's like, people have said PT Barnum. People have said that before. And they think that's easy, because hey, PT Barnum, he does the circus."

"They don’t realise, it’s a lot of work," Mr Trump reportedly added. "It's not easy."

Mr Trump has also enjoyed watching a moment from the 2016 presidential debate against Hillary Clinton in which he suggested he'd put the former Democratic candidate in jail if he were elected, the report goes on to add. 

It is not uncommon for politicians to replay their televised speeches and other moments from their rallies in an effort to improve strategic communications and political messaging.

However, rather than using the TV screening moments for research and assessment, the president reportedly "luxuriates in the moments he believes are evidence of his brilliance."

The White House did not respond to enquiries, though Mr Trump has repeatedly blasted the media for its coverage of his presidency on Twitter in recent days, while sharing footage from his Ohio rally over the weekend. 

Mr Trump described the media as "dangerous and sick" just after sharing a video from his speech, writing: "The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE."

"I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust."

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Well, you know the presidunce. He picks up a few random phrases here and there, and they tumble around in his head for a bit, making him dizzy trying to digest their meaning. After a while he sticks a couple of those phrases together in an attempt to stop all that whirling around in his brain because by now it's making  him feel nauseous. Then he picks up his phone and triumphantly shows his stable genius by tweeting gibberish.

Oh, so instead of a brain, he's got a rock polisher upstairs! Is the awful hairdo part of this in some way, or is like those decorative bows people put on their cars in December?

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

"Wait for it," Mr Trump reportedly says as he watches special moments from his recent rallies that are preloaded onto a TiVo device. "See what I did there?"

So, in addition to all of his other faults, he clearly is no judge of character or ability (OK, we already knew that).

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So Governor Brown is intentionally denying his residents free-flowing water?  Is that what Trump is alluding to?

24 minutes ago, JMarie said:

So Governor Brown is intentionally denying his residents free-flowing water?  Is that what Trump is alluding to?

I read a little further about this issue, and it's speculated that Trump is courting the agricultural community's votes and their need/wish for more water for crops and livestock.  Water rights are always a hot topic, but I don't believe Trump has thought through this issue with any depth.  (Surprise!)  So, he's probably just mushed together agriculture, votes, fires, headlines, and water and put it into a tweet or two.  I think @fraurosena explained this better up above.  If he'd try McDonald's fish sandwiches instead of quarter pounders, he might leave some water in the rivers for the fish.

So, if the Doctor says Scotland doesn't like Trump, may we please sic the Daleks on him?

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/400529-former-doctor-who-actor-rips-trump-on-behalf-of-the-scottish

Former “Doctor Who” actor David Tennant slammed President Trump  “on behalf of the Scottish nation” over the weekend.  “When he was over here and he was talking about England and he was saying 'I’m going out to Scotland for my golf course in Scotland cause people in London are protesting but obviously [in] Scotland they really like me, ' ” Tennant said on a British TV show, “can I say on behalf of the Scottish nation, we f---ing don’t?”

Is anyone else picturing a Dalek saying, Exterminate, exterminate? (I tried to put in a picture, but it was way too big...

27 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I read a little further about this issue, and it's speculated that Trump is courting the agricultural community's votes and their need/wish for more water for crops and livestock.  Water rights are always a hot topic, but I don't believe Trump has thought through this issue with any depth.  (Surprise!)  So, he's probably just mushed together agriculture, votes, fires, headlines, and water and put it into a tweet or two.  I think @fraurosena explained this better up above.  If he'd try McDonald's fish sandwiches instead of quarter pounders, he might leave some water in the rivers for the fish.

Great, now you've got me thinking about Filet-O-Fish sandwiches.  I loooove FOFs!

Cue the tantrum: "West Hollywood passes resolution to remove Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star"

Spoiler

The West Hollywood City Council has passed a resolution to remove President Donald Trump‘s Hollywood Walk of Fame star, according to the city’s mayor. 

“West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame,” West Hollywood Mayor John Duran tweeted Monday night.

Trump’s star has taken beating after beating since he began his run for president. On July 25, a man wielding a pickaxe turned the star into rubble. He later turned himself in to police.

West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. #horcruxdestroyed#bellicose#belligerent#unAmericanvalues#MakeAmericaintoAmericaAgain

— JohnDuran (@JohnDuran) August 7, 2018

A month before the 2016 election, it was similarly destroyed with a pickaxe, as shown through video obtained by Deadline at the time. That incident, according to the vandal, was done in response to the leaked Access Hollywood tape in which Trump made vulgar comments about women. The star had then been repaired.

That incident followed multiple others in which individuals built a wall around the star and spray painted a swastika on it. Last year, the star was vandalized with stickers, including ones that read “#IResist.”

So this just happened again... somebody used a pick axe to destroy Donald Trump's star on the Walk of Fame. Still trying to learn more, but we know it's been vandalized multiple times, just never on this level. @NBCLA Victor Park/Loudlabs pic.twitter.com/lzq7YrsSRV

— Jonathan Gonzalez (@JonathanNBCLA) July 25, 2018

In a statement issued on behalf of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, president and CEO Leron Gubler previously confirmed to EW that his organization is “working with the police in regards to this felony and intends to prosecute to the full extent of the law” — a course of action, he says, that “is something the Chamber would do for any Walk of Fame star that has been vandalized.”

After the most recent incident, the Hollywood Historic Trust had planned to restore Trump’s star “immediately,” but said it will require “several days of seasoning before it is polished.”

Gubler also reiterated a previous statement issued the last time Trump’s star was destroyed: “The Hollywood Walk of Fame is an institution celebrating the positive contributions of the inductees. When people are unhappy with one of our honorees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalize a California State landmark. Our democracy is based on respect for the law. People can make a difference by voting and not destroying public property.”

Trump received the star in 2007 for his hosting role on NBC’s The Apprentice.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The West Hollywood City Council has passed a resolution to remove President Donald Trump‘s Hollywood Walk of Fame star, according to the city’s mayor. 

I never understood why he had one. I know, it was for hosting a reality show, but, old movie fan that I am, I feel like the stars should be for a lifetime of doing something that involves actual skill -- acting, directing, costume design, etc.

Anyone remotely notable can nominate themselves, and if approved, pay like $40,000 and there you go - star on the walk of fame!

The idea is that other people nominate you, and pay the fee, and you are then "honored", but I'm sure Trump nominated himself, and I would bet his buddy Vince McMahon got his star the same way (although Vince at least has helped create and promote some real stars).

If only someone paid for an Emmy for Trump every year this all could have been avoided

I'm sure WORLD PEACE will happen now that he put it in all caps and everything. Strange that nobody ever thought to just ask before.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived